[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Muir most ridiculous boss in vindictus

Comments

• ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    what fix? you know you can knock him off w/o getting his hp to 1 right >_>?
    even with the stupid fix for cry babies we gonna get, it wouldve still be shorter to just knock him off instead of dealing the additional dmg we gonna need for the extra bars we now gotta take care off lol
  • FunnyGuy112FunnyGuy112
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    edited March 4, 2017
    Zuzuk wrote: »
    what fix? you know you can knock him off w/o getting his hp to 1 right >_>?
    even with the stupid fix for cry babies we gonna get, it wouldve still be shorter to just knock him off instead of dealing the additional dmg we gonna need for the extra bars we now gotta take care off lol

a7fa637bd05141ad216c93c97c65ecfb2d4d290ef2ccf62ea8048fa64beec09d.jpg

That's not the counter argument to desync, but if reading comprehension is going to be hard then there's no point in replying to people like you. Once again, mechanics isn't the problem, it's not hard to dodge muir and not fall off. The problem is when he's facing a certain direction where HE CAN FALL OF but he's actually facing a DIFFERENT direction and makes it so that he doesn't fall off making the fight A LOT LONGER than it should take.
    Gewellirious
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    i have a hard time believing there's "desync" on a solo battle where everything is resolved on your computer, unless there's something unique about your pc
  • FunnyGuy112FunnyGuy112
    edited March 4, 2017
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    i have a hard time believing there's "desync" on a solo battle where everything is resolved on your computer, unless there's something unique about your pc

It DOES happen, I wish I could've captured a video where I did a tail break-off as I hit his face. I'm assuming I'm not the only one experiencing this phenomenon that is quite close to desync when the video on the first page kinda shows what I'm talking about.

Like you can say L2P all you want, but this fight could be a lot more well designed.
  • MelnaaMelnaa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,075
    edited March 4, 2017
    Does NA Muir teleports away from edge? EU Muir did that.
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    Op, you know you don't have to wait for the message saying to hit his back leg right? right? xD

After it says it for the first time @3bars, you can start hitting right back leg, his right not yours. So start luring him to face the edge and use a spear if you cant do it with your skills.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited March 4, 2017
    Well yes Muir's mechanics are meh but its nothing too bad and hes good for 'farming' paradise stones if you have multiple chars like me.
    I can easily do 5 runs/day without vip if I want to,could be more but I'm too lazy for that:P

I just let him destroy one side before 8 bars,hang on the cliff then drop the ball on purpose or trans,etc.
    Let him destroy the other side during the fight and also do breakoff.
    After 3 bars,avoid his attack while hes somewhat facing the edge and throw a spear at his back,don't even have to aim his leg or whatever.

This way its over in barely a few mins,even with my abandoned alt chars.

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Melnaa wrote: »
    Does NA Muir teleports away from edge? EU Muir did that.

He only does that if he's pushed into the zone that's supposed to trigger the falling cutscene without doing so. After a few seconds he'll cancel his current action and basically be /escape'd to the middle.
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    edited March 4, 2017
    Lol desync. Sad excuse for not knowing how to fight muir. Yes he can sometimes still bug out and you will no longer be able to trigger his knockback animation but this happens very rarely these days.

Muir is a solo battle which means your internet has nothing to do with it. This game run on client side which means youre the host. There servers are only for player data and royal raids. Players hosted boats are all peer2peer. So again dont blame it on Muir, you clearly lack the patience and skill to fight figure out the fight.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    But if you defeat him too fast, you got to wait few minutes penalty anyway D:
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    3 pages and people still didn't understand the point of this thread, funny.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Not quite as bad as the Blade & Soul or BDO forums, but this is still pretty sad.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    SirRFI wrote: »
    But if you defeat him too fast, you got to wait few minutes penalty anyway D:

But what if I live for seeing how high I can get the timer to go? : (
    Gewellirious
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    Abandono wrote: »
    Buy a pet, stand close to an opening, done. ;)

I used panda bear to knock him off...
    Unless we re getting that update that you can kill Muir without knocking him off the bridge
  • FunnyGuy112FunnyGuy112
    Rakushu wrote: »
    Abandono wrote: »
    Buy a pet, stand close to an opening, done. ;)

I used panda bear to knock him off...
    Unless we re getting that update that you can kill Muir without knocking him off the bridge

So it's inevitable anyways? Good riddance if it is. I could care less if they nerf the paradise stones by a few %s with the "fix"
  • RenkotsuRenkotsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    I still get knocked down occasionally from this hoe , im glad some class can skip his annoying 1 hit aoe , the one where you gonna do a mini QTE game , totally useless , the same can be said for that dumbass that tought it was a cool idea to have to knock muir off the ledge in order to win , why not just play a cutscene once he reach zero hp and just fall off.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    Wait, what? Didn't they fix Muir in Korea so now he auto falls by himself (commits suicide) when you reach 3 bars?

If you hate that gimmick so much just wait for that Quality of Life update.... Or what is this thread about? The mini-game? You can bypass it with trans or a ulti.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    giphy.gif this part is fun tho ...
  • LordAlucardLordAlucard
    Useless boss fight, they really should remove him! He is just annoying nothing else.
    How can someone like this time waster ?

They should remove him from the base story and make him exclusive to Ein Lacher.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    why remove? some players still do it, dont know why though , but why it bothers?