[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Has the attack cap been removed from niflheim?

AequipondiumAequipondium
Vindictus Rep: 1,965
in Battle Quests and Guides
I don't have a character with overpowered stats so I can't verify.
And if it's not been removed yet, when?

Comments

• natraznatraz
    Vindictus Rep: 590
    nope it has not and probably wont for a long time since it seems to be dead after update.
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    Royal raid's attack cap is removed. Nilfheim is still capped.
  • MilioMilio
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    What is Nilfheims cap anyway?
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    edited November 1, 2016
    Milio
    Milio said:

What is Nilfheims cap anyway?
    I think it's 19k attack for Zecallion and Succubus and 19,5 k for Blood Lord

Apparently the boss defence +10k:

http://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Zecallion

http://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Succubus_Queen

http://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Blood_Lord_Reborn

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited November 1, 2016
    Since when has the Attack Cap been removed from Royal Army Raids? Did I miss something?
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited November 1, 2016
    When ancient lako came out, attack cap for royal raids got removed.

Niflheim still has attack cap. +15 at 21k attack does more dmg than +12 at 27k attack. The attack cap is slightly lower than monster def +10k.
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    Hally
    Hally said:

The attack cap was actually there all this time until last week
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Interesting, thanks for the reply. :-)
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited November 2, 2016
    Delteros
    Delteros said:

Hally
    Hally said:

The attack cap was actually there all this time until last week
    A ninja update to remove the att cap for royal raids. Can't find the note saying it, but I'll take your word for it. Probably nexon NA forgot to implement it ^^'.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    we don't have the other half to the first smash update, so both royal raids and nilfheim is still capped with that dreaded 19K attack limit. Once the other half to the that smash update goes live, then you can kiss the limits good bye.
  • DelterosDelteros
    Yuria100
    Yuria100 said:

A ninja update to remove the att cap for royal raids. Can't find the note saying it, but I'll take your word for it. Probably nexon NA forgot to implement it ^^'.
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

we don't have the other half to the first smash update, so both royal raids and nilfheim is still capped with that dreaded 19K attack limit. Once the other half to the that smash update goes live, then you can kiss the limits good bye.
    You can try out the royal army raids yourself, damage numbers will be a lot higher than before. However if your party doesn't have decent gear then it will still take quite a long time to finish.
    I tried a run of spiders with Kai and it was ~30 minutes with me doing 60% of the damage.
    A recent run of the polar bear took 27 minutes and I did ~53%.
    Technically, I guess people would be able to solo these royal army raids after att cap removal

Meanwhile a run of spiders on my non-geared char took 59 minutes and we managed to finish it with seconds left on the timer..
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Delteros
    Delteros said:

Yuria100
    Yuria100 said:

Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

You can try out the royal army raids yourself, damage numbers will be a lot higher than before. However if your party doesn't have decent gear then it will still take quite a long time to finish.
    I tried a run of spiders with Kai and it was ~30 minutes with me doing 60% of the damage.
    A recent run of the polar bear took 27 minutes and I did ~53%.
    Technically, I guess people would be able to solo these royal army raids after att cap removal

Meanwhile a run of spiders on my non-geared char took 59 minutes and we managed to finish it with seconds left on the timer..
    The Royal dungeons are still capped until we get the other half of the first smash update.

I had 32,000 attack rating and it still took me 15 minutes to EAT down 25 Million HP. Another run with less attack, 27,000 rating and I still finished in the same amount of time of 15 minutes. It's the exact reason no one in West wants to do these royal raids because there are BETTER sources to get bravery seals now thanks to the Seal update. Even with these two attack ratings on two separate runs, I was still doing the same amount of damage.

Mind that Zecallion is still a pain to solo thanks to 4,000 of my attack rating being completely useless.

Why do we even have caps in the freaking first place???
  • DelterosDelteros
    edited November 7, 2016
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

I had 32,000 attack rating and it still took me 15 minutes to EAT down 25 Million HP. Another run with less attack, 27,000 rating and I still finished in the same amount of time of 15 minutes. It's the exact reason no one in West wants to do these royal raids because there are BETTER sources to get bravery seals now thanks to the Seal update. Even with these two attack ratings on two separate runs, I was still doing the same amount of damage.
    Try looking at the individual damage numbers for your hollow shots/bolt storms/nukes, the numbers are way higher than it was before the recent update. Unfortunately I don't have any recorded footage before and after the update to show, because these changes were done silently and were not mentioned at all beforehand.

The problem is that most of the people doing the spiders/bear/dragons royal army raids are new/ungeared players who just need the titles/quest completion. Sure they receive some of the royal army buffs but they still fall under the 23,000 att cap and aren't able to deal as much damage which is why it still takes so long. Meanwhile, the geared players are mostly doing the Ancient Lakoria raid for the kill count title. Besides that there isn't much reason to do the raids unless they finally add the rare drop you need for ATT limit release to the drop table.

For Ancient Lakoria, that run usually took about ~15 minutes with a decently geared party (before the attack cap removal) but we should now be able to finish it in 6-7 minutes with a stacked party. Organizing such a party would be difficult right now considering how bad the rewards are at this point but it would still be interesting to see how fast these royal army raids can actually be completed.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Wow. They actually implemented it. Time to do Royal Raids.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    edited November 14, 2016
    Tell everyone you know lol, I couldn't even start a Lako yesterday because of this damned 5 hour long s2 event in combination with the seal shop making s2 the only thing worth doing to anyone 80+ trying to make gold. I pretty much only run these now because I often get more composite upgrade mats from the level 2 bottles than I would from grinding bce for half an hour.

About the cap though, I don't think we got the actual uncap, but that the cap was adjusted to something higher than Ancient Lako's def + 10k~ like a bunch of other battles in the game were. That would explain Ikarsu's 32k and 27k times being about the same, if the new cap were say, 23-25k.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited November 15, 2016
    Eh it's still cancer and I regret everything. Hard carry a bunch of grey titles and all I got was a bad taste in my mouth.
  • PortalsPortals
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    Necrochild

Eh it's still cancer and I regret everything. Hard carry a bunch of grey titles and all I got was a bad taste in my mouth.
    Pretty much this. Royal army raids are only worth going in to see your character pull off some big numbers and then leaving right after because the party compositions are horrendous along with the insane amount of boss hp.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    edited November 17, 2016
    I mean, they are pretty fun. Most of the bosses in the royal army rotation are among my favourites in the whole game, so I love the opportunity to re-experience the big group raids against them with more than 5 minutes to enjoy the fight. 30-40 minutes is too much for sure, but right now that's only happening in the parties with 6 level 79 and under with mostly undergeared 80+ in the rest of the slots. From what I've gathered talking to new players while waiting, a lot of them really enjoy it as the first big raid experience they get in the game too, opting to wait hours for them to start instead of doing stories for efficient exp.

What absolutely blows though is stuff like this "new" cheese strat people are starting to do on Stribog, taking advantage of him getting stuck on dead bodies. The other day I had 3 people in a 10 man group, including one of the few level 90 players, just standing around, dying, asking not to be resurrected while they attempt to get him stuck. It finally happened 20 minutes in and the fight was boring as all hell, plus it was really annoying getting used to his patterns when they didn't move him at all. I stuck around because I felt bad ditching people after fighting that long before these guys glitched him, but I'm definitely not staying if it becomes a common strategy. That is a case where I would say the only merit in playing would be to look at your numbers.

/rant Wasn't this a thread about Niflheim though? Ha, maybe the uncap for it will be part of the AA update's various changes.