[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

shorter s3 battles

AxteriaAxteria
Vindictus Rep: 715
in General Discussion
I like the idea of it, but what I want to know is why they did it in such a bad way. You have shorter battles like deciduous forest, that's good, but then you remove the luminous tree and mining veins. Why? It wouldn't have hurt to keep them.
Callisthene

Comments

• BlissKnightBlissKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    It only affects the story ones and it's to prevent abuse.
  • AxteriaAxteria
    what abuse exactly? Farming? That's what this game is based on
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185

I feel like this is not the reason, why? Because of maps like twilight desert where you can farm orbs all day long with a wooden weapon and /leave whilst never having to attack one enemy.
  • AxteriaAxteria
    DownIoad wrote: »

I feel like this is not the reason, why? Because of maps like twilight desert where you can farm orbs all day long with a wooden weapon and /leave whilst never having to attack one enemy.

EXACTLY!!

they could've shortened it, but at least leave the mine veins and luminous trees alone. I mean it doesn't even make sense to remove them
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    to be fair, you can still farm pots in A moment's notice.

only problem with story battles god veins is how DIRT EASY it is to farm as an X gun kai. Spam perf = DED elves. Rinse and repeat. Any skilled kai could do this with just their weapon at +10 80, mainly armageddon.

If the areas been shortened, then the farming runs for glowing plant would have been faster overall at the cost of 1 god vein and 1 lum.

add vic steps level 5 to the mix and you would get a super fast farming session that takes as little as 30 seconds per session at summoning remnant disregarding loading times.
  • AxteriaAxteria
    but that still doesn't explain why they got rid of it. Using your logic, then they should cut out the first part of TD because it takes 20 seconds to farm those trees, and repeat
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited March 31, 2017
    Axteria wrote: »
    but that still doesn't explain why they got rid of it. Using your logic, then they should cut out the first part of TD because it takes 20 seconds to farm those trees, and repeat

Except TD is a FULL battle, not a story variant battle. That's the main difference. Plus, you don't fight the mobs when it comes to farming TD area A's luminaries with the given route in the orb farming guide provided by the community.

Luminaries can't be auto collected from a cash pet whereas using a gnoll pet to mine the veins for you would make your mining progress easier than those who just use mine bombs.

The main issue is that one weapon type has an unfair advantage with a certain skill when it comes to farming story battles. Essentially, Farming glowing plant would have two veins that drop 0-5 god ores a piece, where the average is about 0-6 ores a run. This, along with two lums giving you either a regular orb, paradise orb, useless fruit, or it ends up giving a salty flower. Then you have the dead body count to even get up there where each one can drop a heaven leather or god cloth to boot. A level 75 X gun Kai that is able to enter glowing plant can easily get rich as opposed to any other class considering of the one skill I mentioned earlier... Perforate. It instantly kills any mob other than big type mobs (in this case a wood bear, but you only encounter that a total of 4-6 times), enchanted mobs, and bosses. yes, a +10 80 would get the run done faster, but a +10 70 enchanted with decisive and valor scrolls can also do the same job with the right preparation and patience.

Unless there is official developer commentary regarding this problem, this will be my main theory as to why it was removed.

EDIT: Dullahan gear also takes the same composite materials (heaven leather, god cloth/ore, orb, paradise orb) to upgrade/replace their materials.
  • AxteriaAxteria
    ok as i was saying, using your logic, then they should cut out the first part of TD because it takes 20 seconds to farm those trees, and repeat. Your main point is that people will abuse the system, when the who point of this game is to farm.
    Callisthene