[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lynn: Concepts and information regarding use.

LaharLahar
Vindictus Rep: 1,285
edited June 27, 2017 in Lynn
A how to guide to using Lynn.

======================================================================================================

General concept of using Lynn when you have all the skills unlocked.

1) Trigger Furious Tiger
2) Land Swift Assassin
Detonate 10 golden marks for high damage.

When you don't have enough time simply using: Iron Monkey
Is understandable with either the first or both hits.

Divine Spear: makes Swift Assassin blue marks into gold ones for extra damage.
Chambers of Death does good damage for a low amount of meter and is easy to cancel out of.

Furious Tiger followed by Long Armed Devil is also used at times.
Jade Fox is useful if you have a lot of meter.

New players
Which skills are most important to get first.

1. Get every skill to it's second rank at first
2. Get Fishtail pole, Swift Assassin to rank A
3. Get Smash Mastery high level
4. Your able to max out every other skill eventually

Defense Moves

Thunder Leg
A short distance flip that dodges most enemy moves except for very few boss moves.

Little Rat
A quick hit followed by a long distance backwards leap that blocks most moves, can be used to safely gain distance.
When hit your able to press Space Bar again to teleport behind an enemy, useful for continuing combos from behind. Counter version must be used during a massive radius attack.

Combos

L = Left mouse click
R = Right mouse click
SB = Space Bar

SB R
SB RR
LR
LLRR = 1 Swift Assassin
LLLRR = 1 Swift Assassin
LLLLRR = 2 Swift Assassin

Buffs

Swift Assassin
When landing a combo on the last hit it marks the enemy with a blue mark or a well timed gold mark.

Moves that trigger the explosion of Swift Assassin Marks
1. Five Finger death = Trigger move that sets off explosive marks
2. Iron Flag = A safe long distance ranged blast
3. Flying Snow = A short distance higher damage move. Wasteful if not used during Jade Fox buff.

Long Armed Devil = A special move that quickly adds gold Swift Assassin marks. Able to add 4 or 6 in total with it's additional input.
Divine Spear = Turns blue Swift Assassin marks into gold ones. Gold marks also called Zhen Swift Assassin.

Jade Fox

1. Grants a very small instance of full protection of all boss moves.
2. Drains your sp meter fully.
3. Able to spam your moves multiple times for a tad less special meter.
4. Able to use Flying Snow move for very little meter as a finisher.

Furious Tiger

Killer Dart = Rush attack
Little Rat = Smack hit / either in a teleport counter or just a backwards leap

Furious Tiger buff is hitting with either. A max Furious Tiger buff is hitting with both of those moves.
Furious Tiger allows for an additional Swift Assassin or two additional Swift Assassin marks per each combo.

Must have item
Greater Mysterious Cat Statue

a. At level 40 go to pvp arena
b. Get up to 70 seals per week
C. Save up 200 seals for greater Cat Statue = 1 SP meter every 70 seconds
Location is at Rocheste Castle, behind the big water fountain. Chat with the guard to trade seals.
The pvp arena can be accessed by the small icon on the bottom left of your screen in most lobby locations.

Player versus player tip:
1) Combo LR can hit other payers into the air
2) Follow the combo with LLRR and the trigger move Five Finger Death and a last hit using Little Rat
3) Make use of Iron Monkey and PVP grab at times among other things

On enemies.

It is highly recommended to get the Greater Mysterious Cat Statue as soon as possible. On tougher basic enemies the move Divine Spear is highly advisable. Lacking a strong knock back effect Lynn can at least spam damage and bypass enemies with Divine Spear.

As for bosses if your taking damage you should be blocking, dodging or attacking at a different time. Includes simply ignoring a combo you already started just to make sure you don't clash into a hit when landing your own move.

High damage

1. Killer Dart / Little Rat
2. Combo for swift assassin --- Repeat
3. Divine Spear
4. Little Rat quickly enough to hit the boss during divine spear
5. Repeat combo without going into killer dart --- Go to repeat
6. 10 Swift Assassin marks - trigger explosion

This is doing as much damage as possible on bosses quickly.

Very high damage

1. Jade fox
2. Chambers of death - repeat

"Chambers of Death" is a very close range move but deals high damage for this character.
Use normal attacks to get closer after jumping, it requires very close touching range.

I often use "Divine Spear" for lesser enemies.
Zupsero

Comments

• LaharLahar
    edited February 22, 2017
    I have both a level 90 Arisha and level 90 Lynn.
    Lynn is not an easy character. That is my fair answer.

2017_02_20_0052_2.jpg
    2017_02_20_0109_2.jpg
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited February 23, 2017
    Sorry if this sounds harsh, but not only is this guide lacking information and detail, but it is also unfocused, deceptive, and discouraging all at the same time.

EDIT:
    The revisions look good, and the guide now has a solid foundation and consistency that doesn't discourage playing Lynn.

If I discouraged you from writing a "how to" guide, that was not my intention. Instead of renaming the thread and scrapping the idea, I was actually hoping you'd give more detail on your play-style to enforce the teaching aspect of your guide and give players more direction. Details like common "Lynn traps" to avoid or good habits to develop. Failing situations and moments of doubt are when players need the most instruction.

For example, I find that it is a common Lynn trap to reach 7/10 Swift Assassin marks and then continuously try and land Flying Guillotine with a Little Rat tiger. Players will often get hit by the boss or outright miss, and then continue using "Gambling Guillotine" because of their mindset even though it is better just to use alternative methods of getting 3 stacks.

A high point in your guide has been about the Greater Mysterious Cat Statue artifact. You anticipated that players may not know how to obtain one, and then provided that information. You also previously commented about using Divine Spear to burn extra SP, it is directions like these that inexperienced players look for. If you can justify things like "Why Cat Statue?" and "Why Divine spear?" then that would also help keep the guide from being cut and dry.
  • LaharLahar
    edited February 22, 2017
    I'm telling you Lynn isn't an easy and over powered character.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited February 21, 2017
    It's a nice thought and I'm not saying you're wrong; but unfortunately moves aren't as black and white as we'd all like them to be. There's plenty of factors to consider that affects which smash you could use in situations including but not limited to speed, boss attack pattern, possible counter attacks, your ability to react, latency, etc.
    For instance, in Zecallion, I can centipede during his phase 2 three hit combo and just time the guillotine just as he does the third hit so I can 'dodge' it while hitting him with the back-swing of guillotine. On the flipside, you lose plenty of heavier smash openings in Ein Lacher because a lot of the bosses have turn swipes that could ruin your gold run.
    Even the most common and basic of Lynn habits which is to always little rat out of every smash, isn't applicable to Neamhain. If you just little rat post smash with her wantonly, you'll grow to hate her donut AOE very, very fast.

There's plenty more of stuff like this, but those are the little nuances that define your Lynn. Some people like to use wind step more, some people prefer thunder leg -> Nx4. Some people prefer saving SP for LADs, some people prefer detonating with flags every time. Some people prefer doing 2 ratstep > poles, while others prefer ratleg N->4 guillotine.
  • Order5Order5
    Breadman wrote: »
    There's plenty more of stuff like this, but those are the little nuances that define your Lynn. Some people like to use wind step more, some people prefer thunder leg -> Nx4. Some people prefer saving SP for LADs, some people prefer detonating with flags every time. Some people prefer doing 2 ratstep > poles, while others prefer ratleg N->4 guillotine.

I think Lahar was aiming for a more cookie-cutter guide, and there's nothing wrong with that. Some people feel guides should be loose to promote freedom and exploration, but others like the theoretical "best" way of doing things because it requires less thinking and brain-work (even if they don't have the skills or gear to perform that way).
  • LaharLahar
    edited February 22, 2017
    Do not post here if you disagree and have negative things to say.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    edited February 21, 2017
    Lahar wrote: »
    Your just wrong.

I'm wrong :(
  • Order5Order5
    edited February 23, 2017
    Lahar wrote: »
    Do not post here if you disagree and have negative things to say.

So what if I just disagree or just have negative things to say...I'm kidding.

I edited my early comment in response to your revisions. I honestly did not mean to make you feel terrible, and I probably take things too seriously. However, I feel that writing guides is not as simple as what you initially posted, and that as both writers and experienced Lynns, we need to be responsible about the things we post. It's one of the reasons why I haven't written a tutorial guide, just resources. If it makes you feel better, unlike me, you had the courage to even start one.
  • SunrisePDISunrisePDI
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    Hello
    Idd like add of my playing experience with Lynn, maybe give for new players a small picture of play routine. Im not pefect with it soo...
    I just add basic fight style not a hole guide xD so please...

Start off with Killer Dart toget the buff from ur enemy (Furious Tiger) and Little rat to step back ull get zhen Furious Tiger
    With Flying Guillotine you get 4 Marks! or 3 marks for Fishtail Pole and Drunk Mantis

You must done both skills once (Little Rat and Killer Dart) toget the zhen Furious Tiger.

Nice thing from KD is you dont have to do the full dance for ur Combo Fishtail Pole , Drunk Mantis and Flying Guillotine.
    Faster getting your combo. KD can be done short without charge and do the combo right behind it (R-LLRR R-LLLRR etc..)

FP = Fishtail Pole
    DM = Drunk Mantis
    FG = Flying Guillotine

Basic routine for 10 Marks
    [KD--->FG = 3M] + [LiRa --> KD -->FG = 4M] + [LiRa --> KD --> DM or FP = 3M]

You can combine the combo or buff you like but depens what boss you fight.
    The sample shows 3 combo's toget quick 10Marks on your target.

Its kindta waste of time if you need 4 or 5 combo's toget 10marks and lynn isnt a high DPS class
    However some fast bosses or flying ones wont let u hit them so easy and FG is on those situations too slow (unless u have high atsp xD)
    I believe its the hardes part of lynn plus get the golden marks without mistake or u have to use Divine Spear

And sometimes i think...... AHHH WHATEVER let the blue marks BLOWW XD at least it hurt him, and get his juicy stamina xP
    to redo your lovely chrismas lights on your target and end up with fireworks!!!

• BreadmanBreadman
    SunrisePDI wrote: »
    And sometimes i think...... AHHH WHATEVER let the blue marks BLOWW XD at least it hurt him, and get his juicy stamina xP

You should almost always make sure you have a full bloom before you pop.
    The only times I'd not pop a stack is if I flubbed real bad and have 5+ blues, your enemy is about to die, or you have a fang heal activated and you need the heals asap.
  • SunrisePDISunrisePDI
    Vindictus Rep: 940

The only times I'd not pop a stack is if I flubbed real bad and have 5+ blues, your enemy is about to die, or you have a fang heal activated and you need the heals asap.

I do always 10 stacks i mean if i got too much blue that take much Divine Spear i dont bother it to make gold unless need only 3 or 2 to fix, yes i got Fang always nice to have ; ) I use it when i got halve of my HP
  • LaharLahar

I do always 10 stacks i mean if i got too much blue that take much Divine Spear i dont bother it to make gold unless need only 3 or 2 to fix, yes i got Fang always nice to have ; ) I use it when i got halve of my HP

I just use divine spear right after a combo for continued damage. Using Little Rat during divine spear makes it so I can have 2 swift assassin marks quickly. Taking the time to do killer dart into little rat takes up too much time.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Divine spear can upgrade up to 4 marks from blue to gold (3 hits with glaive then one hit dash) in Jade fox up to 5 (+1 additional dash). In the beginning of the dash you are invulnerable (it's very short time) so you can use it to dodge attacks (you can dodge Muir charge attack with it).

Note: To dash you have to use rightclick
  • ZatoxZatox
    Vindictus Rep: 755
    edited March 14, 2017
    Maybe somebody already wrote this (I did not read all posts +shy ),

One addition to the artifact usage;

Cat Statue is not really must have. Lynn is not a straight forward playstyle character, which heads into battle head-first.
    I think that your info is correct, but it is too subjective. Maybe you could mention the other artifacts?

I will give it a start:
    Greater Succubus Fang
    Great for defensive gameplay. Comes in handy at endgame raidbosses (Such as Neamhain). 10x Zhen gold marks + detonation refills can refill the Lynn players HP bar at once. For top-tier players this may fill up a minimum of 80% to 100% of the HP bar.

Also the werewolf paw is more for skilled Lynn players, who know the Lynn-class inside out. It is most effective to increase DPS. Maybe Vlad-chan can tell more about this?

2nd addition;
    My experience is that we Lynns are a lively subcommunity in the EU server. Lynn is indeed, one of the hardest chars to play. So to any new EU Lynn player, make good use of the Lynnchat if you need support in howto "Lynn" or other stuff. We Lynns help each other often ^_^

I do wonder, how is it in the non-EU servers? How is the Lynn subcommunity there?
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited March 14, 2017
    I have all 3 artifacts

Cat statue is stable dmg increase in almost every dung...
    SucubFang for survival...
    WerePaw for fun:
    + It gives you 20% + (your attack speed * 20%) speed
    what does it really mean? (as=attack speed) 20% in vindi is 40 as so if you have 0 as activating paw gives you 40 as
    but if you have 80 as then activating gives you 40 + 80*0.2 = 56 as so 136 as in total
    (in my case 82 as results in 138 as total)
    so more attack speed you have the more attack speed you gain...
    +/- It also increase all your actions speed so you run 20% faster, hook 20% faster, trow spears 20% faster, recover from attack etc. etc. but also die 20% cause all your dodges will now last 20% less time
    - If you activate paw and boss runs away you wasted your artefact (case of sucub fang you can almost instantly explode your marks, case of cat statue you just fill your sp bar so almost never wasted)
    - having more attack speed means that you apply golden marks differently so maybe you need to learn the timings again
    - with more attack speed is better to have more fps (in my case if I have more then 90 as with fps dropping to 15 it sometimes skip the last smash and noo dmg or marks aply, with 130 as having 20 fps also no good, with 160as 30fps no good - usually on lugh)

Edit:
    So imo for starting lynn greater cat statue is easy way for increasing dmg in dungs, if you have struggle surviving then succubus fang (or greater succub fang) and if you have good attack speed (probably >70 but don't know the exact value from where paw does more dmg then statue and it varies depending on dungs), you don't struggle landing enhanced marks with higher as, have high fps and you can attack boss constantly for 30 sec then greater werewolf paw is the way to have more fun playing and do better dmg...^^
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I'm not sure if the window changes at all with more AS, but the timing for the marks feels like it lines up better with more. Doing much better with a +12 glaive than I was with low speed.
  • LaharLahar
    edited June 27, 2017
    Lynn's defensive moves are not great compared to some characters especially compared to Sylas.
  • LaharLahar
    A major tip for all Lynn players, using "chambers of death" during "jade fox" is how Lynn can do high damage to try and match other characters. The first combo along with a greater mysterious cat statue is also good for building meter.