[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why is Arisha considered "Hard to play"?

SifTheWolfSifTheWolf
Vindictus Rep: 415
in Arisha
Compared to other classes, what makes her more difficult?

Also how does she play input wise?

Comments

• LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    - Directional dodge has very few i-frames
    - Her block has a very short and unforgiving animation (unlike Fiona who can hold shield forever, or staff Evie who can hold amber for 3 whole seconds or Vella who can stay in the cross stance for 0.6 seconds)
    - Ruin Blade requires a sequence of keys (wsadadws) to get an enhanced attack (I personally don't find it "hard" but some players struggle with it).
    - Some of her skills require timing in order to get mana bonus (Counter Drain)
    - Resonance requires timing and positioning (unlike nuke or Raze)
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Nah imo that is not true.. as someone who just started to play in pre, arisha is so far the easiest char for me to fully adjust to the new mechanic..(compared with Staffie and Fiona)

• SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    edited February 18, 2017
    Lavonne wrote: »
    - Ruin Blade requires a sequence of keys (wsadadws) to get an enhanced attack (I personally don't find it "hard" but some players struggle with it).
    And impossible to perform if you get the slightest lag, delay or spike because the game wont recognize the input keys in time.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited February 18, 2017
    Think the part where she hard came before lvl 90 gear came out where Arisha would have very low def compare to strenth chars since she was an int char. This made Arisha very unforgiving when getting hit. This was the main reason why korean player said she was hard.

Now with the lvl 90 and soon to be lvl 95 gear i have no idea where the "Arisha is hard" thing is coming from.

I don't want to go to the compare her with other char rout since some char have A higher skill of entry and high skill ceiling then her and some have low of each and in different combination there of.

In the end, I find Arisha not hard compared to how she was at release before level 90 gear came out.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    I personally don't find Arisha particularly difficult, but especially for people who are not as experienced I can definetely see how she's more difficult to manage than some other characters.
    There are just more things you need to have an eye on, which would be hard for those who don't know the bosses and controls too well. You need to be careful with dodging/blocking, the position of your Mana Crystal, using Mana, SP, Diffusion Warp, the two crystal explosions and Counter Drain as efficiently as possible and stuff like that, which is a whole lot more compared to most other chars.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    edited February 18, 2017
    She's not really difficult. Moreso her gameplay feels a lot different compared to other characters with traditional LLLLR type of combos.
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Her dodge and block can be chained and pretty forgiving. Don't spam arcane flurry recklessly and manage your mana. She's not that hard.
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    it can be annoying to cycle thru all the sp/active skills. put mana tracer, counter drain, and ruin blade in quickslots
  • Nakrast_FreecssNakrast_Freecss
    Vindictus Rep: 535
    The only 'hard' thing arisha has is the ruin blade combo :)
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited February 19, 2017
    Arisha used to be difficult to use pre-s3 due to being an int char. Int gear lvl 80 and under are severely underpowered compared to str counterparts to balance out mana shield and magic mastery; neither of which arisha gets. Focus is nowhere near enough to make up for other equipment pieces being so much weaker. Arisha also has 1300 lower base HP, low base stamina, and the worst stamina efficiency of any character; making it very very easy to run out of stamina and get 1 - 2 shotted.

Currently, the only hard part about arisha is how unforgiving she is toward lag. Many moves do not function properly when having even a 0.5s delay, because you cannot que them in advance. Characters with can que moves suffer much less so from delay.

- Arisha is awful at moving quickly.. dodge tracer somewhat fix this issue.. but slight lag can easily turn this into dodge + grab, making you move way slower instead.
    - SP tracer can result in you not moving at all if lagging, while the skill still goes on cooldown and clear your tag.
    - Arisha's dodge cannot be que'd after a failed block. You cannot just block/dodge spam to deal with things like neit ohko if you lag.
    - Ruin blade enhance can fail to function if you suffer packet loss while casting it, locking yourself in a long animation where you can be slapped.
    - Arisha's block does not start up instantly; having ping delay can easily result in hits going right through your block despite it appearing functional on your own screen. Fifi/delia with frame 1 block would take far higher ping to have block fail.
    - Delay can easily cause your counter drain to take sp and go on cooldown, but without ever activating; or make you get hit during counter drain despite the perfect drain animation and sound being played.
    (As a bonus, not all arcane flurry hits will deal damage if your lag is bad enough, but would still consume stamina/mana.)
    MochiSweetPrototypemindPixelPantsuLachanche
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    edited February 19, 2017
    Hally wrote: »

- Ruin blade enhance can fail to function if you suffer packet loss while casting it, locking yourself in a long animation where you can be slapped.

I have run a test before in XE. I'm not sure if the case is the same here in Pre.

The Ruin blade keypress detection in Vindictus(XE) works in a different way compared to other similar games. Normally players tend to press the keys as fast as possible, so it could happen that player A press the keys in the right order like : w-s-a-d-a-d-w-s, but then loosing the keys in the order like this : sw-a-d-a-d-w-s, and it doesn't trigger enhanced ruin blade.

To be brieft, the skill description is somewhat wrong and confusing. In oder to succeed, you need to loose the keypress in the right order . Merely to input the wsadadws is not enough

• MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited February 19, 2017
    @Hally yea as a always-2-bars arisha those all true and some i didnt even notice. Some additions are resonance also fail to deal damage while it still force you to do the animation and take sp. Warp also can teleport you far away from your focus, died alot in lugh because i warped outside the ring even my focus was staying at the center -.-

In some rare cases while i had worse lag, RB also slash immediately after activated, made me fail to wsadadws it. (Normally you have around 1 second after activating to wsadadws until it do a slash animation) . This also happened to my delia's wildstar, animation got canceled and did no damage.
  • NautimPortantNautimPortant
    Vindictus Rep: 645
    Currently, the only hard part about arisha is how unforgiving she is toward lag. Many moves do not function properly when having even a 0.5s delay, because you cannot que them in advance. Characters with can que moves suffer much less so from delay.

Every character is unforgiving towards lag(except pillar karok).
    to OP;
    Arisha ain't hard. You go in mana mode and never run out of mana nowdays, friggin ridiculous. She got dodges blocks everything to survive.
    SifTheWolfDNAnthraX
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985

Every character is unforgiving towards lag(except pillar karok).

Not true at all. most characters can que moves in advance. While the timing is more difficult, especially in the case of lynn or lann, it is not impossible to compensate for a 1s ping delay. This is not the case for arisha, many of her moves plainly do not function properly with that kind of ping delay.

As an arisha, if you are always in mana mode and never run out of mana; you are either fighting a boss that doesn't allow attacking frequently (such as neam), or you are playing very poorly and missing out on a lot of dps windows.

Right now, it is very easy to use arisha to not be a deadweight, but few players actually gets most of her potential put to use.
  • UgroPNZUgroPNZ
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    right now im lvling her and compare to other classes i played i can say shes not hard but high effort low reward character thats it
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    edited February 22, 2017
    UgroPNZ wrote: »
    right now im lvling her and compare to other classes i played i can say shes not hard but high effort low reward character thats it

That's weird. The Korean team designated Arisha as "high risk-high reward" kind of character. And as such, they made slight changes on her because of the high defense of the 90 gear:
    -Mana blade makes arisha lose 10% defense
    -During the cooldown of Diffusion Warp, arisha loses 10% further more defense

To me this makes practicaly no diference (except on neamhain, damn she hits haaaaaard), but thats it, arisha is made to have a great explosive ammount of DPS once you know how to use her.

I leveled every single vindictus char up to 80+, none of them was as easy as leveling up a second arisha (for an event) since I knew how to play already.
    She realy is a monster
  • UgroPNZUgroPNZ
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited February 24, 2017
    i can only confirm that shes insane on lvl 90 cos of items compare to what you have while lvling
    idk i played xbow kai before and his dmg just insane compare to her at the same lvl while you also need to do a lot of stuff to make it work correctly
    thats the point most of other characters doesnt forced to do smth they just facerolling maybe they deal less dmg but their gameplay much easier itself

*because of the high defense of the 90 gear:
    -Mana blade makes arisha lose 10% defense
    -During the cooldown of Diffusion Warp, arisha loses 10% further more defense*
    exactly and just make her weaker pre 90
    that 90 lvl difference make her just a different character

im going to lvl tsw vella just in case (this lol arisha ezpz)
  • Tatsumaki9001Tatsumaki9001
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    She aint that hard just has alot of cd stuff to keep track of
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    It's been years since Arisha's release and we still have the wholly incorrect rumor that she is difficult to play.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    They just need to get rid of the ruin blade combo, everything else is fine.