[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rookie here, enjoying the game so far :D

EclipsiaEclipsia
Vindictus Rep: 660
edited February 16, 2017 in New Recruits
good enough looking SS

9aZ0Aps.jpg

Any tips and tricks I should know about heading into this game?
AndromedaGMCallMeMrB

Comments

• pewsnexpewsnex
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    Glad you're enjoying the game.

At end game you'll either take a long time to get geared or end up spending real money to buy runes, those random boxes, etc to progress.

It all depends on you. Have fun!
    EclipsiaAndromedaGM
  • ERRORERROR
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    edited February 16, 2017
    My suggestion would be to try out all the characters and then choose one to stick with. They're all quite different. Also make sure to take advantage of all the events. Most have really good rewards.

Have fun! I've been playing for years and this game still has the best combat.
    EclipsiaAndromedaGM
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Vindictus Rep: 16,875
    gifki-anime-accel-world-anime-gifki-659146_zpsza1bptlo.gif

#I recommend that as well as experimenting is necessary with the characters, try the habilities, you will encounter two categories: att and matt one is physical damage and the other is magic damage. You will also see that in vindictus the game system is based on 2 categories for incursions: that is the normal quest, and the raids. The raids have the boss that stand out in each sector of the different maps and seasons of Vindictus.

Regarding the seasons at the beginning you start with S1, you will be doing missions on colhen & rocheste. Later continue the history on S2 Malina, there you can find from extensive maps : Crescent Moon Island, Ship graveyard, Misty Summit & Moonlight Peak, these maps that are generally wanted by the scrolls to equip themselves.

These maps are destined in their majority to farm: materials, story content, scrolls & more. Finally we have the season S3. Here you will encounter the most difficult bosses, but at the same time they will allow you to give essences to create your weapons and armor of lvl 90, only need luck for the drops.

Just to add, that thanks to the seal store that you find in colhen & malina, for each raid you complete you will get seals of bravery that can be exchanged by articles of the store, facilitating to the player improving the equipment without spending money of Esscenes.

Here the only expense you will incur is to substitute materials, for level up your stat. The other option is to farm on S3 Ben Chenner Entrance or Berbhe Downtown, here you get the materials to improve your equipment or statistic, also if you need money you can sell these materials in the market place on the game, is the system most used nowadays along with the raids of S3, for the current economy of the game.

Finally we have the use of Supply Depot with NX, in this game the store is good to buy runes of improvement in enchantments of : weapons ,armors and scrolls.
    They also protect items in case the enchantment fails. Another reason for using the Supply Depot, is for vanity aspects, you can buy outfits, dyes, alteration of appearance, hair styles & more.

You arrive in good time to take advantage of the present events, it is always good when the team gives articles of improvement and vanity during certain periods of the year, for promotion or updates, thus saving players of investing in the store, some times.

I recommend you always see the notices on the page, for not to miss any event or update .

PS: If you play from west on NA and need help or host , you can contact me regardless of the guild, I like to help.
    Greetings, have fun that is the main thing & welcome to vindictus. = )
    Eclipsia
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Glad you are enjoying the game! :-) Have fun ^.^
  • EclipsiaEclipsia
    So it has been about 7 ~ 8 days since i started and well it seems like i got really far.. ( lvl. 66) I just finished titan . Just doing some of the side quests for titles but it feels like its hard to find normal players that have missions up. Is that normal? or people just have private party ( West server) feels kind of lonely but i did join a guild and some of them members help me.

ign : Eclipsia
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    It is mostly lonely until the endgame.
    If you were on East you could join me in my farming runs.
  • ArgdenArgden
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    Welcome to the party! Glad you're having fun but don't forget to take brakes every now and again so you don't burn out. I'm on the west server as well and I'm on daily. I'm on either Dellia (ign: Susannah) or Arisha (ign: Keutzer) Add me n whisper when ever ^^
    Eclipsia
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Try hosting a raid if you can. Players mainly look for raids, and higher level players are capable of running level 60 raids in small Quick Board groups. So if it looks like you're having trouble finding boats at level 60, then it could be that people are just starting the boats right when they get 1-2 level 90s.
    Eclipsia
  • EclipsiaEclipsia
    uh, so I have one more level from being max.. and yeah I am still going through Season two. I wanted to know what can i do for more defense? ex. what type of armor should I aim for see how gold is hard to come around.
  • ChubuiChubui
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    For a new player, you can do perfectly fine with purple level 90 gear. Just choose a set that looks cool. It really doesn't matter until you put enchants on everything but that cost A LOT.

Purple gear is practically free, if you can't find any I can farm some with you :)

You can add Kasuda on west server
    Eclipsia
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Europe server has multiple players if you would start there im sure you wouldnt play solo
    EclipsiaSoany
  • EclipsiaEclipsia
    Thanks Madcobra, but I was able to find players! I doing think i'll be switch cause I have already put down some NX on my character. Also I am max level as of today! +yay
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Congratz B)
  • DangerousHobbitDangerousHobbit
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Welcome to Vindictus,have fun and I hope you enjoy the game^^ .
    Eclipsia
  • EclipsiaEclipsia
    Welcome to Vindictus,have fun and I hope you enjoy the game^^ .

I am thank you, starting season 3. =]
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Something no one has mentioned yet.

If you intend to spend NX on this game there are very few items actually worth the money. And "worth" is extremely relative depending on what your goals in the game are.

-Gremlin pet
    -Enhancement Rune
    -Enchant Rune (or Premium Enchant Rune, and Exquisite Enchant Rune whenever it's out)
    -Unbind Potions (and only if you intend to sell items, if not, worthless)
    -VIP/VVIP and Cadet Badge (if you intend to play so much that you cap your raids every day yet still want to try and find more drops, if not, worthless)

That is it. Everything else in the NX shop is quite literally worthless for any player that intends to play for more than a few months.
    Arguments can be made for Gnoll mining pet as well but that's just so iffy.

Cosmetic items vary depending on how much you're into that but a premium outfitter to afford the +10% movement speed in town is invaluable.

Figuring out the raid bosses is all up to you as well but the S2 Malina runs can be a little convoluted and I have yet to find a good explanation for how to do those.
    If you intend to farm for level 80 accessories and want to know how to run them I can maybe try to write an explanation for what to do on them as well as optimal paths to take. Though, really, it's not that hard and you should be able to figure it out yourself in a few runs.

=========

And if you haven't experienced it already...

The RNG and gear progression in this game has no failsafe. So enjoy being weaponless, enjoy spending thousands of dollars into NX for enhancement runes to get good weapons, or enjoy finding alternate ways of obtaining gold to buy good weapons from other players. Or pray to Nexon to give you a good weapon with enhancing (good luck, if it works you'll be one of literally thousands of players that it worked with and you might enjoy continuing to play the game, guess where the other thousands of players are at now - hint: they aren't playing Vindictus anymore).

Anyone who claims to have a different solution to gear progression than this can provide proof by providing you with a weapon and a twitch stream showing their method.
    Eclipsia
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    Come on Cessa, stop scaring our new player away. The game has improved a lot, and will keep improving with upcoming lvl 80 and lower gear enhancement change & rank8 and lower ES change, and the seal shop is right there so getting a lvl 90 weapon is not as hard as getting a lvl 80 weapon in the past. I'm saying this as someone who blown up some weapon on a weekly basis, that the game is on the right track, and as long as you doesn't getting into trouble with nexon, gear progressing the game is all right.
  • KaricKaric
    Vindictus Rep: 470
    Feel free to join my boats anytime you see them, mostly S2 & S3. I often host QB so ppl can easily access. Welcome to West Server.
    Eclipsia
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Players so friendly on west server i see , sadly on europe more toxic ppl then any others
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Madcobra wrote: »
    Players so friendly on west server i see , sadly on europe more toxic ppl then any others

Most of the elitists jerks are on vacation until the level 95 stuff comes out. They'll be back though, like an incurable disease.