[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Can't have more than 1 stack of fishing rods?

DaPlayaDaPlaya
Vindictus Rep: 885
edited April 20, 2017 in General Discussion
I logged in an alt who already had 100 fishing rods and took the daily event from the cat, and ended up getting a single picnic ticket WITHOUT a new stack of 100 fishing rods. Is this a bug or intentional? Anyone else experience this?

What happens if you have 2 fishing rods left? Will it pad it to 100 (give you 98) or will it give you a full stack of 100 (so you end up with 102)? Or will it give you nothing (because you still have 2 left)?

Comments

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    i have a stack of 177 rods
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    I used 100 rods this morning and after the reset I went back to the cat and got a single ticket instead of more rods.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    if you only had 1 slot in your storage for the rods, the "quest" is left incomplete as you didnt get the ticket. the next day you are continuing by picking up the ticket.
    Sylarius
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    It isn't free slots in storage/having more than 100 rods/having rods equipped. I haven't figured it out. On a few of my characters he sometimes decides not to give you rods, but the next day he will without you having done anything different.
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    edited April 22, 2017
    It seems we cant more than 100 rods in our inventory.
    I wasnt able to fish all day yesterday so i grab the rods on my other characters besides my main.
    And today the cat didnt give me anything besides saying to come back tomorrow :/

EDIT;
    I guess its best to use all your rods before picking up a new pack of 100.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    I wasnt able to fish all day yesterday so i grab the rods on my other characters besides my main.
    And today the cat didnt give me anything besides saying to come back tomorrow :/

EDIT;

thats not it either
    l1IrgtW.png
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    edited April 22, 2017
    2edgy4u wrote: »

EDIT;

thats not it either
    l1IrgtW.png

Well I dont know how its working for you when none of my characters are allowed to hold more that 100 at a time 3:

Edit;
    So you can hold more than 100 (checked on my last character) ..why is this crap so iffy on which character is allowed to carry more than 100??
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    Is it possible people just arent finishing the dialog? I noticed that after he gives you the rods and the petal thing theres still another box to hit ( a "Thanks!" button). They also seem to only stack to 300 but I have one 300 stack and a 100 stack after getting rods today on one char.
    2edgy4u
  • KouzuiKouzui
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    edited April 24, 2017
    ^
    That's exactly the problem. Tested.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited April 24, 2017
    Not hitting Thanks doesn't seem to be the cause. (I have had cases where hitting thanks still = not getting 100 rods the next day. And other times I signed out when the thanks prompt was still there and I got 100 rods that day + the next day.)
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    I had 300 rods stacked, so it shouldn't be an issue.
  • KouzuiKouzui
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    I've been keeping track of when I was able to collect rods. I left one char without hitting the Thanks button. The next day it was the only one that wasn't able to collect.
    Now that I've made sure I hit the Thanks button, I haven't had any fails so far.
    2edgy4u
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    edited April 26, 2017
    tumblr_op20syFjUP1rs5ixfo1_500.png
    Seems the cat is not giving me rods again, this is the text I got on my arisha when i tried to collect.
    Note; I have 353 rods in my inventory already. Although that shouldn't matter.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    it's definitely related to not completing the quest. it just seems leaving the dialog early is not the only way for that to happen.