[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What do I do now as a returning player?

RyoukaiRyoukai
Vindictus Rep: 525
in General Discussion
I'm a returning player on the West server and I have no clue what to do now. Sitting at level 79 and I've reached the desert area in season 2. I'm fairly geared (poor +5 weapon, fully well-balanced wonderland set as an Evie), no gold (basically 5,000 gold on hand and trying to sell random junk on the market), 350/350 weaponsmithing, and no guild. Some help to guide me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

As far as goals, I guess I'd say making gold to replace my weapon and make my way towards level cap but I have no idea what to do for either of those other than continuing the storyline, but if there is an optimal way to powerfarm gold in my situation then I'd like to do that for a while to better gear up.

Comments

• TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    edited March 3, 2017
    -Finish your story. The game now giving you free good gear for reaching certain point in the story, so you don't have to worry about gearing up until lvl 90.
    -Log in daily and stay online for good stuff, especially in the weekend. Check website's event posts for more info.
    -Next week we have 2x expertise, so you can wait for it to level up your crafting with cheap mats.
    -During the s3 story, you will get some Paradise stone that you can save to enhance your gear later, a lot of godly mats (cloth, iron ore, leather) that worth, Lvl 90 essence and shards that worth quite a bit on MP. When you see a glowing orange light pillar, that's when you make some big money.

Just in case you are not familiar with lvl 90 gear system, check this out: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vindictus/wiki/index
  • RyoukaiRyoukai
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    Between the West and East servers, which is more active? I actually have a character on both with the character on the west only a little bit ahead, so I don't mind playing on either.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    -Finish your story. The game now giving you free good gear for reaching certain point in the story, so you don't have to worry about gearing up until lvl 90.

they're already past the last story that gives equipment though (lvl 80 set after kraken story). i'd say just keep using the wonderland since that has better offense than cbp set you would have gotten and the low defense promotes good gameplay.

as for gold farm, es prices are pretty much at an all time low. consequently magic elixirs are slightly higher than usual. i'd say farm two moons, for which staffie is one of the most efficient classes. even though element stones are kind of cheap now, scythe being an incredibly efficient twilight desert tree farmer (with 100 gathering skill that you can grind in the first room of td) can still get decent income flow. if you care about having fun more than grinding, join raids once you're 80, though as i mentioned, es prices are low but you can get a head start on enchanting your own set. most groups wouldn't mind a staffie with a weak weapon joining if you use corona and regenerate often. watch for the announcement for soap when in town and use the daily kitty potion in mail for easy extra stats.