[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Permanent Berserker's Listless Ghost's Possession

AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
Vindictus Rep: 1,345
edited October 29, 2016 in General Discussion
Why isn't this ghost permanent image here I was going to grind Halloween spirits for all my alts to get this ghost but then I see its only for 30 days. image Nexon why you do dis image I am willing to grind more Halloween spirits if means I get permanent version. image Permanent version costing between 40 or 60 spirits that would be awesome.

Comments

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    I was thinking they could've added another component to the event to work towards giving the artifact permanent status, would've made this year's event feel much less bare. They did something like that long ago with the Dream Brooch(?) where you had to grind coupons from SG or something during the event period to keep the item from expiring.

500sp on use + the built in stats is a bit too much though.
  • AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    I know but I have no artifacts on 8 of my alts so this would have been a nice thing and it would get players playing again to get these things. But I guess nexon doesn't think this way image
  • LaosduudeLaosduude
    Vindictus Rep: 3,005
    Artifact being permanent would be a great addition to the dullness of recent game experiences
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    edited October 29, 2016
    Not gonna bother to start an argument with a few typos in their post.
    But, I agree that artifact should be permanent. I can't farm pvp seals on my alts just because there's barely people active in arena or in any pvp mode.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited October 29, 2016
    That artifact is OP as ****. Why would it become perma?
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    I'm from East.
  • AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    edited October 29, 2016
    I don't see how +5 Attack Speed +200 Defense +2 Stamina Berserker Enchant: +30 ATT/M.ATT and Stamina Recovery and 500 sp is OP. How about you just say that you would be jelly if it was permanent that someone would get one these while you had to grind pvp seals for you're artifact. 5 speed isn't going make you move at macha speed and 200 defense wont make a difference on how much HP you would lose plus 2 stamina really that's nothing. Seriously you can get any of these stats with enchanting minus the 5 speed so 5 speed isn't going to break the game now is it.
    IAmHeroLaosduudePixelPantsuImNotYourDad
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    My thoughts exactly, it would have been nice if it was permanent.
    Grinding spirits for an item with expiration isn't a nice treat.
    Like every event, items like this are always a trick.

And to the users who consider this item OP?
    No it is not.
  • CenobiteCenobite
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    because it's too OP,you can one shot lugh and eochaid with it ,its like a bloody shade on steroids
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    I can't think of a single reason to use Cat Statue instead of Ghost. Upfront 500 vs 250, and same SP per minute.
    So at very least it's more "better and better replacement gear", and that leads to more content rot.
    Because we love how 90% of the gear/dungeons/activities is no longer relevant, don't we?

I'm glad it's temporary.

And for the record, I would indeed be highly amused (and a little jelly) if they started handing out permanent replacement artifacts after two years of handcuffing them to the pvp system.
    It'd almost look like the content designers admitting that the grind is as tedious as kick killing kobolds.
    RobeguyTetsujinNoburoOkatsuBloodAngel
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    There's really no arguing that the PvP requirement for the regular statue is pathetic. Having to do a game mode that's unbalanced and not fun for an item that's main value is in PvE is ridiculous. That certainly needs to change.

And yes, having it have the same stats as the regular Greater Cat would be more in line, or upping the regular cat to the same level.
    RobeguyPixelPantsu
  • ErinieIErinieI
    Vindictus Rep: 2,380
    Abyssofthor

I don't see how +5 Attack Speed +200 Defense +2 Stamina Berserker Enchant: +30 ATT/M.ATT and Stamina Recovery and 500 sp is OP. How about you just say that you would be jelly if it was permanent that someone would get one these while you had to grind pvp seals for you're artifact. 5 speed isn't going make you move at macha speed and 200 defense wont make a difference on how much HP you would lose plus 2 stamina really that's nothing. Seriously you can get any of these stats with enchanting minus the 5 speed so 5 speed isn't going to break the game now is it.
    I don't know how the Cat Statue with more SP and less CD with Fast Passion Berserker, which can be enchanted with Fast if it was permanent, is OP at all.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    How do some people think it's not OP? I would have so much sp on my Lann I'll have enough to use all my skills - including useless ones like berserker's spirit and that stupid radical fever.
    BloodAngel
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Reason why it's temporary is because it's an event, and like all events and good times, it must come to an end at some point. Imagine a kai like myself having to possess one of these artifacts. A 90 speed kai would have 95 speed, if not 100 with a certain build. Tell me then how is that NOT overpowered, hm?
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited October 29, 2016
    Lol. How can people even think this is not OP?
    If it was perm, people would probably enchant it with fast too, 10 speed already right there along with 500sp every use of it.

To put things into perspective, most people go nuts when they see 90 speed. 10 speed is almost 10% of that.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited October 29, 2016
    Breadman
    Breadman said:

If it was perm, people would probably enchant it with fast too, 10 speed already right there along with 500sp every use of it.
    Sure if you could put fast on it then it would be op. But as it stands there isn't much of a reason for me to use it for a lot of the classes. Basically you are saying swap out a fast/pas greater paw for this. I only need sp at the start, almost always have enough by the time timers are done, so I wouldn't use it much.

Sadly berserkers don't stack so that buff is null for most of us. That just means you gain 8 bal (folks with end gear already have too much bal) and then have the 500 sp vs the spd buff of the paw (or whatever else you want.)

Not much of a win in my mind, and really not close to op.

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    ikevi
    ikevi said:

Breadman
    Breadman said:

Sure if you could put fast on it then it would be op. But as it stands there isn't much of a reason for me to use it for a lot of the classes. Basically you are saying swap out a fast/pas greater paw for this. I only need sp at the start, almost always have enough by the time timers are done, so I wouldn't use it much.

Sadly berserkers don't stack so that buff is null for most of us. That just means you gain 8 bal (folks with end gear already have too much bal) and then have the 500 sp vs the spd buff of the paw (or whatever else you want.)

Anything can be broken in the right hands.
    BloodAngel
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    ikevi
    ikevi said:

Breadman
    Breadman said:

Freeing up 8 bal in one slot would mean you can slap fast on another. If not that, there are plenty of changes you can use 8 bal on, like using judgment instead of val/bl for Nem.
    Unless you're already at the point where you're running out of accessory slots for fasts, this would still be a big plus.

SP is pretty subjective to class, this is true. But for the classes that need as much SP, the extra sp over time this gives over greater cat is most welcome.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited October 29, 2016
    Those with full end gear easily can have 4 fasts with >90 bal + crit cap on most bosses. Next step would be to change rings for a 3rd time... but honestly I don't want to go that route again. (IE I don't want to deal with going from the dead => fast.)
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Anything can be broken in the right hands.
    I agree there. But those right hands for like 2 classes where you need/want SP over speed. And I think even they now tend to build SP as fast as they can spend it.

And note... I am talking about builds where your att spd is already ~90...
    Running at 100 att spd with 2 bars of sp more vs runing at ~90 for 75% of the time and ~150 at spd for 25%. It is going to be a toss up for "most" classes.

(So play what is most fun ;-)
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Abyssofthor

BloodAngel