[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Enhancement Changes

PrototypemindPrototypemind
Vindictus Rep: 8,530
edited March 28, 2017 in General Discussion
So I haven't tried any 80/90 gear yet since there's none that I need to enhance, but apparently at least up to 60 gear the item only resets to one when failing an attempt at +8. Below that the item only decreases by one level, and +8 onward is where elixirs are needed for the first time now. I'm really surprised that they didn't put this change in the notes in more detail. A very nice improvement to the enhancement system.

Anyone else able to confirm this and up to what level it's true for?
Wilko

Comments

• misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    My friend failed a +8 -> +9 enhancement on champion boots (level 70) and it reset back to 0 o: I don't know about level 80 stuff though.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    From Vindi Manual

f76c322d57.png
    PrototypemindDelterosMastaGewelliriousPixelPantsuDownIoadLoLoBootyErtxz18SlothPrincess
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    edited March 28, 2017
    Shippuu coming through where the patch notes don't +haha Still can't believe Nexon Global treats its content creators so poorly compared to KR.
    DAOWAce
  • TheAngryBadgerTheAngryBadger
    Vindictus Rep: 580
    tbh really this sort of thing shouldve been in the game since day 1, and not just for gear up to level 60 at this point. This is the only game ive seen where the enhancement/enchanting is so punishing and insignificant until much higher levels. The whole idea is just based on luck, not just partly or some.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Even with the change it's pretty annoying. I was trying to blow up a level 60 weap to get the mats from it and I simply couldn't get it to +8 to save my life. Considering that we get free gear up to 80 for characters and that anything below level 90 is close to or actually worthless in the coming content the revamp should have gone a bit further IMO. Still, much better than it was, and I agree that it should have been so from the start.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Taonu spears lvl 57:
    april_fools.png
    (there was also 3->3 enhancement failed and in the end dura is 47 not even one full reset)
    Hurricane622