[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How do you find the exact RGB color code for a col

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
(I really hate the small character limit for forum thread titles)

How do you find the exact RGB color code for a color if it is already on an item?

For example : http://i.imgur.com/iQsnhjW.jpg

Im trying to find the color code for color 1 of the succubus queen top there, but the game doesn't seem to tell me what the color code is. And trying to use a paint program's color picker on the screenshot gives me varying results, which dont seem accurate. 230 230 230 in game doesn't give me anything near 230 230 230 in a paint program's color picker for example.

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Save the image in better format rather than low-quality JPG. Once You zoom in the colorbox in image viewing or editing program, you'll see it's all messed up.

Anyway, any color picker should give accurate RGB. In-game colors look different due to lighting and materials. Try inserting gold on the boots dagger - it will look very dark, because that's how many parts of Succubus Queen set works.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    Take a screenshot, convert to png and color pick with photoshop to find out?
  • Question2Question2
    The game saves screenshots in .jpg. Converting to .png wont help.

I tried print screen + pasting it into paint .net, but the results are still inaccurate.

See : http://i.imgur.com/DuFv1j0.png

There are at least 4 shades of blue there.

According to paint.net, its :

161, 208, 243

157, 206, 243

167, 216, 253

163, 211, 246

(not counting the darker shades which is probably inaccurate)
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    Taking a screenshot in .png makes it so the entire square is one solid color (borders and shadows will have a solid color too). If I'm not wrong screenshot mode can take .png (you need to tick the "High quality" box) and bandicam too.

It always worked for me. http://oi63.tinypic.com/nxri36.jpg (Tinypic converted it into jpg, it's originally png).
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    I just use "instant eyedropper" with the color code checked as RGB. You don't need to print screen when using this since you can just click the icon on your taskbar and drag your cursor over whatever box you want to find the RGB values for.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    edited April 24, 2017
    Its obvious the 'biggest square' blue is the color from the ampoule or whatever.
    The rest around it is caused by the way you fuq up your printscreens/jpegs/pngs's/transparant bakcground colors ingame
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    You had the the right idea. Print Screen then paste into Paint and use the eye-dropper in the middle of the color slot without saving. This is the method I've always used. http://i.imgur.com/zM79r3d.png
  • Question2Question2
    Even the instant eye dropper when used in game shows different shades of blue when i mouse over the icon ingame. 157, 206, 243 is the most accurate that I can get.
  • Question2Question2
    Yea, it looks like the game itself doesnt display the correct colors.

I just used a 187 221 255 dye, but according to instant eye dropper, the color (in the middle of the icon) is 197, 241, 255.

A 230, 230, 230 white dye also shows up in instant eye dropper as 255, 255, 255.

This makes it a LOT harder to find the correct RGB code...
  • VallestiVallesti
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    edited April 25, 2017
    Just use Paint and use the paste option and go from there. Opening the screenshot manually from the game screenshot folder will have inaccurate results.
    DownIoad
  • Question2Question2
    Vallesti wrote: »
    Just use Paint and use the paste option and go from there. Opening the screenshot manually from the game screenshot folder will have inaccurate results.

Vallesti, that is exactly what I did. The results are still inaccurate. Try it. If you have any items with a 230, 230, 230 dye on it, print screen, paste into paint or some other program, and use the color picker to check the center of the icon (the small box next to color 1, 2 or 3). It will probably tell you that the icon is 255, 255, 255 or somewhere around there, NOT 230, 230, 230.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Question2 wrote: »

Vallesti, that is exactly what I did. The results are still inaccurate. Try it. If you have any items with a 230, 230, 230 dye on it, print screen, paste into paint or some other program, and use the color picker to check the center of the icon (the small box next to color 1, 2 or 3). It will probably tell you that the icon is 255, 255, 255 or somewhere around there, NOT 230, 230, 230.

HnghdMt.png

??
  • Question2Question2
    Sekaiiz wrote: »

HnghdMt.png

??

Hmm...maybe its because im running the game in full screen resolution or some other video related settings. Will have to do more testing on it later.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    @Question2

Here is what happens when you zoom in on your screenshot versus the image I directly pasted into paint. Quality loss.

WqwWRA7.png

You simply cannot rely on a screenshot of low quality for obtaining accurate results.
  • VallestiVallesti
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    edited April 25, 2017
    Sekaiiz wrote: »

HnghdMt.png

??

Hmm...maybe its because im running the game in full screen resolution or some other video related settings. Will have to do more testing on it later.

You can try using Snipping Tool. It saves in png by default i think...but it's more troublesome. The Paint way is much more simple.
  • Question2Question2
    I was using print screen + paste in paint.

The reason why the colors werent accurate was becaue of another reason, but thats fixed now.
  • QuanQQuanQ
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    If u know what QQ is.
    i usually have that open, and when i need a color, i just hover over the item and crlt+alt+a brings u to screen capture mode, and just point ur mouse to the dye slot. and it will show the RGB code. :)
  • ZaytiatusZaytiatus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,335
    I've been using ColorCop to check RGB values. Just keep the window beside the item info when you alt+tab out of Vindictus.