[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Boat character introduction screen crash

UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
Vindictus Rep: 1,855
in Bug Reporting
I feel really awkward starting a whole new thread cus I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this in particular but, here goes nothing!

I've read in the few other "UI freeze" threads that during the character intro screen on departing (when the camera pans to everyone) the screen sort of gets tinted red? (quality reverts to lowest possible settings and back according to other players)
Whenever I play with certain players, as soon as that quality glitch happens to them, the game either goes into a cycle of "not responding" and "responding" and doesn't stabilise at all OR the game completely crashes.

The quick battle function does sort of help, if they select quick prep and the host clicks start as soon as they can. Then the whole character intro sequence is skipped for the person who joins, however if its more than one person (aka the character screen is longer and they might load onto the boat while it's happening) they crash again :/

Also, yes we tried disabling multi-core function, lowering the quality, internet isn't really an issue either.

Please if anyone has any idea what the problem/solution could be tell me cus kms.

Comments

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    I dont have crash while there is whole introduce my character on boat but it makes my screen freez for a fiew seconds , sometimes even party have time to start while im still in freez , and yes it hapends only while my character is introduced , that issue was posting before merge too seams no one is bother to fix it so people gave up on it aleredy and deal with
  • UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    Madcobra wrote: »
    I dont have crash while there is whole introduce my character on boat but it makes my screen freez for a fiew seconds , sometimes even party have time to start while im still in freez , and yes it hapends only while my character is introduced , that issue was posting before merge too seams no one is bother to fix it so people gave up on it aleredy and deal with

I was hoping one of these recent events/merge would fix it because back on EU I sent a ticket and the reply (that I got 2 months later) was "try turning off multicore function" lol, doesn't help tho :#

It's also sad because I can't go to places like labyrinth or the gauntlets with my friends, no QB so they crash if they go on boat lol fml
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    edited March 21, 2017
    Madcobra wrote: »

I can confirm that I have the same issue, the only way I can bypass it is if I roll on Fiona, Roll/Weave on Karok, Backlash on Vella or Little Rat on Lynn.
    UsagiiiKun
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    I usually hide my character behinde some other one and funny but it helps too
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    Same here. What's funny is that sometimes, it even happens while I'm ALL ALONE. lol (also wish that horrible sound/music would be disabled when "music" is turned off but... SIGH)

What seriously pisses me off is not the bugs themselves, it's Nexon's deaf ears. They don't seem to give a f*ck about some bugs clearly stated and experienced by MANY players. Instead of thinking "hey, maybe there's really a probleme with the game/server/etc" they reply "We're sorry but we didn't detect or have been reported any issue lately."

So obviously, that means the problems come from us.

Okay.... any solution to help us instead of saying completely useless sh*t like:
    -Please use a wired connection
    -Please don't run any other program than the game (the best one rly because their propaganda-Launcher is a freakin' resources-eater but whatever)
    -Please lower your graphics
    -Please, update your drivers to the latest ones
    -and more...

Solutions that aren't REAL solutions and are basically what everyone tries in the first place without their useless help. I am somehow growing more and more tired everyday when I read Nexon's answers to some of my tickets...
    UsagiiiKun
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Yes those tips dont help in this case