[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Luminaries sometime fail to spawn in Berbhe?

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
Has anyone noticed that for certain Berbhe maps, luminaries will sometimes fail to spawn?

This is very obvious in world of pain, when you get to the underground dungeons, you sometimes do not get one with a luminary tree. When you get to the underground dungeon part, you get two underground areas, and sometimes none of them will have a luminary.

I thought it was limited to world of pain, but i just ran burning vice and got no luminary either. I got the underground dungeon with the morbus/causa, but no 2nd underground with a luminary.

On the other hand battles where the luminary isnt placed in underground dungeons have a 100% chance of it showing up, IIRC it always shows up in battles like shattered will and rescue mission.

This leads me to believe underground dungeons are bugged....

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Hmm, I think you're talking about the RNG room, where the following spawns randomly when you reach a certain room:

5 morbuses that need to be killed + at least 1 causa to move on.

one shiny lum + one erg pot. No enemies spawn

A lever gate with a cutist, two spear goblins and two musket goblins and 1 regular luminary.

Would be nice to show a screen shot to show what "bug" you are talking about.
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    Don't think it's bugged, I think it's just random forspecifically the underground rooms.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Don't think it's bugged, I think it's just random forspecifically the underground rooms.

It's random per run that you do with the rooms I mentioned above determined by RNG.
  • Question2Question2
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    Hmm, I think you're talking about the RNG room, where the following spawns randomly when you reach a certain room:

5 morbuses that need to be killed + at least 1 causa to move on.

one shiny lum + one erg pot. No enemies spawn

A lever gate with a cutist, two spear goblins and two musket goblins and 1 regular luminary.

Would be nice to show a screen shot to show what "bug" you are talking about.

The bug is that sometimes you get no underground rooms with luminaries.

There is no RNG in ben chenner/lochlann and some of the berbhe maps. Only the berbhe maps where luminaries spawn in underground dungeons sometimes bugs out and you get no luminaries at all.

I think the most likely explanation is that devcat screwed up and didnt code the random dungeons properly so sometimes you get no dungeon or you get only dungeons with no luminaries. You should be getting 1 luminary per battle, always, if we are following the standardized format that other berbhe battles have.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    edited March 23, 2017
    o6PY5Ip.jpg

S4Oesdq.jpg

seems to be working fine to me. Did 30 runs of berbhe to make sure that RNG wasn't screwing me over.

Only the morbus room does not have a lum as specified before.

Rescue mission, and a moment's notice has a regular lum for farming there overall, besides the RNG one.
  • Question2Question2
    Burning vice daily :

First underground dungeon was the morbus room : http://i.imgur.com/6tBnU0m.jpg

When we exited, we didnt end up in another underground dungeon but was already near the map exit : http://i.imgur.com/q1Labox.jpg

We didnt get any luminary trees that run.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Statement: The Morbus room does not contain a luminary. You had bad RNG (though it is good for X gun speed running).
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    It's just rng rooms. You can get no lum, reg lum, or shiny. It is perfectly normal to get the room with no lum.
    IkarsuBloodAngel
  • Question2Question2
    Statement: The Morbus room does not contain a luminary. You had bad RNG (though it is good for X gun speed running).

Yes i know the morbus room contains no luminary, my point was that its weird that sometimes you get no luminaries in the entire dungeon, for only SOME dungeons.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Question2 wrote: »

Yes i know the morbus room contains no luminary, my point was that its weird that sometimes you get no luminaries in the entire dungeon, for only SOME dungeons.

well, if you're looking for luminaries, you're better off farming in either TD or Lochlann plains depending on your orb or element stone needs. I cannot stress that enough.

Berbhe battles other than Rescue mission and A Moment's Notice don't have any natural luminaries (only one per of those battles respectively). I farmed it so often that I tend to lose count how many times exactly I did it due to selling god mats like no tomorrow when their demand spiked to the point where it surpassed my supply providence.