[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why do people hate extra cores?

PrototypemindPrototypemind
Vindictus Rep: 8,530
edited March 13, 2017 in Battle Quests and Guides
On so many Braha and Glas runs lately people are just not doing the breaks. They aren't long runs, and they aren't shortened by much at all by skipping them. Do people hate extra chances at drops that much?

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I'd wager those raids aren't worth the extra cores, or people simply don't know about them. Some could just be running those raids for the title (beat specific boss 50 times). There's also the change in the level up system and the addition of the quick board, which now allows many players to do these raids when they previously wouldn't have been able to.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited March 14, 2017
    because they are lazy and want to show off with dps ( im one of them sometimes )
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Because extra cores are evil. (evil core)
    Madcobra
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Order5 wrote: »
    I'd wager those raids aren't worth the extra cores, or people simply don't know about them. Some could just be running those raids for the title (beat specific boss 50 times). There's also the change in the level up system and the addition of the quick board, which now allows many players to do these raids when they previously wouldn't have been able to.

Yes, there are definitely new players in there at times that don't know, but it's often vets that skip the break even though it adds almost no time to the run. Glas can be a little more annoying if he takes a while to transition, but every drop is an extra chance at good drops. You're in there anyway, so why not get all you can?

I do see new players ask sometimes, but some don't seem to want to.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    for me it's because these boss are boring after grinding 200 times. Still need the good drops for gold but just want to get it over with asap. I only break boss when i feel like doing it, which is very rare.

Plus the drop rate is so shitty i don't give a crap on 1 extra core.
    Barbatus
  • Controller001Controller001
    Vindictus Rep: 1,920
    People would do BO's if it were actualy WORTH doing, remember Season 1 Break offs that actualy GAVE what you worked for ?
    Right now all you get for BO is more 300g worth trash loot with NO USE whatsoever.
    Barbatus
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    ^
    edited March 14, 2017
    People would do BO's if it were actualy WORTH doing, remember Season 1 Break offs that actualy GAVE what you worked for ?
    Right now all you get for BO is more 300g worth trash loot with NO USE whatsoever.

You get extra cores from both the Glas break off and orange Braha break. I understand that doesn't guarantee anything, but it does give an extra chance at R7 scrolls and OJ drops.
  • DivineAngelDivineAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 705
    It honestly is quite sad to see .
    Some people do act like it's too bothersome / cumbersome .
    But it isn't that hard nor long to do . An extra core, a chance for an extra orange .
    If not even orange, purple 3* feather/essence is still good for crafting and just selling the crafted item .

You just really see how shallow people are .
    Heck, what's more bothersome is people don't even wait and let Staffies save cast anymore .
    It's just run straight into battle as soon as they load in . Because clearly waiting 20 seconds is too much time since their mothers are dying .
    I'm not even a Staffie, my girlfriend is, and it's just frustrating to see that neither her nor any other Staffie gets to cast save anymore .
    As if they don't feel rendered enough from nerfs, leave it to the community to make them feel even worse .
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Because throwing 20 bombs at braha seems too much work to get one break off, or throwing two spears per flinch (total of 4 to get break per part) as well. In all honesty, I get the extra chance for R7 + OJ, but loads of players don't find it worth the trouble (esp when you have a kai/hurk that does dps 2 win). and considering how people are all GAGA over damage as opposed to loot, it just shows that no one seems to care about bonus missions when said market is super inflated and one can just farm seals to buy oranges.

20 seals + 10 honor medals + 15 seals from abyss arena (24 if vip) = 45-54 (minimally) seals per day during the cycle of the two days of abyss arena. 40 seals = one armor prime you want. 150 seals = weapon prime you want.

Scroll prices for R7 are at an all time low, the lowest I've seen in a long time, and for some players, they get deterred from doing raids in general, lets alone 80+ Ein Raids since those have an off chance of giving R7 + rare.
    GanonGamer34Barbatus
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Whats the point of doing any sort of raid when the drops are worth nothing? And thats assuming you get anything of value in the first place. Dead market = dead game. Dont worry the end is near.
    Barbatus
    Dead market? There are tons of items moving, and megas have been incredibly active since this last series of events began. Prices have dropped and gold buyers aren't the only ones who can afford items. Really an aside, but still, the market is far from dead. Prices are lower and currently scrolls rather than essences are fetching high prices. The game is in a relatively good place.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited March 14, 2017
    With everyone yoloing their weapons from the +10-15 Coupon Box and the 50% Restoration Scroll, I see more Weapon Essences on the Market than usual. It is nice. Extra core = chance at a rare drop, but I do understand where others are coming from. For them, extra core = extra useless junk. Most of the S3 raid drops don't even have a use. Shame because I recall before we had the composite system, most if not all drops from dungeons, had a use. Composite system has its benefits, but more useless items is the drawback. What would things be like if we still had the old crafting system for 90 gear and the drops in dungeons were max stat oj shards?
    Barbatus
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited March 14, 2017
    The time spent attempting to get breakoff in a pug party could've been spent to finish another raid quickly.
    If a person is only given 2 hours a day to play, I would get more cores if I just dps instead of teaching the rest of the party how to do breakoff.

Same concept with trying to get a full party for quick battle and ended up waiting for 30 minutes. I would just start with 6 or so before people get tired of waiting and leave.
    2edgy4uYurehaBarbatus
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited March 15, 2017
    Tbh I can barely recall anyone ever asking in the party chat about these breaks,I don't care about the breaks either.
    I mean if they want to do it then go ahead but for me that +1 most likely trash core makes no difference.
    Also,if I ever feel like 'farming' raids then I will just do more runs with my other chars or use the endless VIPs we got from events:P
    Barbatus
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    edited March 15, 2017
    First of all, Braha and Glas you have to literally go for it to get the break off. Now i've done braha break off. Although i don't know how many bombs it takes but I know it takes a lot and I'm guessing 20 bombs is a reasonable number.

now, you need to dodge attacks, stack up the buff so you can do dmg on the other side, it is fair to say, each bomb takes 15 secs i think.

15x20=300sec=5mins. within these 5 mins you are expected to do very minimal dmg to the boss. If i'm pugging the run, that means i'll probably extend the fight by as much as another 5 mins because 1. I genenrally do 20-25% on a pug run if the group is ok, 30%+ when i'm carrying. 2. sometimes i can't even break the gem before i jump the other side, then you have to count on the other side who jumps over to finish the rest, which a lot of the times they don't.

For glas, it's more of a technical issue and team effort. First of all, a lot of ppl will toss spears when the gravity reverse starts, then they would lose the spear and can't go for break off not to mention a lot of people don't even know how to break off. Further, a lot of spreas get blocked by players who are attacking the boss. Lastly, Glas usually dies before any break off can happen. Literally, if you run out of spears, the boss is close to dead and you want the extra core, you gonna waste another 5 mins in there.

Finally, at the worst case, if I run x2 on both, that means 20-30mins of time wasted for 99% chance on 1200g. That's the time it takes me to clear any S3 dungeon solo, and i get at least 1m worth of mats, more chance on OJ shards, chance on 10% dmg stone which worth 1m, purple stable shard worth 300k+, purple solid shard worth 150k+ compare to trash purple armor shards worth nothing and have hard time to sell even at 3 stars, and weapon worth maybe as much as a purple stable shard, and a whole bunch of junk stone i can use to recharge my skill awakening.

So, why go for the break off?
    Barbatus
    It's definitely not a five minute difference in the run doing the mechanics, but I get that some people do want to fly through. I have been in some parties where the combined deeps are high enough that even the S3 bosses melt like they're nothing. Still, in the average raid it makes so little difference in time. I suppose the thing that gets me is when the absolutely least geared players get in the way of Glas' break even after being asked to stand clear. That extra 5 seconds of dps from someone with so little output is not saving any appreciable time, and the extra core each run is worth more than that 5 seconds of contributed damage.

I guess in the end it's a bit of what players want. Eochaid, Regina, Lugh, and Abom can be broken off with minimal effort, where as the other two require a concerted effort from the group in some form or another. It is interesting, though, because on the old forums there was a decent length thread where players were clamoring about the fact that secondary weapons are useless and that in S2 they did nothing to help the party or add unique requirements. Now that they're there in S3 most parties don't want to do them.

Maybe DevCat needs to increase the scroll/OJ essence chance for those bonus cores, or at least turn them into S3 mats?
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    edited March 15, 2017
    It's definitely not a five minute difference in the run doing the mechanics, but I get that some people do want to fly through. I have been in some parties where the combined deeps are high enough that even the S3 bosses melt like they're nothing. Still, in the average raid it makes so little difference in time. I suppose the thing that gets me is when the absolutely least geared players get in the way of Glas' break even after being asked to stand clear. That extra 5 seconds of dps from someone with so little output is not saving any appreciable time, and the extra core each run is worth more than that 5 seconds of contributed damage.

I guess in the end it's a bit of what players want. Eochaid, Regina, Lugh, and Abom can be broken off with minimal effort, where as the other two require a concerted effort from the group in some form or another. It is interesting, though, because on the old forums there was a decent length thread where players were clamoring about the fact that secondary weapons are useless and that in S2 they did nothing to help the party or add unique requirements. Now that they're there in S3 most parties don't want to do them.

Maybe DevCat needs to increase the scroll/OJ essence chance for those bonus cores, or at least turn them into S3 mats?

Not first part cuz if i'm not attacking (referring to braha) it will be a whole lotta slower on an average run.

Do agree on second part the cores are too unattractive. if they actually wanna make break off useful, they need to keep the idea of s1 where break off mats are needed to craft weapons. But i doubt they care about this at all. Also, the imbalance between break off difficulty is stupid. Even if they have break off give specific mats for gear crafting, they might as well make different boss drop different mats otherwise it would make no difference afterall. But if they are dropping different mats, people would just skip wearing ts set or braha set...
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    The effort : reward ratio is bad.

You dont see anyone throwing secondary weapons to do s3 breakoffs (im talking about spears, etc) because its just too hard for +1 core. People only consistently break regina/lugh, etc when theres a kai or chain vella in the party, lugh often falls below the HP threshold before you can break him with normal smashes. Braha break = wayyyy too many bombs required, plus the raid is bugged so you need to break off both brahas to get the extra core + bonus mission. Lord glas breakoff has a very small window where he is stationery and is easily blocked by people standing infront of the boss.

Eochaid break is relatively easy but dependant on him doing the long ranged roar, which is RNG based. Most people cannot break him unless he does that roar.

Abo has the best designed break as you can easily break him just by attacking his face, without any special skills required. This is the standard that all breakoffs should be based on, when you have a breakoff that requires too much effort, most people wont bother.
    Barbatus
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    I have nothing against going for the extra core but honestly it not a priority for me. I'm there for the titles and the seals. The extra core might be nice but I wouldn't notice if I didn't get it. I have a feeling many players feel the same way which is why most ppl don't bother with the breaks.
    YurehaBarbatus