[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

200 Channels

ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
Vindictus Rep: 2,260
edited October 29, 2016 in General Discussion
Isn't it a bit excessive and over kill to have 200 channels hanging in a server? I get that people want to have a channel of their own buts it makes the game seems kinda dead if you see 5 people on in Ch 1 in the morning and night.
  1. Do you want less channels96 votes
    1. Yes
       61% (59 votes)
    2. No
       26% (25 votes)
    3. We need even more channels one person gets one for a solo RPG feels
       13% (12 votes)

Comments

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Channel 1 should be the only channel :'3
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Now we need a server merge
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    100 channels seem fine.
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    When S2 was new, my guildmate and I noticed a bug:
    Our towns stopped showing other people. 100% solo RPG.
    Keyword: noticed. It went unnoticed for months.

I think 50 channels would be fine.
  • ShizukaaShizukaa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    I get sent to new channel, it's lonely ;-;
  • IllyaIllya
    Vindictus Rep: 480
    Yeah I think cutting it back to around 20 would be nice. Even on release I thought 200 was ridiculous, and that's probably when we had the most people playing.
    Bl4ckR4v3n
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Having a lot of people in the same channel lags like hell, due to lack of proper multicore support. Having 1 core being maxed out and lagging, while 7 cores idle is painful to look at.
    SpazKat
  • MilioMilio
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    As long as there is enough to still have "Guild Channels" being a thing I 'd enjoy to lower it.
    SpazKat
  • LaosduudeLaosduude
    Vindictus Rep: 3,005
    If they can use those funds to solve a server merge scenario would be great tbh than lowering channel counts
  • KuzmaKuzma
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    Condensing the channels down is just like a band aid, to the problem of the lack of players and the need for a server merge
    Okatsu
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    but all the bots needs to hide from peoples view, so no one complains about bots. /s
    SpazKat
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    No, keep pugs out of my gameplay experience. Thanks.
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Anyone notice when they get kicked from Ein Lacher they are sent to a half channel? What I mean is you see some people of ch 1 and you can't see the others.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    It's hilarious that people ask for less channels whilst I'm just sitting around in my own paradise known as channel 0. :^)
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    we should take the lead from Thailand server go down to 100 from what they had which was 250 after they got PvP which actually reduced lag lol
    Anthonytonyboy
  • LaosduudeLaosduude
    Vindictus Rep: 3,005
    One thing these extra channels have done is give me private time to record video footage
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    less channels wont bring in more people, the game doesnt seem kinda dead it is kinda dead
  • NytsuyaNytsuya
    Vindictus Rep: 2,710
    edited October 31, 2016
    There's 200 ch !? Gee I thought New ch. was the only Ch. I'm always getting sent there... in perpetual loneliness..
    GhengisJohnSpazKat
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    I don't really mind either way. I would rather they just stop sending you to other channels since I'm always being sent to 1-5 .
    That being said, they can probably reduce the amount to 50 or 100 without many players having an issue with it.

Also I want to thank the OP for.making a pretty unbiased poll.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited November 1, 2016
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

I don't really mind either way. I would rather they just stop sending you to other channels since I'm always being sent to 1-5 .
    That being said, they can probably reduce the amount to 50 or 100 without many players having an issue with it.

Also I want to thank the OP for.making a pretty unbiased poll.
    I wouldn't say that, The third poll option seems snide and sarcastic to me, and he frames it by making his case without presenting a counter argument. Because calling something both "excessive" and "overkill" is unbiased and not redundant right?

I wouldn't really object to there being 100 channels for the record, but imo, reducing the number of channels is pointless. There's still exactly the same number of people playing so you'll see the same absence of boats whether you jam everyone into a handful of channels or not. The only difference will be that you'll now be forcing people who lag terribly in crowded town channels to bear with increased lag. People who have been playing the game a long time already know that things are quieter atm than in the past and if your concern is new players the game automatically places them in lower numbered, more populated channels.