[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Please more resolution options.

SappinmahsentrySappinmahsentry
Vindictus Rep: 200
in General Discussion
Seriously, this game is more than 7 years old and still being updated. Why can't we lower the resolution to 640x480 without breaking the entire game? Please fix this.

Comments

• hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    I would like to see better DPI scaling as well as a removal of the 60fps cap, supporting higher refresh rate monitors. The former is plausible, while the latter is unlikely.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Need a better engine first. Can't do the visual stuff ingame wise without an engine update. Alternatively you COULD use Super Resolution that NVidia and AMD both have to make it work but hey....that makes you have to click OFF of the prompts to actually click since the UI is not really scale-able :P
    0010w4140400110
  • 0010w41404001100010w4140400110
    Vindictus Rep: 970
    Seriously, this game is more than 7 years old and still being updated. Why can't we lower the resolution to 640x480 without breaking the entire game? Please fix this.

why cant you buy a better monitor in 2017 please fix that +haha
  • 0010w41404001100010w4140400110
    Vindictus Rep: 970
    Need a better engine first. Can't do the visual stuff ingame wise without an engine update. Alternatively you COULD use Super Resolution that NVidia and AMD both have to make it work but hey....that makes you have to click OFF of the prompts to actually click since the UI is not really scale-able :P

Not a lot of people seem to know how much times it takes to build a game under a new engine and i doubt they will specially now given the games community is much small than it used to be not many play this game for it to be something of importance.
  • SappinmahsentrySappinmahsentry

why cant you buy a better monitor in 2017 please fix that +haha

K
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Lol what kind of potato do you have that you can't run resolution of 640x480?

Maybe you need to get a better computer.
  • SappinmahsentrySappinmahsentry
    JamesGross wrote: »
    Lol what kind of potato do you have that you can't run resolution of 640x480?

Maybe you need to get a better computer.

It's almost like poor people don't exist!
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

Not a lot of people seem to know how much times it takes to build a game under a new engine and i doubt they will specially now given the games community is much small than it used to be not many play this game for it to be something of importance.

I don't think it's more of a know of a "know how" in DevCAT's case. It's more of are they willing to spend the money to put towards a new engine and the development to get everything to either port over or redo a lot of the coding to make it work on the new engine. For all we know they may just make a 2nd Vindictus game if they really wanted to. But with how quickly it is go get through story content and KR's HDD req's shooting to near 40GB on the specs page I doubt they will make a new new second game.
  • mememagicmememagic
    maybe dx12 and vulkan too we are still stuck on dx9
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    The game has to not be CPU bound first :P
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    According to players in EU the game is not CPU bound.
    The game is useless lighting and artifacts bound where the CPU is forced to render useless objects or lighting or other effects in areas of the map that does nothing for how the game looks.

They were able to pull a map out, remove all of these extraneous objects and lighting, and the game would look literally the same but it wouldn't make them drop to 0 fps when trying to render the map anymore.

The way they made it sound it took them all of 15 minutes to do this.

Why Devcat doesn't do this also I don't know.

Someone with the link to that topic should post it again.

===========

So it's not that the game is CPU bound, it's that the developers have a ton of random renders in the game that the CPU needs to calculate which do nothing for the actual graphics of the game. Or do they?

I have experienced no issues running this game with multi-core. Only in some missions that don't allow it will I experience stutters. Against raid bosses I just turn on multi-core and if it crashes I skip the boss or I go play another game.