[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Arcane Gate randomly canceling

RyoukaiRyoukai
Vindictus Rep: 525
in Evie
Has anyone had issues with Arcane Gate canceling? I was told it was due to client side lag that happens even when I'm in solo. If I take any more than 2 seconds between attacks, Arcane Gate just stops after the attack. This usually happens on the second attack, occasionally the third. Haven't seen it happen on the other two.

Comments

• ToksikoToksiko
    Vindictus Rep: 730
    Arcane gate had a lot of bugs.
    It's most of the time due to lags of the client/your internet connection.
    I'll farm a lot and i already had the random cancelling like you, and i have a frequent bug too when you disappear on the aracane gate, you are normally untouchable, but random boss attack or just a random mob attack just pulls you out of it (and it's not an unblockable attack who actually can cancel the Arcane Gate)
    This skill is really cool, but most of the time you're like:
    519662wehavereachedthatpointwereweshouldturnback42eb55d62a4625694cb06f2844b92e1a.jpg
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    If you have some serious frame drop during the skill , it sometimes skips te whole animation.

This happens to any other skills as well.
  • AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    Fem2UAW.png
    fhI4FgH.gif
  • RyoukaiRyoukai
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    It seems that all I can do is suck up how unreliable this skill is which is a shame considering how strong it is and how awesome it looks. :/
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Ryoukai wrote: »
    It seems that all I can do is suck up how unreliable this skill is which is a shame considering how strong it is and how awesome it looks. :/

From my experience, every character has the same problem with any skill.
    It can happen with Arcane gate, Raze, Arishas' Ruin blade and resonance.
    Seen it happen to fury7 of lann, fionas shield charge, etc.

Even regular smashes can be canceled and do zero damage under certain conditions, its just how the game is made, some times, skills just fail for no reason.