[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Need some info on the Extraction rune.

GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
Vindictus Rep: 3,540
in General Discussion
runes-on-sale.png

I like the sound of the thing in principle, it's expensive though. As somebody rocking a +12 Longsword that's fully enchanted however, this item appeals to me. One of the most daunting aspects of upgrading my weapon is having to buy expensive weapon enchant scrolls and then actually succeed on them. This item sounds like it would make upgrading to some 15 90 weapon or level 95 weapon a good bit more painless. The thing is though it says "a" scroll. Which sounds like one. And only one. So how does the game/rune handle an item with 2 enchants on it? Would I now have a "righteous judgement 100% scroll" a righteous AND a judgement or just one or the other?

Comments

• SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    You get a 100% Righteous and a 100% Judgment ES. They don't combine into one enchant scroll.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    I made a thread earlier asking the same. It got deleted. Nice work Nexon.

Also, the last line about Dianann....Tel us how she can extract materials without enhancing. Because I don't see that as an available option when i visit her.
  • ForumacForumac
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    So, lets say i have a non-lvl90 weapon with 2 enchants. It´s not +15, and has been broken before (therefore, it's already restored). Can i extract the enchants without enhancing it? If so, how? And if I have to extract by booming, will i receive the enchants even if the weapon is deleted? If it does succeed on enhancing, will i have wasted 20 bucks for nothing (i dont plan on using said weapon even if it reaches +15)?

can any gm answer the questions in this thread, plz? It's really important and almost 20 bucks for an item no one seems to fully understand how it works...
    GhengisJohn
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited January 19, 2017
    was wondering about this too since Diannan doesn't have any option relate to this rune. By enhancing is the only way getting this to work, it means if your weapon is already +15, you can not get your shards back?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Rizzle wrote: »
    IAlso, the last line about Dianann....Tel us how she can extract materials without enhancing. Because I don't see that as an available option when i visit her.

I think that option will come when we get lv 95 gear. It sounded like they had some option to get half the shards back using some method she had.

• faket00th92faket00th92
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    one thing id like to know as well is, are the scrolls you recieve from the extraction bound to that character, or can you trade the scrolls between your characters/trade the scroll to other people?
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    The scrolls are bound to the character.
    faket00th92
  • faket00th92faket00th92
    thank you for clarifying
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    I don't understand what this rune does, can someone simplify it for me?
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Forumac wrote: »
    Can i extract the enchants without enhancing it?

Second this question, can anyone answer this?
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    TheNewKai wrote: »
    I don't understand what this rune does, can someone simplify it for me?

The rune is basically insurance for enchants/att limit. If your weapon booms, the rune will be consumed and turn any enchant/att limit on your weapon into scrolls/materials. If the weapon succeeds, nothing will happen.

Basically a sort of compensation rune for booming things.
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    Forumac wrote: »
    Can i extract the enchants without enhancing it?

Second this question, can anyone answer this?

You will need to boom the weapon to get the enchants.

• RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    Will this rune work on second boom?
  • faket00th92faket00th92
    Rizzle wrote: »
    Will this rune work on second boom?
    id like to know this too
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Any more information about this rune available?
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    edited April 25, 2017
    To my understanding on how the rune works:

To get att limit/damage reflection/enchants back, you will need to destroy the weapon by:

-Fail an enhance with the rune equipped.
    -Go to Dianne to dismantle with the rune.

Notes:

Items that can be restored will not have the att limit/dmg reflection/enchant on them when restored.
    Items restored will not have material synthesis stats.
    Scrolls are character bound.
    Rune will work on items that have boomed once.
    PrototypemindLoLoBooty
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Sekaiiz wrote: »
    To my understanding on how the rune works:

To get att limit/damage reflection/enchants back, you will need to destroy the weapon by:

-Fail an enhance with the rune equipped.
    -Go to Dianne to dismantle with the rune.

Notes:

Items that can be restored will not have the att limit/dmg reflection/enchant on them when restored.
    Items restored will not have material synthesis stats.
    Scrolls are character bound.
    Rune will work on items that have boomed once.

I'm assuming "Go to Dianne to dismantle with the rune" is not currently possible -- even though the rune is an event gift. When selecting dismantle you are not allowed to dismantle weapons.
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    So. If they're making blown up weapons unenhance-able...?
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Im pretty sure that you can only dismantle gear via Dianne after the Dullahan update. According to what people have posted in the future content sub forum anyway.
  • ArgazielArgaziel
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    Then If I put mysterious shards on my revivided weapon will not I get them with extraction rune?
  • lumix345lumix345
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    edited April 26, 2017
    The extraction rune at the moment will work on revived gear. It's only function is to allow a user to get back their enchant scrolls (yes both) and the materials they used on the gear to get additional stats (Att limit removal mats/Damage reflection mats).

I can say for certain that the scrolls you get back are 100% success, do NOT expire, and are bound to the character that receives them.

Unfortunately I cannot say for certain if the additional stat materials (again, att limit removal mats/damage reflection mats) you get back are bound to the character, but I am like 99% confident that they are.

I am also not certain on this, but I believe I read somewhere in the future updates section that the update that will allow Dianne to dismantle gear without enhancing will still require the extraction rune, but I can't verify that. Though that does seem like something that nx would hide behind a cash wall considering the benefits :*.

On an opinion related matter; I feel the way to maximize the benefits of this rune would be to use it on a weapon/armor that is fully enchanted and has a high level of att limit removal/damage reflection mats put in to it. This would make transitioning to lvl 95+ gear in the future much more streamlined.