[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Would like advice on gearing direction (Scythe)

SuskelSuskel
Vindictus Rep: 510
edited March 26, 2017 in Evie
I'm a returning player of two weeks now and was hoping for advice on where to take my gear. I was lucky enough to yolo and +15 my scythe and I was hoping to optimize at 90 bal, 130/140 crit, and stacking attack speed after that. I run a 3/3 mixed set of Lugh and Braha equipment.

Currently my stats are :
M.ATT: 28218 (27218 without Tour of Duty and Marvelous Brooch)
DEF: 13296
CRIT: 116 (114 without Super Week Epaulet)
BAL: 81
ATT SPD: 61

Currently Equipped:
+15 Righteous Valor Braha Scythe
Enlightened/Enthusiastic Helm
Temporal/Stigma Chest

Unenchanted Legs/Boots/Gloves
Significant/Berserker Earrings of Temptation
Sage's Fomorian Book (+2 Crit Inf)
Subdued Healthy Amethyst Belt
Marvelous Brooch (6 days left)
Unenchanted Crescent Moonlight Ring x2
No Necklace
Full Special Outfitter (+2 Bal)

I would like to increase my overall DPS that assumes I'm landing all of my smashes and sticking to the boss and not dying. I do not know what the biggest increase to my damage is from here. Could it be putting Judgment on my Scythe? Enlightened on the Pants? Enthusiastic? I believe I should perhaps get a White Kitty Brooch right now before the temporary Brooch disappears.

I assume that the order of gear improvement would be: White Kitty Brooch -> Enlightened -> Judgment -> Enthusiastic -> Reinforced x2 -> Echoing x2 -> Innocent Cry -> The Dead Rings -> Fast enchants as I cap Balance -> White Kitty Necklace -> Infusions/ETC

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am on West if you would like to inspect me ingame.

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited March 26, 2017
    Nah, get the armor scrolls before, the overall increase is much better than anything else. Then The Dead X2, and then the order doesn't really matter, except infusions at last indeed.

Clear every Einrach battles at least Silver/no pots too to get 1 Crit and 3 Balance. (as well as multiple other titles that will increase your M.ATT)
    About the brooch, just stick to a Ruler's one for the moment and you'll get a Blue/White when the times come, but first of all, armor scrolls, one of the most important aspect of any gear anyway.

Judgement idk, stick to Valor for now. I was about to say you could keep Valor for another Fast, but you'll mostly go from Signi -> Fast = 4ATS (since Signi already gives one)
    Judgement also gives 4ATS, and doesn't lose 8 Balance so... maybe Judgement is actually a good way to go, but it should still come "last" for now.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited March 26, 2017
    I'd wait on the Judgement until much later. You actually don't even need it to hit the 140 crit cap without much in the way of infusions. May also want to considering going Immoral at the end since 6 additional crit there with a rescroll may be less expensive than buying up all the +2 crit accessories you'd need to make up the difference. There are a lot of variables that play into whether or not keeping R/V is the way to go, but you aren't really going to notice 4 less atk speed, assuming that's the only place that you cut it from.

For the accessories, there's no point in buying them at the start if you're planning to stick the scrolls yourself and not doing it until the end. The money spent on the Brooch/Cry/Necklace should all go to scrolls or already scrolled gear if you find good deals, which you can since some players are going on break until 95 hits. With the gear you have now you can farm all content but Neamhaim, and even that you can do with a good group, though you should get your BAL up first.

Run the content you can, sell your drops, and buy pre-enchanted if getting geared out relatively quickly is your plan. Double enchanted boots/gloves are going for 150-200m for the most part; again, sometimes even less if you watch for deals with players needing to move items. Enchanted accessories aren't that much either relatively speaking, and even unenchanted the new belt isn't bad since you get 2 bal off the rip and you can find some with +2 bal/crit infusions for not a bad price.

http://vindictus.gamedot.org/

The site is still being fully translated, but it has all the way up through the new R6 scrolls available if you'd like to mess around there. The new 90 rings have native +1 bal and give +1 crit with the set bonus; not sure if it will be like the Ghostly Ring where it goes with the belt/weap to get it or what since I haven't played with them.

Long-story short, it depends on how long you're planning on all this taking . If I had your gear and were wanting what you want, I'd go the farm -> sell -> buy pre-enchanted/infused route. It will save you a lot of headaches and cost you a lot less in the end. I enchanted my gear myself, but I did most of it during the summer when we had the scroll shop and fast S1/S2 farming made for easy buys. I also used the free Exquisite Enchant Runes, bought others cheap, and in a lot of cases just got lucky; I had somewhere around a 55-60% success rate on the R7s that I stuck without the Exquisites.
  • SuskelSuskel
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Nah, get the armor scrolls before, the overall increase is much better than anything else. Then The Dead X2, and then the order doesn't really matter, except infusions at last indeed.

Clear every Einrach battles at least Silver/no pots too to get 1 Crit and 3 Balance. (as well as multiple other titles that will increase your M.ATT)
    About the brooch, just stick to a Ruler's one for the moment and you'll get a Blue/White when the times come, but first of all, armor scrolls, one of the most important aspect of any gear anyway.

Judgement idk, stick to Valor for now. I was about to say you could keep Valor for another Fast, but you'll mostly go from Signi -> Fast = 4ATS (since Signi already gives one)
    Judgement also gives 4ATS, and doesn't lose 8 Balance so... maybe Judgement is actually a good way to go, but it should still come "last" for now.

Thanks! So I guess my accessories will remain untouched for a while. Maybe in the event that I get a White Kitty Brooch myself I'll just sell it if I haven't finished my equipment.

I also didn't know that the Einrach battles gave stats at Silver. Are you sure it isn't Gold? I haven't touched Einrach at all to be honest. Is there a place on the internet that I could find what stats Neam and Einrach give? I couldn't seem to find anything, but maybe I just didn't look up the right things.
    I'd wait on the Judgement until much later. You actually don't even need it to hit the 140 crit cap without much in the way of infusions. May also want to considering going Immoral at the end since 6 additional crit there with a rescroll may be less expensive than buying up all the +2 crit accessories you'd need to make up the difference. There are a lot of variables that play into whether or not keeping R/V is the way to go, but you aren't really going to notice 4 less atk speed, assuming that's the only place that you cut it from.

For the accessories, there's no point in buying them at the start if you're planning to stick the scrolls yourself and not doing it until the end. The money spent on the Brooch/Cry/Necklace should all go to scrolls or already scrolled gear if you find good deals, which you can since some players are going on break until 95 hits. With the gear you have now you can farm all content but Neamhaim, and even that you can do with a good group, though you should get your BAL up first.

Run the content you can, sell your drops, and buy pre-enchanted if getting geared out relatively quickly is your plan. Double enchanted boots/gloves are going for 150-200m for the most part; again, sometimes even less if you watch for deals with players needing to move items. Enchanted accessories aren't that much either relatively speaking, and even unenchanted the new belt isn't bad since you get 2 bal off the rip and you can find some with +2 bal/crit infusions for not a bad price.

I was actually told that enchanting gear yourself can be more gold efficient, plus it's easier to find the gear type you want (in my case Braha boots/gloves and Lugh pants). How I've been doing it is enchanting without runes for the first enchant since it would be whatever to blow a clean piece of armor up, and a rune would only be used if it has been enchanted AND restored already. This is theoretical though, I've been lucky with my chest and helm which I never blew up.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited March 27, 2017
    All Einrach is 3 Crit and 5 Balance, but you get 3 Bal and 1 Crit from having all silver/no pots. By going all silvers to all gold, you'd gain 2 more Crit and Balance.

When it comes to Neam :
    5 times : Crit +1
    25 times : HP +1000
    50 times : ATT/M.ATT +500, Crit +1
    75 times : Crit +1, ATT limit release +300
    100 times : ATT/M.ATT +500, Crit +2
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Suskel wrote: »
    I was actually told that enchanting gear yourself can be more gold efficient, plus it's easier to find the gear type you want (in my case Braha boots/gloves and Lugh pants). How I've been doing it is enchanting without runes for the first enchant since it would be whatever to blow a clean piece of armor up, and a rune would only be used if it has been enchanted AND restored already. This is theoretical though, I've been lucky with my chest and helm which I never blew up.

Yes, that is the method I use, but not everyone is fond of it. I yolo the initial scroll on all armor and enchant items in most cases that only have an OJ main. Many of the OJ mains are only 1mil or less right now, so there's no point in using a rune that's worth 30m for that. If I've stuck one enchant then I always use a rune for the next; it's not worth the time it takes to build 20K+ AP to restore a piece of armor IMO most of the time. You are correct that often enchanting yourself, especially if you go the method you mentioned, can come out cheaper. The caveat is that at the time a video was done demonstrating this, the NX:gold ratio was still the 10K:35ish mil that it is now, but a double enchanted piece of armor was going for 250m and up; full OJ E/E helms and pants were going for over 400m in some cases. With the NX:gold ratio still about the same and runes costing about 30m or so, if someone takes say two runes and five scrolls plus an AP restoration to get an item double enchanted then it would have possibly cost less to get the item directly from someone.

You are right that at times doing the work yourself can save you money, but as the massive inflation that hit the game has crept out with a lot of old whales gone and the illegal gold sellers being cracked down on, selling your drops and buying what you want will likely get you your gear faster. You do you, though. As I said, I follow the method you mentioned and yolo the first scroll, use runes after that, and tend to try for my own enchants in most cases since that's what I enjoy. Honestly I've been lucky that it's worked out when it comes to paid for items, as buying them will be the cheaper route for most.