[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Scythe or Staff? O3O

ShizukaaShizukaa
Vindictus Rep: 2,585
in Evie
There seems to be a lot more scythies than staffies on the server. Which of these did you choose to main, and why? =0
I think scythe is a lot more forgiving, there really isn't much to complain when you have been given one of the best dodges in the game and mana shield^^
Not to mention that it's also one of the best looking weapons in the game :^) (except for karok's toy whale pillar ofc O3O)
TheGreatCreidne
  1. Scythe or Staff? :D116 votes
    1. Scythe
       47% (55 votes)
    2. Staff
       24% (28 votes)
    3. Hybrid
       28% (33 votes)

Comments

• AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    I voted HYBRID and it poll does crazy went to SCYTHE! I can't fix/edit it... image
    Because I want to fun more alot differents types of combats
    I want to have 3rd weapon for Evie pls ^^ I keep waiting one day comes :v
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Scythe is more lag friendly. Double blink gives generous room for error. +10 points for scythe
    It doesn't help that focus is glitched and rage conductor gets canceled in lag. - 40 points for staff.
    Existing glitch boosting Scythe DPS by a long shot. +50 points.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    edited November 1, 2016
    Chose scythe cause Evie was brand new and when I saw her snap to kill white tyrant with mark of death in her vid I thought that was the tightest jazz I've ever seen in my damn life.
    BloodAngelTheGreatCreidneSuzumeSakura
  • NiburuNiburu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    Okatsu
    Okatsu said:

Chose scythe cause Evie was brand new and when I saw her snap to kill white tyrant with mark of death in her vid I thought that was the tightest jazz I've ever seen in my damn life.
    HONESTLY!!!!! This was the entire reason i even started playing. Scythe was and is still one of the most visually appealing classes in the game. Scythe 4 lyf!!
    ShizukaaBloodAngelTheGreatCreidneSuzumeSakura
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    Staffie 4 Lyfe coz like muh Mage casters lol
    Aqua22PixelPantsuSuzumeSakuramisakamisakaUsagiiiKun
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I started as Staff. As I have progressed with Evie and maxed my staff skills and some very useful commons I've gone into my scythe tree and started looking back on the darker days of the support class. Scythie and Staffie are both so close to my heart. And ^^^ Okatsu that is some OG stuff right there, word.
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    Can't decide. Hybrid all the time!
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655

I started out with staff, decided to try out scythe about 2 years later. I haven't looked back at staff since then. Idk, I just liked scythe. Threading enemies together, marking them for death, then controlling their demise with a snap of the finger. I just liked the darker concept. I wouldn't mind trying staff again, but it's changed so much since then, I literally don't know how to use it LOL. Maybe one day I'll give staff a try again, but...live by the scythe, die by the scythe!

P.S. super quick way to gain sp with mobs. Spirit bind, then sacrifice and watch your sp bar fill up in the snap of a finger ;)

• BlawrghBlawrgh
    Vindictus Rep: 5,355
    edited November 3, 2016
    Started as a Staffie in 2013 and I've always been a Staffie.
    Reason? I'm always a mage user in every other MMO so why not~
    I mean... her playstyle fits me perfectly. I just like the idea of quickly deciding what spell is optional to pewpew at the moment and keeping track of corona/regen cooldowns for support and stuffs... unlike Scythie when you have a simple rotation of smashes more or less
    Aqua22
  • elcausaelcausa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    I like staff because 3 years latter I still can find more efficient spell rotations after tinkering a bit
    BloodAngelFireEglAqua22misakamisaka
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Scythe, because I prefer Melee gameplay. Also, picking Evie overall because she's the only one having two different and complete playstyle with her two weapons. (meanwhile Lann and Fiona, ugh. Kai as well isn't that appealing..)

Vella can be considered too, but the gameplay is kind of... "too easy" so idk :/
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Scythe because I prefer Melee play-style over stationery.
  • SuzumeSakuraSuzumeSakura
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    Honestly, the visuals of having a small-sized sexy girl skirt around the battlefield while wielding an impossibly large scythe and using it with such finesse and speed is what sold me onto the idea. I also like fast-paced melee combat >.>
  • SlothPrincessSlothPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,420
    I'm a staffie, love being the healer :)
    But occasionally I go scythe too
  • ErinieIErinieI
    Vindictus Rep: 2,380
    Staff for raids and other stuff
    Scythe for braindead farming to save time
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    Both are cool >.<!
  • RiceMonsterRiceMonster
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Staff because how else are you going to sear the flesh off your enemies and char their bones.

giphy.gif
    SlothPrincessUsagiiiKun
  • KelemaKelema
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    edited June 23, 2017
    Staff if I'm having trouble with a battle, boss has a break off, and raids. Scythe if the battle is easy.
  • UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    they're both cool, I switch every now and then but using staff is hella
    tumblr_olugajOh9a1vkzuj9o1_r1_400.gif
    ErinieIUvuuPhoebeHalliwelRiceMonster
  • UvuuUvuu
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    Scythe cause we be edgy >:)