[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Shining keaghan thoughts?

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    If it were in a bigger area it would be more fun. Something to mix things up, doe.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited February 17, 2017
    Hally wrote: »
    Ran it 3 times yesterday, got bored after. No titles, no worthwhile drops, little to no entertainment value. It is basically hero kaeghan/shakarr, with much lower attack thrown into one map; with the OHKOs removed. (They do double digit damage against 20k def.)

This new "raid" feels like filler content more than anything else.

Why would you bother running that with 20k def? You already know that level of def = easy face tank mode.

If it were in a bigger area it would be more fun. Something to mix things up, doe.

I think the small map is actually good for these 2 bosses. The only interesting part is when you have both of them in reach of hitting you ;-)
  • AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    6RlIZoH.png
    Is shining keag a NA only thing? Weird that there was no news about it being released in KR.

The raid just seems pointless. The stat requirements are higher than nif/RRs/s3 raids, yet they dont drop anything that people with end game stats want. Practically everyone I know with end game stats is not bothering because they "ceebs" or because it drops nothing they want (as they have full scrolls, etc).

Except for the free graces event, getting people to do this raid is like pulling teeth. The people who do want the drops wont touch it because its too hard for them and they would rather spam s2/s3 raids which are much easier and faster.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    @Question2 it's also in KR. But it was released a while ago, about half a year before.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    It's pretty rusty to be honest. Shining Keaghan is not so shiny after all.
    QuinqueGewelliriousAnthonytonyboy
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    I tried the battle once and I'm not gonna go there again. As if Keaghan alone wasn't annoying enough, they had to put such a big ass boss as Shakarr in there, which makes it near impossible to see tiny Keaghan's attacks if they happen to be in the same spot.
    All in all not worth the efford in my opinion.
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    Out of the 15ish runs I've done, I've only gotten one bracelet box as a notable reward. It isn't really worth the effort imo, but honestly I enjoy any sort of unique content so I won't complain too much
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    A lot of the time when I try to perfect absorb second form Keaghan's uppercut-explosion trail attack like usual, the perfect frames don't get extended into the explosion hits for some reason. It's really annoying when it happens and standing endurance procs, I'm pretty much dead at that point.

3/10 would not bother if I wasn't playing Karok
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    edited February 23, 2017
    If I weren't a sword vella I would no doubt in my mind never touch this raid. But it's easy enough for me to solo in average 5 minutes so I bother with it.

It's a good source of enhancement elixirs, I GUESS.
  • QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    Not as fun and rewarding as Niflheim or Neamhain. Fail.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Ran it once, it was meh. Never again.
    What's next?
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    DownIoad wrote: »
    What's next?

Blood Lord/Ekinar, or Ingkells/Idontremember.
  • MiseryindexMiseryindex
    Vindictus Rep: 1,455
    They should've implemented keaghan's 1hit ko move, otherwise pretty stale recycled raid dungeon.
    What's next?

Ingkells/Kakrish
    I wonder myself why kakrish of all bosses.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited February 23, 2017
    There is also Larken/Ikrium :)
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Ferghus/Brynn dual raid.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited February 25, 2017
    this raid is great for one thing, bringing down the price of Enhancement Elixir and a good source of them aswell. It annoying dealing with keaghan spamming balls while your sight is block by shikar but it fun to play. Them Elixir tho.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    People who want elixirs generally farm hero mode which is much faster/easier than putting together a party of 6 players with end game stats.
    DownIoad
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Keaghan and Shakirr... You know if keaghan's sword didn't Cut through invulnerable frames, maybe some peeps would actually stand a chance rather than just oh idk, hoping to tank a hit and live.

ball attacks are completely invisible even on high settings, along with some of keaghs wave attacks during the 2nd phase. Especially annoying when he spams it 4-5 times in a row. His sword somehow hits when you're on his backside.

The raid is essentially Destroy the "meat shield" and then turn it into hero keaghan from there.

If I wanted to have BS recycled content, at least try NOT to make it buggy to the point where some classes can't even play it... if at all. I'm not surprised if anyone can't host this without dropping frames to near unplayable levels.

I mean, just what's the point of this raid anyway other than get more overly inflated egos to berate other players that can't even survive 15 seconds into the fight because of some BS invisible projectile spam?

At first I was excited when it came out, but now it's just another annoying Sausage-fest... LITERALLY.

BTW spoilers: the rare from there is an enchant pouch... Like wow, you can do other s2/3 raids and get an R7 scroll without the false hope of getting a bag and having an expectation of getting righteous only to get stigma when you open it. Literally the biggest middle finger I gotten since first release S2E4.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    They should've implemented keaghan's 1hit ko move, otherwise pretty stale recycled raid dungeon.
    What's next?

Ingkells/Kakrish
    I wonder myself why kakrish of all bosses.

So that they can cross spam their cascading sword stroke? That second version of Kakrish can be pretty annoying.