[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Opinion on, If they re-did Kais revamp

Arrow95Arrow95
Vindictus Rep: 2,515
in Kai
If they Re-did Kais Revamp what would you like to see

Want to hear you guys Opinion
  1. Re Start Kais Revamp see if we can make a better one?27 votes
    1. Hell yes!
       41% (11 votes)
    2. na just get gud
       59% (16 votes)

Comments

• TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655

Make short bow fun for small bosses

• EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815

Bow:
    -Let Hunter's Mark "sparks" or makes prompts if you managed to aim at one of those properly (kinda similar to EEA's prompt).
    I can never tell if i aim the mark or not.
    -EEA becomes obsolete thanks to buff of other skills. Give this more targets to aim, otherwise there's zero incentive to use this move anymore (i guess it's still the to-go move against tiny bosses).
    -Dodge still sucks. He's ranged but let's look at xgun kai.
    -Bow Kai's mobility sucks. I can use double dodge grapple instead but i can't do that in solo.

Xgun:
    -An option to ditch six shooter/perforate instead of getting locked onto those until the ammo ran out. Something like pressing E while locked into those.
  • BlatantBlatant
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    @enigmataro Hitting a hunter mark restores stamina so thats how you can tell if you hit it or not.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    I think they nailed it with both revamps, it's really just shortbow that feels lacking to me. Maybe they could change rapid fire back to volley and increase the sp gain on shortbow normals, and reimpliment that glitch where you could fire sp skills and volley at the same time as an actual feature. Main idea with this is to encourage riskier positioning with shortbow to get more damage out of it.

One thing I was surprised they didn't do with the revamp was giving bow a unique aiming reticle instead of using the red trajectory line the secondary weapons have. I see you guys nailing longbow shots on small bosses even when they're up close but I've just never gotten used to it.
    TheGreatCreidneBLUESTEEL
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Me personaly I wish they did what they did with Spear lanns dodge, Another .30 sec invul added to the dodge would be nice. Right now its just 0.33 secs of invul Also Bow is a pretty slow class need about 50attspeed were he feels smooth.

About Shortbow Additional Damage and Attspeed still doesn't affect Rapid fire, Theres a lot of small stuff they could to make him more fun/skill based

Thing that bothers me When ever you charage Mag shot then you Rico shot sometimes depends on the boss the rico shot aims at the ground, And Mag shot should of been changed like Longbow Rico shot so all the hits land, Most bosses Mag Shot will only hit 1 or 2 hits out of 4 because of the size of them.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Gun kai is perfect. That thing about gettin locked into six shooter/perforate is annoying but its just a minor complaint compared to the numerous positive changes they made to make kai less buggy. Pre revamp gun kai was full of sh!tty bugs that made him frustrating to play. Aside from that gun kai is crazy op. To think he was actually nerfed after the rebalance is insane. He wouldve been even more broken.

Bow kai does need a better dodge and the hit registration on magnum and such need to be fixed. The red line was a complaint at first but now ive grown accustomed to it. Id still prefer a proper reticle. The nerf from rebalance did makr him weaker than gun kai but bow kai is still very much viable. Tweaks to his dodge and hit registration as well as makin shortbow rapid fire more fluid wud be appreciated.
  • AuntJEMIMAAAAuntJEMIMAAA
    Vindictus Rep: 735
    To be honest, bow Kai's dodge is pretty crap but that's what I like about it.... when you go in and solo something hitless with bow, it just feels good ... I think that bow has always been the butt of every joke where all the players play bow Kai but now with the dodge being unbuffed and still subpar ... at least I can say that we have possibly the worst dodge in the game :).... something to brag about if you solo hitless I guess.... then again.... it's Kai so... just kite and you can probably go hitless.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Allow xgun skills to be put back into hot keys like they used to.
  • CalvindicatorCalvindicator
    Vindictus Rep: 830
    Shortbow got the short end of the stick (ba dum tss).

Even at a mediocre skill level, if you can hit at least some of your longbows' shots at the critical points / headshots, you'll be using it for a long time, and when coupled with the Cat Statue, you're never going to actually switch back for more than a few seconds.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited November 29, 2016
    jeddyhi
    jeddyhi said:

Allow xgun skills to be put back into hot keys like they used to.
    You can still be able to do that, except you can only activate hand bombs or bunker buster from there. The others are used to keep track of cooldown timings.

Back to the topic at hand, X gun is a load smoother, but it's really a shame that bow still has its crappy mobility.
    I feel like much of the xgun's mobility is from simply bolt-rolling. After the revamp, they did make it even faster.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Addendum: Make short bow require real aiming. The auto-aim mess is sucky, boring, and it's annoying when enemies are in close.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited December 7, 2016
    Theres a lot they could of done, but one can only hope that there are some changes to Shortbow in the furture.
  • SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Crossgun kai is way better than before, though I still am a bit bored by it after playing it for so long. And yeah not having bolt rolling while perforate or six-shooter is up sucks.

Longbow kai is fun and I'm glad it's viable now, shortbow kai was lame and still is lame. I wish there were more additions but maybe we'll get some eventually. Shortbow needs better autoaim and more skills IMO, or more damage on kicks.
    I'm glad they removed the SP on bow kicks, but nobody really gale kicked to begin with... It doesn't add as much SP and could only be used with shortbows, which people rarely even use to begin with.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Its just nice that Gale doesn't cost sp because in pvp you Gale kick a lot more
    Hmmm speaking of gale kick, I kind of wish there was a bit more prevalence for bow in PvP. It's kinda obvious that it'll be hard to hit us tiny characters.

(not that PvP's very balanced to begin with...)
  • MisterGrinchMisterGrinch
    Vindictus Rep: 900
    edited March 20, 2017
    Bump. They did well to target some Issues in the revamp but they haven't hit them all. Kai can let off his damage better than before but when it comes to solo-raiding or facing smaller bosses it's next to impossible to do damage and do it efficiently

If they re-did the revamp I'd love to see a short bow with better AoE for wave clearing. eg: When kai stacks enough normals, he gets a volley buff that lets him shoot arrows in a spray (cone). There's also that annoying glitch that prevents you from dodging when you proc the rapid fire buff. It really screws me over when using short bow for mobility. (Or maybe this only affects me, who knows)

As for longbow, I'd like to see a Kai that could either let off shots while running or jump around more between longbow strikes. Picture that hop he does after firing "Active: Deadly Arrow"

Thematically he's supposed to be this master archer that pulls off acrobatic attacks that a normal archer could only dream of. If they added in a bit of that highly mobile and acrobatic flare it would aid in game play and in lore.

Outside of this some quality of life changes would really enhance the Kai experience. An actual indication of a successful Hunter's Eye attack or yellow damage numbers upon headshots. Should I even mention the crappy 2nd weapon reticle that he aims with?
    EnigmaTaro
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    it would of been nice if they updated all the old skills for ex. EEA its basicly usless now for my self it felt like an half ass update for kai, theres alot they could of done even for crossgun 2
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited March 22, 2017
    like say when you land a headshot, you get a 10 sec buff, if you get another headshot within that time frame, for like 30 secs or w.e get like stam buff or more crit damage for like 5 secs brings up the skill factor in kai