[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

cant search for specific enchant scroll?

BluntForceBluntForce
Vindictus Rep: 1,065
in General Discussion
why?

Comments

• TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    +1

It's such a pain to have to slowly scroll through the entire marketplace & search for a specific scroll. It doesn't help that the scrolls aren't listed in any obvious order.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    *quickly presses page forward 20 times, then presses page backward 20 times* Yeah, scrolls in MP in a nutshell.
    hi5josh
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Worked for me today, in EU server.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    edited March 3, 2017
    Tetsujin wrote: »
    +1

It's such a pain to have to slowly scroll through the entire marketplace & search for a specific scroll. It doesn't help that the scrolls aren't listed in any obvious order.

You usually have to scroll to page 10 and then back to page one and they all refresh. They're actually ordered fairly well, higher rank enchants come up first (7>8>9>A>) and then they're ordered by what scroll it is and their price. It's pretty simple to navigate.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    try: advanced search>material>enchant

for criterion, i haven't figured out how prefix/suffix work, but searching with the stats you need works pretty well. e.g. minimum 5 crit brings up stigma, spirited, master etc.
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Sure, there's workarounds to make the process slightly less painful.

It still doesn't answer why we can't just type "Immoral" in the search box & it'll bring up all the Immoral Enchant scrolls ??!!
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    sorry youre right. clearly the devs are so completely out of touch that they couldn't have seen this obvious solution or they are so spiteful as to not include it just to make us miserable.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    They broke the search feature with an update a while back. It used to be that you could at least put the scroll name in the prefix/suffix area. Now you can't even do that and they never acknowledged it IIRC.
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited March 3, 2017
    The search feature works for me.
    Just saying.

I guess everyone else posted their work around already, but what I do is:
    In the prefix/suffix box, don't type out the full name, just Immor is good enough.
    Also, case of the first letter matters.
    2edgy4uYuria100Tabbed
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited March 4, 2017
    jjX wrote: »
    Just saying.

In the prefix/suffix box, don't type out the full name, just Immor is good enough.

You're refering to the Advance Searched. Never tried it till today. Thank for the tip.

xQjCJEF.png
    OkatsuAnthonytonyboy
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Just saying.

That's not a working feature. That's a workaround for a *broken* feature. A broken feature that Nexon should fix ASAP.

*Why* should I not be able to find an Immoral Scroll if I just type "Immoral" in the simple search box ?
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited March 4, 2017
    Because of how it's coded. Or at least, how I guess it's coded.

I bet $20 that the way scrolls work is there's one item, "Enchant Scroll", with the word "Immoral" under the name attribute and various stats under another attribute.
    Notice that if you Shift+Click an item it puts its official name into the marketplace search box. If you Shift+Click an enchant scroll what pops up is..."Enchant Scroll".

I understand it seems dumb. It seems simple.
    But I'm not so ignorant of code to call this a "simple fix". I know what it would probably entail: a full overhaul of how Vindi handles items.
    That would be "*Why*"

I understand the sudden uptick, since the merge, of attacks based on principle--of specifically declaring the existing workaround "intolerable" and demanding Nexon's attention. I recognize the kind of post from two years ago. Those were ignored to death.

Good luck demanding a fix. I sympathize. I won't hold my breath.
    2edgy4u
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited March 4, 2017
    It took Noobcat 4 years to implement the feature of being able to put scrolls on the marketplace. A function that should've existed from the very beginning. You can easily expect them to add the ability to search scrolls by their name somewhere in 2019.

They're still learning how to code guys, give 'em time.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Tetsujin wrote: »
    Just saying.

That's not a working feature. That's a workaround for a *broken* feature. A broken feature that Nexon should fix ASAP.

*Why* should I not be able to find an Immoral Scroll if I just type "Immoral" in the simple search box ?

there is no pleasing some people