[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Can anyone get me up to speed?

GrilleGrille
Vindictus Rep: 510
edited March 18, 2017 in General Discussion
Im an old eu player returning a bit... And i must ask wth happened to the game, Fiona gameplay is so different like wth is with that wierd 2 guards and all the other wierd stuff and XE move q.q i will miss it :(((

Can anyone point me to a coping guide? XD

Also who's still playing from old eu forum crew?

And i hate this new forum, where are the signatures? :(

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Ah, merge happened.

Vindy XE is no more. All servers are based on Vindy Prem client (which NA/KR normally plays).

Fiona has a revamp with small shield where the shield no longer breaks during the midst of a fight. Damage overall has been improved of Fiona and she can rack up big damage with counter hits and charges.

The regular guard can protect you from minor hits, while the heavy guard will protect you from hit that have more force, but be wary that this will cause recoil from protecting against the attack where you can charge back to counter attack. Note that pressing space once will trigger the regular guard, while holding space will trigger the heavy guard.

I think there's some full character guides on their respective threads, so feel free to look around.

Hope these will answer your questions.
    Grille
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Does anyone even use heavy stander now that you can perfect guard everything with small shield?
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    edited March 18, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    Does anyone even use heavy stander now that you can perfect guard everything with small shield?

H.stander is usually used for any attack that can hit multiple times, which will give fiona invulnerability at the cost of some damage on the first hit. There is a mechanic where you can do a stander counter when pressing a directional key at the right time as Fiona gets knocked back.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    There are two big videos for Fiona that can easily be found.
    I still have them both bookmarked.

But basically the best video guide is by Kyrandis.
    He's put a lot of work into his video guides. Check them out.

Welcome back to Fiona revamp. Her gameplay is so different if you are from before her revamp and deflection.
    A well played Fiona can have damage output greater than chainblade Vella against some bosses, matches chainblades against some other bosses, and as usual, performs worse against others (mainly the mobile ones that you have to constantly chase after).

Grille
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Welll.....XE is still around but that's CN Kappa
  • GrilleGrille
    Tnx for linking the vid, it cleared some things i was confused about.
  • DebahrDebahr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,300
    Ikarsu wrote: »

Note that pressing space once will trigger the regular guard, while holding space will trigger the heavy guard.

Holding space just keeps in you in normal guard. Heavy Stander is Space + W if on mouse+keyboard mode. Normal guard also works just fine for most multi-hit attacks.

• IkarsuIkarsu
    edited March 18, 2017
    Debahr wrote: »

Note that pressing space once will trigger the regular guard, while holding space will trigger the heavy guard.

Holding space just keeps in you in normal guard. Heavy Stander is Space + W if on mouse+keyboard mode. Normal guard also works just fine for most multi-hit attacks.

ah, so you are able to hold it down then for the regular guard.

Hmm, thanks for the correction on that. It's been a while since I last played a fifi. :p
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Debahr wrote: »

ah, so you are able to hold it down then for the regular guard.

Hmm, thanks for the correction on that. It's been a while since I last played a fifi. :p

Better to release then hold again before the last hit so you can counter though.
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Hi Grille, haven't seen you in a loooong time. Welp, it is what it is, just have to deal with it. Now catch up to date with sets, weapons and enchant and join us in the Nemain Battles.
    Grille
  • NirynNiryn
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    Sorry for offtopic but there's just something a bit heartwarming about seeing old EU forum regular's names slowly pop up on the post-merge forums here and there. Not everyone of course, but I dunno I feel less lost seeing familiar names posting on the forums. ;_;
    Grille
  • GrilleGrille
    Niryn wrote: »
    Sorry for offtopic but there's just something a bit heartwarming about seeing old EU forum regular's names slowly pop up on the post-merge forums here and there. Not everyone of course, but I dunno I feel less lost seeing familiar names posting on the forums. ;_;

Same, i get a little nostalgia high and a smile on my face every time i see an old name.
  • Rena_RyuguRena_Ryugu
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    good for you that you still enjoy the game)
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Welll.....XE is still around but that's CN Kappa

Not for long https://pvplive.net/c/china-bans-all-new-games-developed-in-south-korea