[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What happened to Vindictus Origins?

euphoriazephyreuphoriazephyr
Vindictus Rep: 550
in General Discussion
Anybody know? I can't find it anywhere =/

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Can You elaborate? I am unsure what You meant.
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Can You elaborate? I am unsure what You meant.

MochiSweeteuphoriazephyrGrille
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited March 17, 2017
    first time seeing this, some kind of anime series?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    That person probably quit. Reminds me of that Vindictus Clockwork thing. Got 2 teasers and one episode and that was it :P
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Wasn't that something made for one of the forum contests?
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    ROFLLLL

As far as I remember, it wasn't made for a contest. Epic simply liked making random vindi videos. The point of Origins was for him to create backstories for each of the characters. And no, he hasn't officially quit, he randomly makes an appearance here and there.

On his behalf, there won't be any further developments in regards to that video.
  • euphoriazephyreuphoriazephyr
    Vindictus Rep: 550
    ROFLLLL

As far as I remember, it wasn't made for a contest. Epic simply liked making random vindi videos. The point of Origins was for him to create backstories for each of the characters. And no, he hasn't officially quit, he randomly makes an appearance here and there.

On his behalf, there won't be any further developments in regards to that video.

If you know him, can you tell me what happened to the series? I know that back when I was a lot more active in this game, I was really excited for it to be released but it never came as my interest in the game dwindled.
  • TheFinalEpicTheFinalEpic
    Vindictus Rep: 1,340
    ROFLLLL

If you know him, can you tell me what happened to the series? I know that back when I was a lot more active in this game, I was really excited for it to be released but it never came as my interest in the game dwindled.

Hello. To answer your question I had the general outline of the entire series's plot written down. I almost finished writing the first episode of the series where I ran in 2 issues.
    The first was that the script was too long and I would have to had divide the first episode in 4 different part. I estimated that each part would be 10 -15 min episode 1 alone would be 1 hour longl (which is basically like half movie) when I intended for each episode to be only 5-10 min each. Making one part of episode 1 would have taken a lot of editing and voice acting. The second was how limited Vindictus's camera was. I needed a free form camera to tell the story and show the fights effectively. I attempted to record some of the scenes as a trial run and it was extremely hard to get the right angles for all the scenes that I wanted. It would have had to be narrated with everybody's actions.

This was compounded by how Vindictus was already losing me and I was sucked into other games like League of Legends, Overwatch, Black Desert, and Guild Wars 2 and I lost motivation to make Vindictus Origin.

I'll give you the script of Part 1 and 2 for Episode 1. It was written 4 years ago when I was 17 so its not that super great.

I hope you enjoy it and thank you for your interest in it. Sorry I couldn't deliver on my promise.

sbslRs7.png

To give context this is the theme song of Episode 1.

“MEI MEMENTO”
    written by
    Leon “TheFinalEpic” Tran
    Jennifer “JustSmile” Grace
    Ashley “MsFullNight” Wheeler

PART 1
    A dream state. A black blank screen with Kai speaking to an unknown voice. The unknown voice is speaking through text. yume.ogg plays.
    UNKNOWN
    … that reminds me.
    KAI
    You again? Who are you?
    UNKNOWN
    … you’ll find out soon enough.
    but more importantly…today’s is a very important day for both of us.
    KAI
    What happens today?
    UNKNOWN
    Today’s the day where you’re awakened.
    KAI
    I’m awakened? What are you-
    UNKNOWN
    Do you remember your true name?
    KAI
    My true name?
    UNKNOWN
    Yes.
    KAI
    My… true name… is…
    Static occurs with imageries.

UNKNOWN
    You are ready.
    KAI
    Ready for what?
    UNKNOWN
    You’ve been asleep for a long time. You were nothing but now you will be a pawn of fate.
    Today is the day where the stories begin. You are the inception.
    KAI
    I must be losing it…
    UNKNOWN
    No you’re not going crazy. But today is the day you..
    Screen fades to white.
    UNKNOWN
    WAKE UP!
    Sky’s voice fades in.
    AIDEN
    Wake up!
    INT. MALINA INN. Kai suddenly jumps up from his bed. bgm_morvan.mp3 plays.
    AIDEN
    Wake up Kai! We’re going to be late.
    (Pounding on the door)
    KAI
    I’m up. I’m up! Stop pounding on the door.
    (Kai grudgingly gets up and goes to put on his robes.)

EXT. MALINA. Kai steps out of the Inn. He sees Aiden waiting outside. Kai and Aiden both starts to walk down stairs.
    AIDEN
    Boss says we got a big job today.
    KAI
    He did? What’s the job?
    AIDEN
    He didn’t say. Just said to bring you to the castle.
    KAI
    Huh…
    They walk toward Lena.
    AIDEN
    What is it?
    KAI
    Nothing.
    LENA.
    It’ll be 10K for the night Kai.
    KAI
    Here.
    Kai hands Lena the money.
    LENA
    Thank you very much. Have a nice day Kai.
    KAI
    You too

Kai starts to walk away. But Aiden stays.
    AIDEN
    You know Lena. I’m free tonight. After you get off work we could go to my place and-
    LENA
    Aiden, I’ve said no before, What makes you think I’m going to say yes now?
    AIDEN
    Come on. Don’t you want to wonder what-
    KAI
    Aiden! Stop hitting on Lena and get your ass over here!
    AIDEN
    Ughh…. Fine.
    Aiden runs to Kai and they both walk toward the ferry.
    KAI
    You know she doesn’t like you.
    AIDEN
    Yeah. Because she likes you!
    KAI
    That doesn’t change the fact that she doesn’t like you.
    AIDEN
    God Kai. You’ve changed so much.
    KAI
    What do you mean?
    AIDEN
    What do you mean what do I mean? We used to get girls all the time.
    I mean I would be terrible with all those pickup lines but then you would get them all back. You were a lady magnet back then. Now you’re like…
    KAI
    I’m like what?
    AIDEN
    Like you got no life in you. You’re empty and hollow.
    Silent crossed them and they arrive at the ferry.
    FERRY CAPTAIN
    So where’re we heading boys?
    AIDEN
    Rocheste.
    FERRY CAPTAIN
    That’d be 4k Gold please for 2 tickets.
    Aiden hands him the gold and goes with Kai on the boat.
    EXT. FERRY BOAT. Kai and Aiden sit down. Sea background.mp3 plays.
    KAI
    I’m empty and hollow.
    AIDEN
    I don’t know….You just….You used to have this passion, a fire in your heart and now it’s
    just not there anymore
    There is silence.
    AIDEN
    Sorry… that came out wrong.

KAI
    No you’re right. I don’t know what changed but...you’re right. Every day for the past 3
    years I feel as if I’m not supposed to live in this life. Nothing keeps me going. Empty and hollow that sounds about right.
    AIDEN
    Come to think of it, 3 years ago today is when we assaulted that fomorian base. You fell off that cliff and head first into the ground. You should have died that day, but instead it put you in a coma for a month.
    KAI
    Today is the exact the same day when I fell?
    AIDEN
    Yeah
    Flash of random words appear from dream.
    AIDEN
    Also when you recovered from the coma, you stopped using cross guns and preferred the bow even though you’ve never used the bow once in your life.
    KAI
    I thought I learned the bow from somewhere before.
    AIDEN
    No Kai. I’ve known you since we were kids and you’ve never learned how to use a bow before. And it wasn’t just you randomly picking it up and trying to learn a second weapon besides your cross gun. You just picked it up and used it as a master. You never used a bow before then.
    KAI
    I swear I that learned it somewhere befor-
    Kai seems suddenly in pain.
    KAI
    Ugh..ah...urgh..
    AIDEN
    You ok? What’s wrong?
    Static imageries appear.

KAI
    Just a little headache. It’s fine.
    AIDEN
    You sure?
    KAI
    Yeah
    AIDEN
    In any case we’re almost there. Should be just a few more minutes.
    EXT. ROCHESTE. Bgm_rochest_01.wav plays. The ferry lands on the dock and Kai and Aiden walk out and goes toward the tavern where their boss, Jackson awaits. On the way they see a man yelling at a castle’s mage.
    MAGE
    My Lord there is nothing I can do for the girl. She is dead..
    MAN
    Listen here you fool. Her heart is still beating. There must be something to wake her up. If you don’t find it then I’ll-
    KAI
    What are they arguing about?
    AIDEN
    They’re probably talking about Evie.
    KAI
    Evie? Isn’t she the daughter of a nobleman?
    AIDEN
    Yeah.
    KAI
    What happened to her?
    AIDEN
    She is a prodigal mage, could possible become great witch. A month ago she was dabbling in the art of Alchemy. The experiment she was working on exploded and left her in coma for two weeks. Nobody can wake her up.
    KAI
    Why is the mage saying she’s dead? She’s just in a coma.
    AIDEN
    The mages apparently sensed no soul in her.
    KAI
    No soul.
    AIDEN
    Yep, she’s just a lifeless shell right now. Come on we should get going or we’ll be late.
    INT. ROCHESTE BAR. Aiden and Kai arrived at the bar where their boss, Jackson, was waiting at a table.
    AIDEN
    Hi ya boss. Sorry to keep ya waiting.
    JACKSON
    It’s fine. Sit both of you.
    Kai and Aiden sits down.
    AIDEN
    So what’s the job? You wouldn’t tell me over mail. Just said it’s a big pay out

JACKSON
    This contract is not like any ordinary one. It was requested by a patron that I cannot disclose their identity. They had a stipulation that a specific person accept the contract.
    (Hands contract to Kai)
    KAI
    Who?
    JACKSON
    You Kai.
    KAI
    Me? Why me?
    Aiden angrily stands up.
    AIDEN
    HEY! Why him? That’s bull . Why does it ask specifically for him?
    JACKSON
    Calm down Aiden and let me finish.
    AIDEN
    No, I will not. You told me this was a big job with big pay. You ask me to bring Kai here and I come here and you tell me the job’s only for him. I’m not a messenger boy you hear me?
    KAI
    Aiden calm down. I’ll just take the job and you can help me ok? We’ll just split the money, just like any other contracts. Just look how much it’ll pay
    Kai hands the contract to Aiden. A few seconds of silence occurs as Aiden looks at the contract’s pay.
    AIDEN
    Woh. That is a lot of 0’s
    Aiden calms down and sits down.
    AIDEN
    Alright fine, if it split 50/50 and you do the hard work. I’ll help you. Still don’t know why it’s specifically you.
    JACKSON
    Then let me finish Aiden. This contract’s target is a very special fomorian. It is a succubus.
    KAI
    A succubus?
    JACKSON
    This succubus is in a castle past Ainle. The castle is protected with a power that only allows one person at any given time to enter. People enter this castle to seek out the succubus with the promise of the greatest time of their life before the touch of death.
    AIDEN
    Wait. You mean these people go the succubus willingly?
    JACKSON
    There are those in the world who have given up on life. Some live in poverty, some think the descent of the goddess shall never come, some have nothing left in the world to fight for or live for. Whatever the case, they gave up and ready to accept death. Who wouldn’t want their last moments to be with a beautiful and seductive woman’s embrace?
    KAI
    Wait wouldn’t I die if I enter that castle? She kills people by seducing them and takes their soul.
    JACKSON
    That’s why you are perfect for the job.
    KAI
    What the…
    JACKSON
    Ever since you fell down that cliff 3 years ago, you’ve been immune to all women seduction and allures.
    KAI
    That’s not-
    A silent occurs

KAI
    Ok maybe ever since I fell I wasn’t interested in women but that doesn’t mean I’m immune to a succubus’s charm.
    AIDEN
    Makes you think if you turned gay after that fall.
    KAI
    Shut up Aiden.
    AIDEN
    Hey I’m kidding but seriously, the boss is right. You’re practically immune to all women’s seduction. All the girls in Malina practically love you but you’ve never hinged. You even drank a powerful love potion that someone made and you still didn’t feel anything.
    JACKSON
    You are handpicked for this assignment for a reason. Somebody believed that you were the only one that could kill her and paid a hefty fee for you to do it. Do you accept the contract?
    A short silent. Kai remembers the dream.
    UNKNOWN
    Today’s the day where you’re awakened.
    You’ve been asleep for a long time. You were nothing but now you will be a pawn of fate.
    Today is the day where the stories begin. You are the inception.
    Goes back to the three sitting at the table.
    KAI
    I accept the contract.
    JACKSON
    Good, you will be paid once you get back. Good luck.
    KAI
    We’ll get going then.
    Kai and Aiden stand up and heads towards the door. Aiden goes out first and just as Kai leaves.
    JACKSON
    And Kai one last thing.
    Kai turns to Jackson.

KAI
    What?
    JACKSON
    I’m sorry for everything that has happened and going to happen.
    Kai looks at Jackson in silence for a moment and then turns around and follows Aiden without saying a word.
    PART 2
    EXT. AINLE. Kai and Aiden are crossing through the burned city. Ainle.mp3 plays
    AIDEN
    Goddess! How many vampires did we kill?
    KAI
    42 from my count
    AIDEN
    You counted?
    KAI
    Yeah. I did.
    AIDEN
    You’re too meticulous for my taste.
    KAI
    Glad we’re not dating then.
    AIDEN
    Pfft. Like you can get a guy like me.
    KAI
    I’m sure you’re-
    Both stops in their tracks as they see a mysterious woman approach
    AIDEN
    Who the hell is that? What are they doing in Ainle.
    Aiden looks up and down at the woman.
    AIDEN
    Very nice body and fine breasts though
    KAI
    See, this is why you don’t get girls.
    AIDEN
    Oh please. That’s not-
    The mysterious woman lunges at them with chain blades. Aiden and Kai dodges out of the way and engages in combat. After some intense fighting, Aiden and Kai overwhelms the mysterious woman and she flees.
    AIDEN
    What the ? Who the hell is that?
    KAI
    Vampire, not from other dimensions like the ones from Ainle, but ones that was transformed from a human.
    AIDEN
    Why the hell did she attack us?
    KAI
    Dunno. She’s gone now though. Lets keep moving. We have a job to do.
    EXT. ORTEL CASTLE A huge red and pink barrier surrounds a portion of the castle. Kai and Aiden approaches
    AIDEN
    There it is. That’s the barrier. This is where I stop and you do all the hard work.
    KAI
    Alright I’ll be back with the succubus’s heart.
    AIDEN
    Good luck.
    KAI
    Thanks, I’m off-
    Kai’s head starts to throttle in pain. A dream state. A black blank screen with Kai speaking to an unknown voice. The unknown voice is speaking through text. yume.ogg plays.
    UNKNOWN VOICE
    You’re here.
    KAI
    You again.
    UNKNOWN VOICE
    I’ll die soon.
    KAI
    What, what do you mean you’ll die soon. You’re not even alive, you’re just a voice in my head.
    UNKNOWN VOICE
    I wouldn’t say I’m alive. But I have not yet died.
    KAI
    Can you just tell me who you are?
    UNKNOWN VOICE
    I am someone who is a pawn of destiny just like you.
    KAI
    You said this is where I’ll wake up. That I am the inception. What do you mean by that?
    UNKNOWN VOICE
    We were told of our purpose. Our reasons to exist in this form. We were to accept that this was our destiny. To lead these two.
    KAI
    Stop it with the wordplay and ambiguity. Just get to the point.
    UNKNOWN VOICE
    Two will finally die today and two will finally be reborn.
    KAI
    I’m done. Just let me go on with what you have planned for me. I don’t know what’s the point of you speaking to me in riddles.
    UNKNOWN VOICE
    Because you stole my life.
    KAI
    What?...
    UNKNOWN VOICE
    I brought you into this domain one last time to give you advice.
    KAI
    Ok what is it then?
    UNKNOWN VOICE
    I highly doubt you’ll follow it since you are destined to do it.
    If you want to not be a pawn of fate and destiny.
    Do not kill that succubus.
    EXT. ORTEL CASTLE. Kai is laid on the floor, as Aiden tries to wake him up.
    AIDEN
    Hey! Kai! Wake up.
    KAI
    Ugh. My head.
    AIDEN
    You just randomly dropped dead on the floor. You scared the out of me.
    KAI
    This day is just…
    AIDEN
    You alright man?
    KAI
    Hey Aiden, maybe we shouldn’t accept this contract.
    AIDEN
    What do you mean? Have you seen the 0’s for the reward? We’ll be set for life if you get in there and get that succubus.
    KAI
    Something tells me we shouldn’t and just turn around.
    AIDEN
    Look Kai, you got this man. Just get in there, dodge those succubus charm, attacks or whatever. Kill her, rip out her heart as proof and then boom. We can go home celebrate with all the women and food.
    KAI
    Aiden…
    AIDEN
    No buts! Get in there.
    Aiden shoves Kai into the red barrier.
    KAI
    Aiden, what the?
    After he passes the barrier, it turned from a red/pink color to a purple color. Kai attempts to walk out but can’t.
    KAI
    Aiden, I don’t want to kill this succubus.
    AIDEN
    Why not?
    KAI
    It’s just a gut feeling. A voice in my head tells me I shouldn’t do it.
    Kai thinks himself: Literally.
    AIDEN
    Well I’m the other voice in your head that tells you to just ignore that voice. You can’t get out of the barrier anyway. Once a human enters, he can’t get out until he the succubus. So good luck!
    KAI
    Goddess, you’re the worst best friend in the history of best friends.
    AIDEN
    I know I am.
    Kai sighs and walks toward the door, entering the halls of Ortel castle
    INT. ORTEL CASTLE. Kai walks through corridors and corridors of halls. After a while he reaches a room with a number 1094 on it. Kai looks at it with a curious look and continues through the door. Kai sees the succubus sitting on the bed dressed in black. She rises out of her bed and walks slowly toward him
    SUCCUBUS
    Hello there darling. You’ve come for the best time of your life I see.
    KAI
    I was sent here to kill you.
    SUCCUBUS
    Oh? But you love me.
    A pink smoke rises up from the ground and covers Kai. Succubus goes behind Kai and wraps her finger around Kai’s neck.
    SUCCUBUS
    Tell me you want me. Tell me you love me. Tell me that you’ll be mine forever. And I will be.
    Kai, not affected by the succubus charm, pushes the Succubus off
    SUCCUBUS
    Impossible!
    KAI
    Look, just listen for a second. I want to talk about-
    SUCCUBUS
    There is nothing to talk about, you should be in that bed. You’re the last one that I need.
    KAI
    The last one you need?
    SUCCUBUS
    Of course it’s the last one that can’t be charmed, I knew he wouldn’t keep his side of the bargain. I can’t let this stop me.
    KAI
    I don’t want to kill you. I just want to leave this place alright?
    SUCCUBUS
    I can’t let you do that. You are the only thing that is standing me and a life of happiness.
    KAI
    What-
    SUCCUBUS
    After I kill you, I will be set free. This curse I’ve been burden with.
    KAI
    You can’t charm me, so you can’t seduce me or kill me. Now let me go.
    SUCCUBUS
    That is where you’re wrong. I don’t need to seduce you to kill you.
    A giant scythe appears to form out of thin air to the Succubus
    KAI
    Wait… stop.
    SUCCUBUS
    Now die human!
    A fight ensues, and after intense fighting the succubus falls to the ground and Kai is the victor. Kai stands over Succubus’s body with barely any life left in her.
    SUCCUBUS
    No.. this… can’t be possible
    KAI
    I’m sorry I didn’t want this outcome.
    SUCCUBUS
    Memento… I’m so sorry that I can’t be with you again.
    KAI
    What are you talking about? Who’s Memento?
    A dark magic portal appears and a hooded man comes through.
    SUCCUBUS
    You…
    MYSTERIOUS MAN
    I see you have failed your end of the bargain.
    SUCCUBUS
    No… please…. you have to…
    KAI
    Who are you?
    The mysterious man turns to Kai
    MYSTERIOUS MAN
    You are most excellent in being a pawn.
    KAI
    Enough of this, tell me what is going on.
    The mysterious man turns to the succubus.
    MYSTERIOUS MAN
    I cannot take his soul, someone has to be willing to give their soul for the contract. And that means the 1095th soul can’t be taken to full fill your end of the bargain. However I can make an exception and instead of taking a soul that you have seduced, I can take your soul.
    SUCCUBUS
    But… then…
    MYSTERIOUS MAN
    I will full fill my end of the bargain make all the things that you wished for come true.
    SUCCUBUS
    That’s… impossible. You can’t possibly full fill all of it if you take my soul.
    MYSTERIOUS MAN
    The contract is law, even I cannot by pass it.
    SUCCUBUS
    If I give my soul to you, you will give me all the things I wished for?...
    MYSTERIOUS MAN
    Yes.
    After a moment of silence succubus speaks up.
    SUCCUBUS.
    Fine then… take my soul. I allow you to take it.
    MYSTERIOUS MAN
    Very well.
    Succubus screams in pain then silence as a white orb floats up from her body and into the hands of the mysterious man, he puts it in his coat.
    KAI
    What the hell is going on?
    MYSTERIOUS MAN
    Ah yes you. I guess I have to full fill my end of the bargain
    The mysterious man snaps his finger. Kai screams out in pain and drops the floor grasping his head.
    MYSTERIOUS MAN
    Enjoy your life.
    Screen fades to white and dream state is induced again.
    Kai is standing with the succubus and 2 other figures that are covered in white light
    KAI
    What… is this?
    SUCCUBUS
    You… what? Why am I here?
    The two figures speak, one with a male voice and a one is a female.
    MALE VOICE
    I see you my words have fell to deaf ears and you have killed that succubus
    KAI
    You… you’re the voice that’s been in my head
    FEMALE VOICE
    He’s a bright one isn’t he.
    SUCCUBUS
    You… you’re the voice in my head as well.
    MALE VOICE
    Well now that we’re all acquainted let’s get this over with shall we?
    A vision appeared in front of them. There lie the succubus but much younger in a luxurious room. She is standing by the window staring out into the sky. The 4 of them stands as specters, unable to do interact with anything with the memory but just watch.
    SUCCUBUS
    This is…
    MALE VOICE
    Your life
    SUCCUBUS
    Why am I seeing my life? Why is he here with us? He is irrelevant
    FEMALE VOICE
    He’s as much relevant to this whole thing as you.
    KAI
    I don’t see how I fit in either.
    FEMALE VOICE
    Shh. Just watch. None of you need speak, for everything is explained at the end.
    MALE VOICE
    Where our journey will end.
    FEMALE VOICE
    And your two’s will begins.
    The succubus and Kai stood quiet and watched. A servant comes through.
    SERVANT
    Princess Mei, your father and mother are here to see you.
    MEI
    I do not wish to be disturbed right now.
    KAI
    You… were a princess
    SUCCUBUS
    Yes… yes I was.
    PART 3