[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is it worth re-gearing weapons for 95?

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited April 16, 2017
    Add dmg. - ATT cap >>>>>> Crit cap.

Crit cap is just 1 chance out of 2 to get a Crit each smash (normals as well, depend with which char you play) but that's definitely not a anti-rng bullsh*t. Like, when you are Crit capped at Berbhe, yet I still see sometimes I deal a Crit every 3-4 hits, or sometimes I deal only Crits or I follow that 1/2 ratio, but yeah you get me, the "rng" ...

Meanwhile ATT cap is straight up the maximum of your base damage. Additional damage is an extra great bonus as well... and the speed gain from higher enhancement also increases the fun of the gameplay so what do you even miss ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Crit is good don't get me wrong, but going for the crit cap no matter what ? Honestly unnecessary. I say you're still fine even if you have below 10-15 Crit from the cap. RIP Lann tho.

140 Crit will be good enough in my opinion, it also caps Neamhain so \ o/

• SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    edited April 16, 2017
    Tbh I would wait til how they fix the entire enhance/enchant system as a whole (as mentioned in devnote) before looking at 95 stuff
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Have to agree that they should have just made the new area have it's own 90 set. Gives something to people who really want to min/max again, and wouldn't have hurt players as a whole. 85 didn't add gear, it was just a middle ground and came with events to encourage players to level a bit and prepare for 90. I'm really not looking forward to yet another tier with all the alts that I have, or even just maining two or three chars.
    CelestiaV
  • CelestiaVCelestiaV
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    Sekaiiz wrote: »
    Tbh I would wait til how they fix the entire enhance/enchant system as a whole (as mentioned in devnote) before looking at 95 stuff

Honestly happy with my +10 fully enchanted OJ term gear at the moment so I will most likely skip 95 entirely aside for the weapon +14-15 as I do neamhain 99% of the time and hopefully can master Dullahan!
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Ingkells wrote: »
    heard a rumor theyre already working on 100 gear because kr players think 95 is just a bothersome half-step. anyone that can confirm this?

KR hasn't stated anything regarding lvl 100 gear. It's not so much of the gear being bothersome. It's the fact that it was implemented TOO early. The gear isn't bothersome. Which bring me to another subject I would like to clear up. KR never stated anything about overhauling the engine since I noticed there was a rumor floating around about DevCAT announcing an engine overhaul. I didn't find anything and my friends didn't hear anything from DevCAT either.
    Myayen
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    It takes same amount of AP to restore lv90 and lv95 weapon.

If new weapon was set to be lv100, we can't restore anything above specific enhance level, since NA caps at 50,000 AP at any given time.

It's technically lv100 weapon, devcat just makes it "lv95" to circumvent possible issues.
    CelestiaV
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    1. How much more crit are the new weapons
    2. When do new weapons release
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Lahar wrote: »
    1. How much more crit are the new weapons
    2. When do new weapons release

1.) Zero idea. I know....I should start keeping this stuff in mind for you guys...I'm a bad KR Ambassador +tongue
    2.) With the Dullahan content since they are from Dullahan itself.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited April 17, 2017
    Regina vs Dullohan
    Armor set: +1850 DEF, +7 Critical Resistance, +7 STR, +10 INT
    Weapon: +3000 ATK, +3000 M.ATK, -7 Balance, +15 Critical
    Source: http://forums.vindictusmanual.com/t180-season-3-chapter-2-episode-3-dullahan-and-lv-95

Keep in mind that:
    • There are new scrolls - higher rank than 90lv items can have, so they add extra to this.
    • There are two new rings with BAL (like Abomination belt), who worn together have a set bonus, so it will be easy to fill the negative BAL gap.

Is it worth? Depends on what You have already.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Tbh until Neamhain is revamped to be for lvl 95 stats you don't NEED to upgrade to lvl 95 gear yet. Though if you want to plan ahead like have of the KR community is then may as well get it out of the way.
    CelestiaV
  • fewifewnewffewifewnewf
    Vindictus Rep: 430
    edited April 18, 2017
    Yes if you want to have fun doing Neamhain and Dullahan with sword Lann
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Tbh until Neamhain is revamped to be for lvl 95 stats you don't NEED to upgrade to lvl 95 gear yet. Though if you want to plan ahead like have of the KR community is then may as well get it out of the way.

Cant wait to see how they going to rework the raid.I saw this bugged run a while ago.Having some phases where they can both attack at the same time could be nice maybe:

But i hope they developp other reedemers raids and fast enough to encourage team work and the usage of all available character skills rather than dps contest.With the stats rewards related it really gives an incentive to repeat the raid.If Neamhain/Neit was just another easy raid,most people would have stop bothering with it already.They made a very good turn by adding this concept and hopefully they keep it up.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    It wouldn't be as bothersome if one were to collect Extraction Runes from the current event. When 95 comes around, one could extract the scrolls from their current gear and apply the 100% scrolls on the new gear. Less hassle enchanting too.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    JessGame wrote: »

Cant wait to see how they going to rework the raid.I saw this bugged run a while ago.Having some phases where they can both attack at the same time could be nice maybe:

But i hope they developp other reedemers raids and fast enough to encourage team work and the usage of all available character skills rather than dps contest.With the stats rewards related it really gives an incentive to repeat the raid.If Neamhain/Neit was just another easy raid,most people would have stop bothering with it already.They made a very good turn by adding this concept and hopefully they keep it up.

LOL yeah I did see that. It was rather funny. I would LOVE to have that as a phase.
  • SilverFenixSilverFenix
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    edited April 20, 2017
    Well depends.. From your goals and your time.. In my case i have rank 7 full scrolled gear, and don't worth for me re-gearing liv 95 with rank 6 scroll, cuz rank 6 will cost tons of gold and specially runes, that you broken in attempts. For what? There is not big difference about rank 7 and 6.

Weapon liv 95 is another thing because there is a lot of attack difference, 3000 between 95/90. Infact if you don't have +13 90 i can suggest you to build liv 95 +10 weapon, but again depend on your objective since 23k+ are useful in neam and dullahan.

I prefere more to save my gold to potentiate my accessory with rank 8 es and infusion. And maybe getting liv 95 weapon after the boom's price drop of the first months.

Keep in mind that one day we will get liv 100 gear/weapon and i know there is no new about that, but this is the logical future step after liv 95 gear. And you will be forced to do everything again. The only thing may can worth is about liv 95 cloth/light (perhaps we get that one day) so you can scrolled with rank 8/9 es without runes.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited April 22, 2017
    I'll say if you have a good paying job that gives you enough disposable income to go traveling on vacation while also spending it for nx then, yes, go regear asap for lvl 95 patch.

Other then that, i think everyone else covered everything for us. Lucky the extraction rune take away some of the work for upgrading to lvl 95 but, you still need to make a new +15 weapon.
  • IbNoobIbNoob
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Yes please re gear all level 90 players must sell all there gear and accessory's weapons or you fail your runs
  • CelestiaVCelestiaV
    It wouldn't be as bothersome if one were to collect Extraction Runes from the current event. When 95 comes around, one could extract the scrolls from their current gear and apply the 100% scrolls on the new gear. Less hassle enchanting too.

I would only do this once light armour came out as I do not use plate nor ever will and even then, there would be new light armour scrolls so why use the old ones if the new ones have better stats overall. I'm assuming your idea was for those who don't have gold.
  • CelestiaVCelestiaV
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    I'll say if you have a good playing job that gives you enough disposable income to go traveling on vacation while also spending it for nx then, yes, go regear asap for lvl 95 patch.

Other then that, i think everyone else covered everything for us. Lucky the extraction rune take away some of the work for upgrading to lvl 95 but, you still need to make a new +15 weapon.

Unless I suddenly had GM powers, there's a VERY VERY VERY small chance I would make another +15. Think I will just stick to my +15 90 or buy a pre-made +15 95. Sensible instead of spending millions on blowing up weapons trying to +15 in this game.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    If you are a class that has high speed scaling such as lynn or scythe, just stay with your 90 is a good idea; 95s will likely not be worth unless you can get it to +13 or higher.

If you are a class that has awful speed scaling, like xgun kai or arisha; switching to 95 immediately is a far more cost effective method for crit cap.