[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What do you think will happen to the fishing event

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
in General Discussion
Poll
  1. What do you think will happen to the fishing event?61 votes
    1. It's not coming back
       75% (46 votes)
    2. It should be back next week (Wed 5th maint?) but won't be extended past the 12th end date
       13% (8 votes)
    3. It is coming back, event time will be extended for time lost, and compensation
       11% (7 votes)

Comments

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    they lost the instructions on how to put it back into the game. so its gone forever now
    LoLoBootyBloodAngel
  • AxteriaAxteria
    Vindictus Rep: 715
    it's not coming back. They're probably going to apologize then have a 2x raid and extra core event to make up for it
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    Based on bitter experience from other MMOs ....

It's not coming back. I doubt there'll even be another apology. It'll just be quietly forgotten.
    BloodAngel
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Never coming back. Fishing events were not that great anyway, considering that 99% of the time, you get junk loot.

If by some miracle it does, then I will be surprised.
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    I would guess they won't fix it, the event will end, they will ignore any references to it, wait until next year, try to bring it back, have a panic attack...
    Anthonytonyboy
  • DarickNguyenDarickNguyen
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Cuz they're not Kaas, Belsazar and Dew (EU GMs), so it will be closed forever.
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    I bet they won't even bring it up ever again. Just sweep it under the rug.

It was the only actual incentive to play out of the last few events.
    BloodAngel
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Agree, that it's lost in the memory hole now.

Sure, the fishing event wasn't all that great, boring even, but I so wanted that Black/Yellow Shirt :'(
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I don't have much hope considering that no one has responded to the repeated requests for an update. It can't be that difficult to fix a few issues.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I hold out hope it will come back, but in my experience vindi hasn't had player compensation for sooooo long.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    The fact that they are desperately avoiding any mention of it at all pretty much says they are trying to sweep it under the rug.

I was looking forward to get the element stone mats from the fishing event since it is insanely hard to get them normally (count the number of hours of farming it takes to make one level 90 stone...ewwww).
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    They fixed the fishing exploit, but didn't bring back the fishing event. a0KnRQn.png

• HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    Soj wrote: »

only actual incentive to afk on a boat

I don't even understand why people are bringing this up still. the events they gave us in place of the fishing event are so much more engaging
  • lordofrangerlordofranger
    Vindictus Rep: 1,130
    edited April 13, 2017
    Herucross wrote: »
    Soj wrote: »

only actual incentive to afk on a boat

I don't even understand why people are bringing this up still. the events they gave us in place of the fishing event are so much more engaging

at the least, update us on the situation. they could even tell us if it wont come back. dont fricken ignore the issue and leave the community in the dark for 3 weeks

i also wanted the dumb bumble bee shirt even if it wasnt dyeable
    BloodAngelTetsujin
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    edited April 13, 2017
    Herucross wrote: »

They didn't give us anything in "in place" of the fishing event.

The rabbit event was always intended to start this week after the fishing event was supposed to end on the 12th. The only other event was the one where they screwed-up our damage numbers for 1 week. a0KnRQn.png

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Event isn't coming back. I was looking forward to getting the Bumble Bee Helm and Shirt, but alas. Though, to be honest, Fishing Events aren't that great anymore.