[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Should outfitters break in battle?

BabyDaniBabyDani
Vindictus Rep: 1,735
edited April 24, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
I wish outfitter items broke in battle like regular clothing does...you can't see if your armor is broken unless you press alt and look at your avatar icon. Would be much nicer if you just saw broken armor so you would know you have to repair. Also, it's very romantic to see your character all beaten up while she's kicking butt on a giant, scary monster.
  1. Should outfitter items break during battle?40 votes
    1. Yes! It would be more realistic and I don't mind seeing undies.
       55% (22 votes)
    2. No! I paid $ for them so I want to look pretty even if I'm all broken up.
       45% (18 votes)

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Uh, isnt the key point of the outfit to override your armor? I guess it would be nice if there was an optional system where you could display the outfit and still have it break when the associated armor slot does, but it should be optional (players choose whether it can break or not).

But that would require a ton of work probably, because they would have to make a broken version of the outfit too.

Now, a more interesting option would be if you could set normal armor to appear broken even if it is fully repaired....would be really nice with the succubus armor set for starters. Sometimes when the host DCs, you re-enter the dungeon with your armor visually broken, but stat wise is still fully repaired, so tis definately possible to have some kind of toggle.

But that would depend on derpcat making the effort to do it, so...
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    I would like to see a toggle to enable this option. Sometimes it's hard tell if you need to repair your armor while wearing outfits. You can repair and cancel immediately to save an anvil if it's not need. I can't remember if holding Alt shoes the armor durability or not. It would be a welcome cosmetic option.
    DownIoadPrototypemind
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited April 24, 2017
    same, i think they should update avatars to have damaged appearances in battle, 20 to 30 to 800 dollars for some avatars and they look pristine throughout the battle.

at least have an option for it

but updating avatars would seems low on the priority list for devcat :#
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    hi5josh wrote: »
    I would like to see a toggle to enable this option. Sometimes it's hard tell if you need to repair your armor while wearing outfits. You can repair and cancel immediately to save an anvil if it's not need. I can't remember if holding Alt shoes the armor durability or not. It would be a welcome cosmetic option.

Its not like anyone bothers repairing armor outside of long dungeons anyway. Holding the environment key does bring up the paper doll so you can use it ot quickly check armor dura if necessary.

Updating avatars to have a broken version is probably not even on their priority list, as they would have to code the outfits to check for armor dura and break accordingly. The current system where the outfits just override everything is easy and generates massive profits for minimal work.
    uncledolan
  • MizoraMizora
    Vindictus Rep: 730
    yes, because the clipping is messed up for some of the full-body top armor (the kimono ones) and when the bottom breaks it just phases through...
  • AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    9ztdGFe.png
    fhI4FgH.gif