[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Change Reset Time for EU

ChaeldarChaeldar
Vindictus Rep: 1,465
edited February 17, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
I understand the commodity behind having the servers' reset and maintenance all at the same time, but it's extremely impractical and frustrating for EU, because it's gonna catch most of the players in the middle of the gaming session.

I somewhat understand if you want server maintenance to be all at the same time (even though it'll still be rather upsetting for us since it'll be during the afternoon), but considering the reset is automated, couldn't ours be pushed to a better time, such as midnight UTC?
SukiLiOsurDexkill
  1. Should the reset time in EU be changed to something better?37 votes
    1. Yes!
       84% (31 votes)
    2. No.
       8% (3 votes)
    3. I don't really care.
       8% (3 votes)

Comments

• JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Oeh, I thought it was 6 AM. Rip.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • PomPom
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    Hey everyone, I'm here to relay a very big flaw in the new merge in my -and lots of other's- opinion. The reset times for battles and raids for EU are currently around 6PM, which is, if you think about it, really terrible.

Let's say you have to work today, and have weekend the day after:
    You go to work, and get home in the evenings. Then you log on to vindictus for some good old raids with your friends. Tomorrow is your day off, you've worked hard the whole week, and deserve a day off to play games. So the next day you log on to vindictus, and notice that you cannot do any raids or daily battles, because you've done them yesterday already and the reset is at 6PM. That leaves you with an empty vindictus schedule for the whole day until 6PM.

I think it would be really for the best if the European server gets their battle resets at 8:00 AM like we used to get, also in terms of daily playerbase activity. Having the maintainances late is one thing, but ultimately, that is something that can be accepted and dealt with. But having the daily battle reset so late is something I don't think anyone would want dealing with permanently. I also think it's not really a big effort to change the reset automation, and should be an achievable goal and genuine improvement to the game.

All the best,
    Pom Pom
  • LordSuizidLordSuizid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    edited February 17, 2017
    Its a change and changes are always complicated.
    But for me its an good time. when i dont have the time to log in in the evening, i knew im not be able to do the raids couse they would get reset in the morning. And you never was able to get a full pt goin in the morning. now i can do them in the afternoon aswell. i also can start doin some for the next day just in case i know im not able to get on before 6pm.
    I dont see there a big Problem... just the Problem that it is smth new and we need to get used to it.
    Also event items that are Date bound will not dissapear at 8am in the morning now ur still able to activate em through the day.
    I cant count how many items i lost just bc i didnt log in before 8 am.

• ChaeldarChaeldar
    Bumping this, would like a response from staff if possible
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    well this does allow you to login every other day and get 2x the limited runs done in one session
    SirRFI
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    well this does allow you to login every other day and get 2x the limited runs done in one session
    This ↑. I initially voted for yes, but for raiding or doing day-specific things like Tower of Struggle (using old name on purpose here) is actually beneficial from current reset time.
  • ChaeldarChaeldar
    It's great when you think of it that way, but it's frustrating when you get home and get a reset halfway through. There is nothing stopping you from doing the same at a later reset, such as 11pm or midnight.
  • NorithNorith
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    Still no comment from Nexon side?
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    does the reset actually disrupt your gameplay in any way?
  • ChaeldarChaeldar
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    does the reset actually disrupt your gameplay in any way?

It does because the reset is at 5pm for me and now I'm forced to either play early and get everything done before the reset or play late after the reset. I can't play during the afternoon as I used to because I'll be doing "tomorrow's" raids, if that makes sense.
    I understand the utility of having an earlier reset, but I'm pretty sure a reset from 10pm to midnight would still be helpful for the players who want to do all raids in one session and it wouldn't be as disruptive for people who want to do raids twice in a day or are worried about a certain event item expiring.
  • LordAlucardLordAlucard
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    edited March 13, 2017
    They could change it to the afternoon, they could also change the time for the events! instead from 16:00 - 22:00 they coud start at 18:00 or 19:00.....

The people that give your some money arn't the kids and the teens, they are the adults that work the wohle day!
    See nobody is happy, it dosn't matter what they do ;-)
    Anthonytonyboy
  • DexkillDexkill
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    Now 2 hour...