[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hop Blink

OniiChanOniiChan
Vindictus Rep: 610
edited March 31, 2017 in Evie
Coming back from like....whenever S2 was released.

Can I get an option to enable/disable hop-blinks again lol

Comments

• SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Why would you ever want that outdated dodge mechanic back.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Short answer: no

The Evie revamp at the start of Season 3 changed hop-blink into a flat double-blink. With that said, you'll still be hopping around until you actually train blink at level 30 (the level requirement might have been changed with last week's update).
    2edgy4u
  • OniiChanOniiChan
    Sekaiiz wrote: »

So I can 0-stamina, hopcancel my animations again.
    I don't mind the double blink. A Hop, blink, blink would be perfect.
    2edgy4u
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    edited April 3, 2017
    OniiChan wrote: »

Given how fast-paced vindi has become, having that hop first rather than an instant blink only gimps scythe. Snap animation is so fast that you dont need to hop cancel it anymore.
  • OniiChanOniiChan
    edited April 4, 2017
    OniiChan wrote: »

Given how fast-paced vindi has become, having that hop first rather than an instant blink only gimps scythe. Snap animation is so fast that you dont need to hop cancel it anymore.

You can use the hop for smashes and enhances too. Helps start the stamina recovery faster and doesn't pause the recovery either. Probably other things I'm not thinking of too.
  • neonBarnacleneonBarnacle
    Hopping now interrupts stam regen for staff. Trust me, you're better off without it.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Smashes and enhances are also fast enough that you don't need to hop to cancel. Stam recovery is not an issue anymore when you can have 100% uptime on IR, as well as LRRR to recover. Also, if you were to add back in hop, you wouldn't be able to to Blink-Normal-Blink cancel.

Scythe revamp fixed a lot of the need to animation cancel. Adding hop would only make scythe more clunky. You need instant blink to be on par with other characters.
  • OniiChanOniiChan
    Smashes and enhances are also fast enough that you don't need to hop to cancel. Stam recovery is not an issue anymore when you can have 100% uptime on IR, as well as LRRR to recover. Also, if you were to add back in hop, you wouldn't be able to to Blink-Normal-Blink cancel.

Scythe revamp fixed a lot of the need to animation cancel. Adding hop would only make scythe more clunky. You need instant blink to be on par with other characters.

Oh I see. Couple questions though: What's the Blink-Normal-Blink cancel? I've seen it a lot, but wondered what the purpose was. Also how much stamina are you getting back through LRRR? Not at home to check right now.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Blink-Normal-Blink is basically a more consistent dodge, but you give up the longer iframes of double blink. You can essentially Blink-Normal-Blink-Normal until you run out of stamina. It's a great mobility tool since you use 1st blink amount of stamina each time.

LRRR/Dodge RRR restores 80 stam.