[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

why couldn't neamhain have a practice mode

ArixArix
Vindictus Rep: 1,880
in General Discussion
I wasn't geared during her release to join practice parties and now no one does them anymore, I don't want to join clear parties since i'm not experienced but I don't know how else I'll be able to learn her hands-on. :(
2edgy4u

Comments

• HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    what's your class?
    solo normal until you can at least get past neit's phase without dying.
    people are a lot more forgiving if you die to neamhain rather than neit. you could also watch videos on how to dodge gates of babylon and neit's ohko in the last phase. other than that, you'll just have to accept the fact that the only way to practice her is to join other people
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    edited April 23, 2017
    Herucross wrote: »
    what's your class?
    solo normal until you can at least get past neit's phase without dying.
    people are a lot more forgiving if you die to neamhain rather than neit. you could also watch videos on how to dodge gates of babylon and neit's ohko in the last phase. other than that, you'll just have to accept the fact that the only way to practice her is to join other people

Hurk, and I can do p1 just fine, I just need to learn neam herself in p2 (and so on), I tend to instantly die/get hit if i get close to her lol
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Derpcat wants to spend more time making gachas/outfits to sell.
  • BlissKnightBlissKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    I don't know what you're talking about but that CelesteV guy always megas about Neam practices on the East Server
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    I don't know what you're talking about but that CelesteV guy always megas about Neam practices on the East Server

Cept in west: Practice neams are practically DED.
  • Question2Question2

Hes talking specifically about the practice mode that requires practice coupons and gives you unlimited revives.

Sure, you can do regular practice neam runs just by launching a regular boat, except that it takes so much longer because of the revive timer preventing you from actually getting practice. And if the party is small, you cant practice the latter ohases as you cant actually make it to the latter phases in time. And the repair fees penalizing you is dumb (why isn't equip durability deducted only when you kill the boss?).

Something like Neam should have come with practice mode support from the get go and the ability to choose which phase to practice for., but derpcat just shoved it out of the door to encourage people to buy runes.
    PixelPantsuArixSirRFIVladino
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited April 25, 2017
    @OP:
    Just keep running it. There's always room for improvement everywhere. If you think you can dodge Neam 90% of the time, that's still not enough. If you can evade her almost flawlessly, work on pushing more damage out or dodging in a way that minimizes damage to other members. It's brutal that you can't fall back on practice mode GGs, but IMO it also pushes you to really learn -every- nuance of her attacks whether she be targeting you or another person.
    The OHKOs are going to be your stumbling blocks, but there are a lot of resources for that. You can also bring a feather bundle to live through gates. IMO, most people still have much to improve fighting Neam after learning her gates so I'd like to think not being able to practice just her OHKOs is a blessing in disguise.
    Question2 wrote: »
    but derpcat just shoved it out of the door to encourage people to buy runes.
    Except every gold buyer who thought they could just brute force her is lying on the ground at Neit. Also, my +5 armors would like to say hi. Finally, a bunch of players here stripped down to 20k and cleared it no problem so I don't see where the runes are in this equation.
    If you think runes is the key to winning this battle, then you deserve to be among the people lying on the ground.

Most of us who have 50+ clears got here because we just run Neam instead of complaining how it should have been for 2 months.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Except every gold buyer who thought they could just brute force her is lying on the ground at Neit. Also, my +5 armors would like to say hi. Finally, a bunch of players here stripped down to 20k and cleared it no problem so I don't see where the runes are in this equation.
    If you think runes is the key to winning this battle, then you deserve to be among the people lying on the ground.

Most of us who have 50+ clears got here because we just run Neam instead of complaining how it should have been for 2 months.

I don't get your point. Neam as it is now doesn't encourage new or unequipped players to go there even if they could complete it in 50-55 mins but they give up after few tries because they:
    -can't even call neam in solo and fighting crab for 40 mins isn't going to make you better at her
    -equipped players don't really want practice anymore they just want to complete (not everyone) and most of neam parties are premade to complete it fastest time possible to go farm after
    -making practice party takes a lot of time and effort just for one failed run (and since they are unequipped they don't have gold to waste on repairing)
    -so let's say they can mange to get to Neam ohk and even if they watched tutorial/how to dodge videos it isn't that easy to dodge it for the first time
    -^ also with crab ohk at 4th bar so with unequipped people let's say you will get there in 30 mins just to die there to try it again so waste of 30 mins for one try

Yes with practice mode it would be much easier
    -> you could learn how to dodge gate let's say with about 3 different ways
    -> you could find the safe spot for all attacks at crab ohk
    -> everyone could practice to see how difficult/easy can this raid be (it would save unequipped players time and encouraged them to get better gear)

I can't find any disadvantages of having Neam practice mode if you find some then let us know.
    2edgy4uPixelPantsu
  • LordAlucardLordAlucard
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    That boss just sucks ass!

Maybe that's the reason the devs don't give us a practice mode.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    You know you don't have practice mode in most of ACT games, like Monster Hunter, Dark souls...
    edited April 25, 2017
    Vladino wrote: »

I don't get your point. Neam as it is now doesn't encourage new or unequipped players to go there even if they could complete it in 50-55 mins but they give up after few tries because they:
    -can't even call neam in solo and fighting crab for 40 mins isn't going to make you better at her
    -equipped players don't really want practice anymore they just want to complete (not everyone) and most of neam parties are premade to complete it fastest time possible to go farm after
    -making practice party takes a lot of time and effort just for one failed run (and since they are unequipped they don't have gold to waste on repairing)
    -so let's say they can mange to get to Neam ohk and even if they watched tutorial/how to dodge videos it isn't that easy to dodge it for the first time
    -^ also with crab ohk at 4th bar so with unequipped people let's say you will get there in 30 mins just to die there to try it again so waste of 30 mins for one try

-> everyone could practice to see how difficult/easy can this raid be (it would save unequipped players time and encouraged them to get better gear)

I can't find any disadvantages of having Neam practice mode if you find some then let us know.

Yeah this is exactly what I was telling my friend way back. All of your points are correct and I have already said all of that in a previous post. The -only- thing I see that benefits most people is that a lot of people think they're fine with Neam and only stumble for gates/Neit, when they still take too much hits. What I mean by blessing in disguise is that people are forced to be exposed to Neam more and getting more muscle memory training.

That little snippet was mostly just for that person because of what they're claiming and history. Weapon-wise, gear enhances for the most part wouldn't help as much because new players are still trying to survive and not maximize damage. On armors it only helps marginally and only for amounts way above 12k. I already see people with average gears who only started a month ago and are doing fine now because they just kept at it.

Finally, Neam was meant to be the endgame challenge for capped people. While I am not particularly a fan of stat walls, I think Neam stats are fair taking what she is supposed to be into consideration.
  • Question2Question2
    @OP:
    Except every gold buyer who thought they could just brute force her is lying on the ground at Neit.

Dude, im talking about how people are spamming runes to get a +13 or better to attack cap Neam. Yes, of course, you can clear it without being attack capped, but any hard raid with a very high attack cap inevitably encourages people to spam runes to reach the attack cap.

I have been watching some of my friends spam runes to try to get a +13 precisely for Neam. Most of them refuse to touch the game now because they didn't manage to make a +13 even after using a dozen or more runes.
  • Question2Question2
    Vladino wrote: »

From derpcat's point of view, it's probably the time spent making practice mode for it instead of time spent making gachas/outfits to sell.

The problem with anything really hard/troublesome is that at least 90% of the playerbase will not even try to do it.

Case in point : Look at how many decently geared players still refuse to do succubus queen or blood lord reborn, even though the bosses only have 11k DEF and you can get revived up to 3 times in hard mode now.

A lot of people with +14s/+15s and full OJ enchanted gear still refuse to touch Neam other than doing it once for the story because, i quote, "it is too hard" and "i can't be bothered".

Unfortunately, due to the server structure and derpcat/nexon driving off most of the playerbase, we don't have the kind of population that a tier 1 MMO has and there aren't a dozen guilds full of top players on every player to do hard stuff like Neam.
  • TeknofobixTeknofobix
    Vindictus Rep: 665
    Neim is a pain in the arse. I can solo Regina, Lord Glas (8/10 runs without dying), Duo Abom with 75%. but I cant last 2 min in Neim with Sylas, but I can go 15-20min on Delia, FiFi, Evie without dying. I've watched vids I've tried going in solo with Sylas just to learn when to dodge but so far I can't figure out how to dodge Crab or Neim. Sylas: 28.9k att 15.4k def 119 crit resist 128 crit. all in all I hate Neim and I'd just like to get a carry so I can get it out of my quest log lol
    edited April 25, 2017
    @OP:
    Except every gold buyer who thought they could just brute force her is lying on the ground at Neit.

Dude, im talking about how people are spamming runes to get a +13 or better to attack cap Neam. Yes, of course, you can clear it without being attack capped, but any hard raid with a very high attack cap inevitably encourages people to spam runes to reach the attack cap.

I have been watching some of my friends spam runes to try to get a +13 precisely for Neam. Most of them refuse to touch the game now because they didn't manage to make a +13 even after using a dozen or more runes.

Then it's you or your circle of friends then. Gotcha.
    I know more players doing Neam with 10-12 then 13-15. And most of the time I'd rather take them than some rando with a +15.
    My prep for Neam consists of just swapping enthu -> journeying. I also know no one who spammed runes and mass enhanced. By the looks of how most people I know still having the same weapon, it's not a very common occurrence.
    2edgy4u
  • Question2Question2
    If you try talking to more people, im sure that you will hear a lot of stories of people spamming runes to try to reach attack cap for Neam (most of whom failed and rage quitted).
    edited April 25, 2017
    If you try talking to more people, im sure that you will hear a lot of stories of people spamming runes to try to reach attack cap for Neam (most of whom failed and rage quitted).

Not really, no? I still see most of the players still hanging around ch.1?

Attack capping a raid isn't required to complete it. Like I said, a full 20k party cleared it.
    I do 12-15% with my 25k Delia without crit or bal cap in a standard 40 minute run (and by standard I mean half dead at P3)
    You're adhering to your flawed play-style and blaming the system for it. Sounds like people just making excuses cos' they don't want to put the effort in.
    SekaiizTariro2edgy4u
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Goin from +10 to +15 wont magically make a person better in neam. Best way to learn is going in and doin the raid. If you die, watch other players and learn, not alt tab to look at forums. At this point its pretty normal for pugs to die in neam and most people wont really complain about it.
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    edited April 25, 2017
    The current problem with the other raids in this game is you can blaze through everything in 2 weeks after its release/get carried while sleeping. So they throw you a raid that actually pushes people to gitgud/git geared up/both.

Far goes the raid design it's actually a pretty good raid and really does push people on their timing in action games. Very reminiscent of the 2011 summer when glas/ingkells were first released. The limits on pots/rez/no practice coupon allowed is just a tryhard way on trying to bring back how this game was supposed to be.
  • Question2Question2

Not really, no? I still see most of the players still hanging around ch.1?

Attack capping a raid isn't required to complete it. Like I said, a full 20k party cleared it.
    I do 12-15% with my 25k Delia without crit or bal cap in a standard 40 minute run (and by standard I mean half dead at P3)
    You're adhering to your flawed play-style and blaming the system for it. Sounds like people just making excuses cos' they don't want to put the effort in.

Like i said, I know it can be cleared without attack capping it.

But you are seriously underestimating the amount of people who won't touch Neam without being attack capped.

Sure, you see plenty of people in channel 1 or wherever. But that doesn't mean that a lot of people haven't quit because they spammed runes to try to attack Neam, failed, and then quit.