[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Your reason for using Lynn

LaharLahar
Vindictus Rep: 1,285
edited April 10, 2017 in Lynn
Discuss

For me it was out of boredom to try a new seemingly good character.

Comments

• VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Windstep: yay I can fly
    Marks: exploding them is fun :3

Imo she doesn't feel as stereotype as other chars, got one of the best animation and style ingame, she is quite easy at start but it's difficult to deal good dmg with her so it provides a challenge. Also lynnchat is friendly and active most of time (willing to help you or just talk about sweets :3
    Lynn was my first char, started her because of the style and the glaive (looks so cool, never seen female char with long weapon before...pls don't spam me with other games now). It was fun playing her but then I hit a wall (I was unskilled and couldn't finish quest battles solo with the armor provided by quests about lvl 60 roche quests). So I started vella and finished s1 and s2 story solo with ease (s3 is difficult with +5 lvl 80) but she became boring so I came back to lynn. When delia came out tried her too but after few Yohaad (Echoaid) runs when I only stacked her things and used 4th smash spam and was first in dmg (well XE version so delia got combo bonus 50%, for lynn marks didn't have bonus dmg from combo) so she became as boring as vella. I have tried also others Lann, Evie, Hurk, Karok, Kai, Sylas (Lynn is best for me).
    Sylphide
  • SunrisePDISunrisePDI
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    Beautiful, Agile moves, Dance style fight, loving exploding marks, challenged class.

I cant say NO to there face :D
    2016_12_27_0000sad_zpslda1trlk.jpg

Hurk was my first char until lv10, but seeing afther this:

I want to play her, and this is how i named her "SunriseDancer"
    I did have problems at my lower level learning the skills that was also because i was new in the game.

I do have Alts Kai, Sylas and Delia but its to compensate my play strategy if i just tired. or i want to play a differend fight style atm.

• lordofrangerlordofranger
    Vindictus Rep: 1,130
    edited April 11, 2017
    10/10 cutest character at the time, she came out when vindictus still had a ton of active players so it was an enjoyable experience playing with her.
    still no +15 weapon
    stuck with her for almost 4 years now because I enjoy her animations. ive also dumped quite the amount of $$$$$$$$$ to play dress up.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    I needed a new character to play and after seeing her, I headcanon her as Evie's younger sister.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Lynn was my first character, and that is the only reason I need to keep playing her. Explaining why I chose Lynn as my first character would result in a wall of text that is irrelevant to why I play her now.
  • BlissKnightBlissKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    edited April 11, 2017
    Cause i'm terribly stubborn despite her annoying gameplay.
  • ZatoxZatox
    Vindictus Rep: 755
    edited April 11, 2017
    Because of a certain difficulty. I also got bored from Fiona which I have since Open Beta era.
    I love the mechanics of Lynn. It's just not straightforward gameplay. And there are only a few of us Lynns.

On the EU server we act like some sort of guild. Very nice subcommunity. 70-100 missed messages in 10 minutes is not unthinkable. The Lynnchat is therefore a great addition to us EU Lynnplayers. That gives Vindi for me extra entertainment value. That is smth I do not find in the other classes.
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    edited April 11, 2017
    Cause i'm terribly stubborn despite her annoying gameplay.

Isn't great, isn't terrible. At least there's pole dancing.

Just Arisha's instant stamina and comparing rapid attacks to swift assassin simply a better character, not to mention much better knock downs.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I rolled her since I needed a Jump Event character. I play her now because I got a super cheap weap that went +15, so why not? Actually enjoy her a lot, though.
  • SunrisePDISunrisePDI
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    edited April 12, 2017
    Zatox wrote: »
    Because of a certain difficulty. I also got bored from Fiona which I have since Open Beta era.
    I love the mechanics of Lynn. It's just not straightforward gameplay. And there are only a few of us Lynns.

On the EU server we act like some sort of guild. Very nice subcommunity. 70-100 missed messages in 10 minutes is not unthinkable. The Lynnchat is therefore a great addition to us EU Lynnplayers. That gives Vindi for me extra entertainment value. That is smth I do not find in the other classes.

Speaking about Lynnchat... its indeed living compare other classchat? If i play Sylas or Delia chat is soo quiet :|
    Well Ya can consider Alu and Vlad as LynnGuild Leader :D :D

hmm I have to set lynnchat on position4 instead on 8 in the chat console :o
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited April 12, 2017
    i still finding her gameplay much amusing despite of many glitches and underpower class
    was my 2nd main and always be my 2nd main besides arisha though due to you-know-what reasons i had to abandoned her
  • LeggendaxuLeggendaxu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,075
    My old main was Karok, and I still play him occasionally, along with many other alts...

Reasons why I decided to start playing (main) Lynn, and keep playing her, well...

- Gameplay, duh! Challenging and fun.

- Weapon: in Vindictus, you can apply exploding marks with it. And you know the (Insect) Glaive of the Monster Hunter series? You can get 3 kinds of "extracts" (basically boosts) depending on the monster's body part you hit. You even choose which kind of nectar to feed your insect with, depending on how you want its stats to turn out. My point being, glaives are always original weapons with a cool design and a gameplay that has some depth.

- It's hard to put me and anything "mainstream" together, so not many people playing her is actually a plus to me. I like special, unusual and unique things. And I dislike being "one of the many"... anyway, you get my point.

- Lynn chat, Lynn players, "Familynn"™

If I could, I'd just change her excessively high pitched voice and some noises, typical of a 3yo, she makes when carrying around heavy objects. Also, I'd delete the pole dance, or at least make it possible to bind it to a different key, so that I can choose the dance I wanna use.

TL;DR: Original char with a cool weapon and a cool community.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    I started playing Lynn because she was such a challenge. At first, I couldn't figure out her weird hit boxes and dodge but i really like her fighting style and weapon. Once I gained some proficiency, she became so much fun. She has great range and can switch between attack and defending seamlessly. I rarely take hits in most runs and still deal a great deal of damage.Plus, she's so adorable ^_^.
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Her just frames. I always thought that farming on Fiona was boring and I thought Lynn just frames could keep me awake while farming via blue marks. Worked a bit too well and I plain don't farm anymore because of how annoying it is to farm on her.
  • DunathianaDunathiana
    Vindictus Rep: 440
    I started playing lynn because cuteness and the glaive.
    IT was and is an very interesting fighting style for me and at first it was really difficult for me to finish solo raids like black belly. I hated him so much when i was trying to beat him. Now lynn is a very enjoyable char to play. Also the lynn chat is very talkative I like that very much and have fun talking to all you other lynns.

If I need something different rom lynn i take my very first character Lann to make some #1 or #1 dmg in raids (sword style)

Greeting
  • GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    Play lynn for best dressup simulator lol. But truth be told she's quite fun (but still trying to get a weapon on her) and different compared to many other melee based chars
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    Lynn best girl (':
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited May 9, 2017
    .Multiple variable SP skills that has all their very own use :
    - Gathering golden SA's via Long Arm Devil.
    - Safely popping all SA via. Iron Flag.
    - Switching normal SA for golden SA via. Divine Spear, which helps at making up for your few mistakes.
    - Chambers of Death/Flying Snow for damage. (also popping up SA with FS)
    - Jade Fox, enough said.
    - Holding skill, whatever the ridiculous name is.

.Unique dodge mechanics in my opinion :
    - A simple dodge like Thunderleg
    - But also a good 'off-counter' one such as Little Rat.

.Reminds me of old Scythe Evie, which I now main since 4 years+
    This is the kind of character I actually like a lot. Not really a fan of non-SP variable chars such as Delia or Sw.Vella.
  • john10john10
    Vindictus Rep: 2,755
    c-c-c-combo breaker
    SaintGuinness
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    I love to play glass cannon characters. In that regards Lynn is 2nd only to Karok.

Once I started to play Lynn the 'popping 10 stacks' feeling is pretty satisfying. I like saving all my energy for one boom/bloom.