[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How do you enchant?

ilkeysilkeys
Vindictus Rep: 300
edited March 26, 2017 in General Discussion
I can't get any enchants to work. Fails every time. I use 90-95 brynns. Am I doing it wrong?

Comments

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    nah you're doing it right, it's just the chance of succeeding in this game is awful
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    Welcome to the world of RNG... Welcome to the world of Vindictus... Try hard, then get shafted in the end. Rinse, repeat...
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Yeah depending on the rank of the enchant scroll you use it has a varied percent chance it works depending on what brynn you hit. Rank 7's will be around 35% chance to pass with that brynn level so as you can see it is quite low and not a great chance to pass it. Enchants are strong for a reason, you gotta be able to give up a lot to get a lot.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    There is no right or wrong way to enchant. I typically use the 50 and 100 Brynn from the Vindicator Boxes. Saves me gold from having to purchase Elixirs when Enchantment overflows.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    For everything that I try, 94ish BR is about the minimum I'll go with, meaning 38% stick chance min on the R7s, 48% on the R8-9s, and similar values for the Rank As and below. Every little bit helps, and as most of the scrolls aren't that cheap, and the more expensive ones are often worth using runes with, redoing the elixir is a big help. That said, as others mentioned RNG is RNG--sort of, since Vindi is suspect when it comes to that--and even getting close to perfect pours doesn't guarantee anything. Remember that perfect pours still mean a 60% chance of failure on R7 scrolls, and only 50/50 for R8-9s.

Lastly, DevCat has never answered as to if there may be a glitch when getting 100 BR through pours not made with 100 BR elixirs, or multiples of 50s/20s until full. There are people who have said that they failed 100 BR tries with Passion, etc., that should be a guaranteed stick at that level. There aren't any pics of this--which isn't surprising as who's going to expect a perfect pour to fail--and as elixirs aren't free and there's no way to consistently hit 100 BR with a mix of elixirs no one can really experiment to prove it.

TL;DR enchanting is RNG-based, the RNG is iffy, and +pain is your constant companion when you Vindi.
    PixelPantsu
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    I usually scroll with my feet, im scroll cappred, so I can say its a tested method to increase success rate
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    edited March 30, 2017
    Oops! this isnt enhance
  • QuanQQuanQ
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    I usually go for Brynn below 90, and odd number.
    1 or 2 % success rate doesnt really help in my opinion,
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    i go to the forge if ferghus says come in come in 3 times ill circle colhen 5 times and check the forge if he says come in come in again enchant :|

Ferghus can enchant now? Jeez he really does want to be the one to destroy our gear :/