[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fake orange drops

misakamisakamisakamisaka
Vindictus Rep: 1,685
in General Discussion
Have you guys ever had a drop that had the bright orange indicator over the core but when you went to retrieve it, it ended up not being orange? In my case I was doing Eochaid and got one but when I went to get the core, it was his toenail instead @.@

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    It's actually white, and it indicates someone's orange, not yours.
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    edited March 10, 2017
    Pretty sure when it's yours it's orange, not white. It'll be white if it's someone elses. I took a ss when I saw the orange beam.
    16k2b29.jpg
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Anyway to link what item you looted from that orange core? Because it could be a graphical glitch.
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Did you not get the essence after receiving all the drops? If not then that's really weird. I had a orange drop once without there being a light but nothing like this.
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I know there's a way for host to glitch it so you don't get the drop. If they end the party early, you will not get the drop, so what most people do is right when the raid finish, click forfeit to end it earlier before the party host does. It happened to someone else that was in my party earlier. Gotta watch out for these troll hosts.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It hasn't happened to me, but someone else made a thread about this before with picture proof and others confirmed it.
  • MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited March 11, 2017
    I know there's a way for host to glitch it so you don't get the drop. If they end the party early, you will not get the drop, so what most people do is right when the raid finish, click forfeit to end it earlier before the party host does. It happened to someone else that was in my party earlier. Gotta watch out for these troll hosts.

This is only for QB hosting. Hosts doing /leave for non-QB runs don't have this issue. You might need to let new/unfamiliar hosts know, incase they're unaware of this. Before QB was added in, alot of hosts did /leave at the end of raids to skip the wait time for clear screens.
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    edited March 11, 2017
    There was a topic about this earlier when it first started happening, though. And I even mega'd about this when it happened to me. (In this case, some people just didn't know, as I got a couple "Thanks for this info!" )

But like RyanReynolds said, some trolls just want to watch the world burn.

Edit: @misakamisaka I actually had the reverse happen to me, once. No orange light whatsoever, but when I went to go incinerate all my crap drops, there was an OJ Abom Feet Armor in my inventory. Like whaaaaaaa.......

So yeah, it can happen.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    MrGold wrote: »

This is only for QB hosting. Hosts doing /leave for non-QB runs don't have this issue. You might need to let new/unfamiliar hosts know, incase they're unaware of this. Before QB was added in, alot of hosts did /leave at the end of raids to skip the wait time for clear screens.

This is why I loot my cores before someone pulls this kind of crap. People don't realize that trolling just wastes gold, and provides an extreme annoyance to the player that got it.
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Sorry for the late response, unfortunately, I didn't ss the drops I got ): But thanks for the replies everyone! I recently got back to playing again so it's nice to know all this. I guess I should be wary of the QB runs I join.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Sorry for the late response, unfortunately, I didn't ss the drops I got ): But thanks for the replies everyone! I recently got back to playing again so it's nice to know all this. I guess I should be wary of the QB runs I join.

Unfortunately, there will be more trolls than meets the eye.