[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Loyalty reward for player's

GORMENTORGORMENTOR
Vindictus Rep: 635
in Suggestions and Feedback
I was wondering that could it be possible to give loyalty reward for player's who have played this game for many years.
I have seen this on another game but its only based on loyalty of spending real money to the game. (not fan of this kinda loyalty)
1. Emblem of years had or played with same account (example played/had account for 1 year get you one year emblem and so on, also make you more easy to be considered as a trustworthy player)
2. Example you play 1 year and you want to buy 50 megaphone's cost 4.900NX so you get discount of something like 600NX and it would be 4.600NX. Play for 5 years you get like 1.500NX discount so it would be 3.400NX. Veteran player's would get discount on all item's in depot but, not too much ofcourse. Let's say you choose to buy with discount as a veteran, you can't trade or sell that item but, you can also choose to pay full price and be able to sell the item or trade it.
3. Luck on getting good item's in battle would increase based on your year's played. Older account get more luck to get item's easier than newer player's.
  1. were these suggestion's good?14 votes
    1. YES, this is nice idea.
       43% (6 votes)
    2. I don't know, maybe some idea's but not all. (please post under what you like what u don't like.
       43% (6 votes)
    3. NO, i don't like this idea at all.
       14% (2 votes)

Comments

• LordAlucardLordAlucard
    Vindictus Rep: 880

1. I think emblems, titles and achievements are useless and stupid time waster so if i would say that this is a good idea i would make me hypocritical.
    2. Discount would be something cool, but this is Nexon they don't know the meaning of discount!
    3. Why not my darling would be so happy, she now plays for 5 years.

Short answer, No, Keep dreaming, Yes.
    GORMENTOR
  • GORMENTORGORMENTOR
    1. I think emblems, titles and achievements are useless and stupid time waster so if i would say that this is a good idea i would make me hypocritical.
    2. Discount would be something cool, but this is Nexon they don't know the meaning of discount!
    3. Why not my darling would be so happy, she now plays for 5 years.

Short answer, No, Keep dreaming, Yes.

Thank you for your answer :)
  • LordAlucardLordAlucard
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    You're welcome, i'm just wondering about the one that voted no. Why?
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    I am curious how you would track player loyalty, saying played for a year is good an all but what counts as playing for a year?

We had an event recently that rewarded players for logging in just about everyday for the past year. There was a month leeway but even with that some players found it unfair with holidays taking away days they played or only being allowed to play during weekends, days off, etc.

Tracking like this does seem to be the best however, but anything more than a year or two would be hard to look back on.

Account creation date isn't a good judge since we have players with accounts older than the game.
    Oldest character creation date isn't great either since players take long breaks (years at a time) or have deleted their first character by now.
    Playtime, again hard to trace back and some players may log in everyday for a few hours and actually play while others might just leave their computer on.

GORMENTOR
  • Controller001Controller001
    Vindictus Rep: 1,920
    I believe EU had something similar for its 2nd or 3rd birthday, people that played since Beta recieved ( i could be mixing them both) Vindictus Sage title + gifts, pinewheel hat, ect.
    Those who played for less got Vindictus veteran + some gifts, and thn theres 1year or less players with Vindictus Newbie.
    I believe players got awarded according to CHARACTER creation time, since i have vindictus veteran on my hurk even if that account was created around same time my main account was (which got Sage title)
    But yes, i think we need better rewards/events for "Sage" players
  • GORMENTORGORMENTOR
    edited March 27, 2017
    Dealer wrote: »
    I am curious how you would track player loyalty, saying played for a year is good an all but what counts as playing for a year?

good point, i mean played as just being online?

We had an event recently that rewarded players for logging in just about everyday for the past year. There was a month leeway but even with that some players found it unfair with holidays taking away days they played or only being allowed to play during weekends, days off, etc.

Tracking like this does seem to be the best however, but anything more than a year or two would be hard to look back on.

Maybe start from past year?

Account creation date isn't a good judge since we have players with accounts older than the game.
    Oldest character creation date isn't great either since players take long breaks (years at a time) or have deleted their first character by now.
    Playtime, again hard to trace back and some players may log in everyday for a few hours and actually play while others might just leave their computer on.

automatic AFK check? like in battle you see it asks u to put /something when ur stuck or dont move. Should stop AFK checking for while when you move like 10 seconds straight.

sorry if i wrote wrong something :(

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    The loyalty event from this year was pretty good. A few more coins would have been nice, but as it rewarded both logging in and NX spent players who put resources into the game one way or another got some nice items.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Think the luck part would result in game-breaking results. As much as I like to get rares left and right, it would hurt the overall balance of the game. Abyss, ein, and the new festival gives us more seals to work with other than the normal 20 seals a day limit from doing raids.

If anything, the AP shop does this just fine to give an extra hand if needed.

Unfortunately, sad to say it's good in concept, but bad in execution since peeps can exploit by going afk. :/
  • DexkillDexkill
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    I play from beta never bought NX so thats not a point. But yearly stat increase would be nice. Like luck increase.
    PixelPantsu