[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What triggers the akadus double damage phase?

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
edited March 16, 2017 in General Discussion
This happens VERY rarely for me, but sometimes when you knock akadus down during the trap phase, he will stand up, bend over (knocked down animation), wait for a while, stand up, roar, then bend down again with a green aura, and during this time he will take roughly double damage from all attacks. He will stop the trap phase immediately when the green aura is on instead of spamming teleports.

Most of the time, after he gets knocked down by the traps, he will stand up and teleport again, till he dies. He usually never goes into the green double damage phase, and 1000 sp disables do not work when he is knocked down due to traps as he is scripted to teleport again.

Does anyone know what triggers the green double damage phase exactly? Ive only managed to do it like twice when soloing, and he usually never does it when i am duoing it with someone else.

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Back when EU had XE (hp bars), he was starting his trap phase at X8. If you knocked him down and were dealing damage until X6 while he was knocked out, he would teleport again right after he gets back up.
    Same thing every 2 bars. Let's say you would deal damage until X7 f.e., there you can trigger his double damage phase. (the green aura is a specific debuff on Akadus yeah)
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited March 16, 2017
    When he takes a certain amount of damage (around 25,000+), he will spam his teleport over and over again after being knocked down from his own trap. IF you wait it out, his green aura debuff is activated, and you can deal double the usual damage. The normal 3,000 bolt storm bullets per headshot will double to 6,000 damage per bolt and times that by 45 bolts will total to a whopping 270,000 damage. This damage on top of the damage he took previously (around 75,000 damage to trigger the trapping mechanic) will instantly kill him as he normally has 320,000 health in a solo run. ASSUMING of course he doesn't get knocked back.

this will show the debuff in action when you wait it out. Battle begins at 8:20.

Overall, this is by far the biggest overkill I ever done in a solo run. :*
  • 7thRonin7thRonin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    Omg that is too funny. I'm going to get Victorious Footsteps just because of this video :D
  • Question2Question2
    Hmm, it seems weird that you are encouraged to avoid DPSing him when he is knocked down so that the debuff will trigger...
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Question2 wrote: »
    Hmm, it seems weird that you are encouraged to avoid DPSing him when he is knocked down so that the debuff will trigger...

It's faster than to kill him with a buffed headshot bolt storm than to just keep doing damage to him. As stated before, he has to take around 75,000 damage to start the trap, and if he takes 25,000+ damage after being knocked down, he'll just do it again and the process will repeat. It would normally take 3 to 4 cycles of this to down him instead of waiting for one debuff to occur where that 6K storm pelts him down. As long as he doesn't get knocked back (dependent on RNG), he would be able to be instantly killed in the process from the bolt storm instead of prancing around to down him again.

Massive impact is used as an ABSOLUTE fail safe should bolt storm knock him back too many times. Sure I can do the normal DPS cycle of letting him teleport, but at the same time I run the risk of getting myself instantly killed from the falling darts he does at the end of the round about darts should two or more stack on top of each other (although this is rare, but possible). At best I would save at least 5 seconds with the green debuff aura in effect, sometimes more if BS doesn't knock him back at the very least.

Since the attack cap here is 24,000 as opposed to the usual 21,000 attack rating, I'm able to do higher damage with my dual hollows, where a single one of those would trigger the teleport cycle if both blasts crit, which I that is a risk I do not wish to take. 30,000 damage from a dual hollow vs. 135,000 to 270,000 from a bolt storm along with another 155,000 damage from a massive impact (assuming that it crits) to boot would be more than enough to down him. while saving time and avoiding another cycle of traps all together. I'm doing about 4 to 9 times as much damage in the same amount of time as opposed to without the green aura.

Sadly, not many people know about this change to Ben Chenner Trailhead and will just keep doing damage rather than wait for the debuff, thus wasting time.
  • Question2Question2
    Yes i know its faste to wait for the debuff, but it seems counter intuiitive to just do minimal damage to trigger it rather than the other way round (triggering the debuff by doing more damage).

Especially in a party since you need to get everyone to stop dps after knocking him down to trigger it, and you just know that half the time the rest of the party will ignore you and go full dps on him anyway.

Like, imagine if interrupting the lograch charge attack required you to do LESS than 20% of his hp instead of more than 20% of his hp.
  • ISeeFireISeeFire
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    Its good to know another way to fight boss. And I think the characters that can do burst damage at the short time, benefit well with this.

Also in your clip /Ikarsu, at 2min 13s, you can avoid this if you notice the sign on the pillar at 1min 40s. It shows which rope ladder you should pass without falling!
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    edited March 18, 2017
    ISeeFire wrote: »
    Its good to know another way to fight boss. And I think the characters that can do burst damage at the short time, benefit well with this.

Also in your clip /Ikarsu, at 2min 13s, you can avoid this if you notice the sign on the pillar at 1min 40s. It shows which rope ladder you should pass without falling!

I fell down on purpose because it would take longer to choose the correct path (on the left side) and killing all the enemies by about 10 seconds.
    To speed though BCT, you choose the right bridge even if you fall down as the left would take you longer to kill the wave of enemies and risk getting arrows in the process.

Though, thanks for the input on that.