[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Royal Raids only for high level players!

LordAlucardLordAlucard
Vindictus Rep: 880
edited March 15, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
I leveled a new char and at level 30 i got the royal raids and wondered why?
With a level 30 char i'm not really helping, i'm just an annoyance for the high level players, first i don't know my new char jet second i don't do enough damage!

When i play with my lv 90 char i always get annoyed, 13 people in the raid but 2 or 3 of them are level 90, so you need a long time to kill the boss, if it even is possible!
The other problem is, you are waiting for a full group but there is always the low level player that thinks yeah the door is open so just lets run in....

Then what happens the high level players are leaving the party and everybody is failing....

Nexon should change the requirements for the Royal Raids, i think it should only be possible for level 90 players to join, what do you guys think?

Edit: If you vote then answer in the post why do you think like that, this would be helpful.
  1. Wich level should be the minumum for the royal raids?17 votes
    1. Make it just for level 90 and above!
       24% (4 votes)
    2. You have to be at least level 80!
       29% (5 votes)
    3. Nah lv 70 is fine!
       12% (2 votes)
    4. I don't care just let it be!
       35% (6 votes)

Comments

• AlisonAlison
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    yeah lvl 30 is way to early... there is enough to do under 80/90 than royal raids
    LordAlucard
  • LadyFayeLadyFaye
    Vindictus Rep: 1,200
    edited March 15, 2017
    Additionally you NEED low level players as the server will limit the amount of high level players per party for some reason so you wont get enough to start. Take 20 lvl 90s and make them queue up, the server will create 2 parties and you STILL have to wait for low lvls! :s

EDIT: This was the bigger issue.
    With 2-3 skilled and geared 90s you still make the royal raids (I carried some parties too with over 50% dmg)
    Also you get a good buff on att from the veterans buff depending on how many low lvls you have in the pt, you lose it if you die tho. But skilled enough you dont die in royal raids and it is nice to have more att as there is no cap there.
  • LordAlucardLordAlucard
    LadyFaye wrote: »
    Additionally you NEED low level players as the server will limit the amount of high level players per party for some reason so you wont get enough to start. Take 20 lvl 90s and make them queue up, the server will create 2 parties and you STILL have to wait for low lvls! :s

But so you have 10 lv 90 and 6 low level players, we had that yesterday in the Royal Raid, with the spiders after 11 minutes they where dead. But before we needed 40 minutes, why because we were only 3 lv 90 player the rest where low noobs. That's the reason Nexon should so something to save us some time!
  • SlothPrincessSlothPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,420
    Well...yes I do think lvl30 is too low a level for the royal army raids now even tho you get boosted stats while you're in there. Perhaps they can bump the side quests for them up to a higher lvl so it would make more sense to do them. I can't say what minimum lvl would be good since I like seeing all lvls in the party. maybe 60?

With a few 90s it takes about 15-20 mins at 16 people. It's a reasonable amount of time I think. But with only 10 or so it takes at least 30mins even if everyone is max level. So yes lots of people think it will be a waste of time to fight then and leave +sad

As for that person who ends up starting when there isn't enough people....there will always be someone who doesn't know. We can teach them. Please try to be patient with new people, we all didn't know once :)

And then there's the person who probably knows it's not a good idea and starts anyways....if they don't want to listen when asked to wait for 16 people there's nothing we can do about that. +shrugs
  • TeknofobixTeknofobix
    Vindictus Rep: 665
    I think they should change the royal Army Raid completely either turn them back to what they were back in the day and a group of 30's could do it or make it more towards intro to end game like it is right now and make the quests show at around level 75 80. The Half in Half out it is now its just a pain you shouldn't have need buffs to complete or even participate in a raid. You spend up to 40 min waiting for a boat and then the 2 geared players are doing 80% of the total damage watching all the low players get destroyed burning through graces and merc pots and res feathers and doing almost no damage to the boss just to get garbage drops in the end. They should make the drops at least useful maybe throw in a Random Enchant Box Rank A+ on top of the junk loot that has no use anymore since they removed the items or never had items that you used the royal raid mats to craft. Give some incentive to actually run Royal Raids. As it is right now its Run it 5 times for title then never run again as its time consuming and pointless as far as story and enjoyment and loot is concerned.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    The change to make them scale was a horrible one considering that there's no adjustment based on how many low/high levels are in the raid. I haven't touched them since the update because AFKers are as rampant as ever and the +pain they cause has only been multiplied.
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    It's frustrating when 2-3 semi-geared 90's have to carry a party of 16 because all the sub-level 90's do almost no damage.

I actually had a royal army raid one time when I did like 40% of the damage and the timer almost ran out because it took so long to kill the boss. At lvl 30 you're more of a nuisance than anything and even if you did want to help you probably don't have enough AP in your skills to help the party with buffs or anything like that.

Even with the recent update of extra cores for placing higher in the damage count, It is still not worth the trouble to carry so many people through a royal army raid.
  • LordAlucardLordAlucard
    Soj wrote: »
    It's frustrating when 2-3 semi-geared 90's have to carry a party of 16 because all the sub-level 90's do almost no damage.

I actually had a royal army raid one time when I did like 40% of the damage and the timer almost ran out because it took so long to kill the boss. At lvl 30 you're more of a nuisance than anything and even if you did want to help you probably don't have enough AP in your skills to help the party with buffs or anything like that.

Even with the recent update of extra cores for placing higher in the damage count, It is still not worth the trouble to carry so many people through a royal army raid.
    Exactly but it seems there are still enough low level players that don't want to get that point.

I heard that back in the days were you had lv 80 as max level, it was better nexon changed it to this mess :-(
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited May 3, 2017
    idk, they make it easier for me to place high and get extra cores
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Party is filling up faster with lower levels, and their stats is boosted to like 20k atk and so on.