[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Do We Get Drops Automatically?

WyldstormWyldstorm
Vindictus Rep: 1,230
edited November 11, 2017 in New Recruits
I've been here long enough i should know this but im still hearing 2 different answers. Do we get everything that drops at the end of the quest, even if its not from the boss? (that includes basically everything that hits the ground). Or do we just get what drops from the boss automatically & we have to p/u the rest? Or is there a 3rd option?...

TI7VqfC.jpg

Comments

• DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Boss drops at the end are automatically picked up
    If you kill a regular mob around the boss that drops superior leather for example it will not be automatically picked up
    Order5Sylarius
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    A while back Nexon implemented a system that would auto loot drops on the ground from mobs, however that system completely depends on time and not whether you finish the battle or not, for example say you have been dead on the ground for 10 mins or so and there are mob drops you on the ground those drops will be looted automatically (takes a very long time though). However if you don't stay in a given area sufficiently long the game will not auto loot mob drops for you and only boss drops will be received at the end.
    Order5Sylarius
  • 7thRonin7thRonin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    ^ both replies are correct however any mid-bosses that spawn and drop loot must be picked up and will not auto-loot. I'd suggest getting a gremlin or one of the new fairies that picks up loot for you. If you're lucky you can find them on the MP and not have to spend NX on it.
    DownIoad
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited April 6, 2017
    7thRonin wrote: »
    ^ both replies are correct however any mid-bosses that spawn and drop loot must be picked up and will not auto-loot. I'd suggest getting a gremlin or one of the new fairies that picks up loot for you. If you're lucky you can find them on the MP and not have to spend NX on it.

In elaboration, only the sailor gremlin if there's still any airtights left. Since that gatcha is over now, no one can grab anymore. It's also not confirmed whether or not NX shop pets are giftable.

EDIT: Grems can gather at level 1, while succubus pets have to be level 10 to gather.
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    edited November 11, 2017
    AimAndKill wrote: »
    A while back Nexon implemented a system that would auto loot drops on the ground from mobs, however that system completely depends on time and not whether you finish the battle or not, for example say you have been dead on the ground for 10 mins or so and there are mob drops you on the ground those drops will be looted automatically (takes a very long time though). However if you don't stay in a given area sufficiently long the game will not auto loot mob drops for you and only boss drops will be received at the end.

That explains what happened the other day. I was dead waiting for a Gf & every minute or so chat would say my character just got like Fine Leather or something, lol, ok that explains it. Thx Aim

TI7VqfC.jpgg
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    edited November 11, 2017
    Wow, i learned alot from this post, thank you all for your responses, i r smarter now! xD :D

TI7VqfC.jpg
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    i just want to add, in season 2 story runs (and maybe season 3?), if the host does the forfeit thing after the boss is dead (to exit back to town quicker), the rest of the party will often not get their loot/exp/ap +mad
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    7thRonin wrote: »

it's inconsistent what counts as a mid boss though. usually any bosses on the same map as the final one (e.g. everything in blood prince, unveiling truth) will also be auto looted. but then there's the exception of the wood elf boss on the same map as callidus...yeah idk
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    As Download and AimAndKill said, there are two forms of auto-loot.

1) Upon finishing the mission, you will get the drops of all main objective bosses automatically. Normally this will just be one, but some missions like Two Moons have two bosses, or Season 2 and Season 3 areas which typically have more than two.

2) Waiting 5-10 minutes, will auto-loot any items in your current area that are on the ground. This includes loot-able evil cores, mined ores that haven't been picked up, ergs, spirit remnants, and magic powder. Gold coins, luminary trees, raw ore deposits, and erg pots are not auto-looted.
    Sylarius
  • RyoukaiRyoukai
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    BabyDani wrote: »
    i just want to add, in season 2 story runs (and maybe season 3?), if the host does the forfeit thing after the boss is dead (to exit back to town quicker), the rest of the party will often not get their loot/exp/ap +mad

This happens in all three seasons, but only when the party has been made in quick battle. Boats made normally will not act this way.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Wyldstorm wrote: »
    AimAndKill wrote: »

That explains what happened the other day. I was dead waiting for a Gf & every minute or so chat would say my character just got like Fine Leather or something, lol, ok that explains it. Thx Aim

Wyldstorm%20Sig-1A_zpswsbblklw.jpg

Your welcome :) also absolutely stay away from quick battle when it comes to S2 none story dungeon (none raid) runs because the only way to obtain loot on those runs is to end battle and in QB other party members won't be alerted when host receives loot and as such they wont receive their AP/EXP/loot if they don't end the battle manually themselves before the host returns to town.
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    [quote=Your welcome :) also absolutely stay away from quick battle when it comes to S2 none story dungeon (none raid) runs because the only way to obtain loot on those runs is to end battle and in QB other party members won't be alerted when host receives loot and as such they wont receive their AP/EXP/loot if they don't end the battle manually themselves before the host returns to town.[/quote]

Thx for the advice AimAndKill, i appreciate all the help and all the....well almost all the advice i can get...vqlcIiX.gif

TI7VqfC.jpg