[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Abomination

Comments

• TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    IMO Abom is nowhere as bad as Bark. Actually, the swinging game is pretty easy and if I die, I would just lying there wait for feather. I don't like his animation though, it seem weird and frantic.
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Although the swinging is annoying, you could also always just not do it at all. Only 3 people need to do it (technically only 1, but it'd take longer). I only ever do it if I can tell no one else can for some reason. 90% of the time I try the bell is already rung before I even get to the first platform. So instead of spending "80% of the fight" doing the hooks, could always just let others do it.

Though it does suck that his stage 1 barrier has so much damage mitigation that even if you don't do the swinging you may as well be doing nothing anyway.
  • MiseryindexMiseryindex
    Vindictus Rep: 1,455
    I've to disagree on Bark being worse than Abomination. Bark is a pretty straightforward sandbag boss, you hit the switch and you go back and forward. Yes it's an extremely boring raid boss but that's it.
    Abomination like others mentioned, suffers from many problems and glitches. You've to go Tarzan mode most of the raid and die trying.
    I've to give it to Devcat though , if this boss didn't have the main material to make the new belt, no one will be running it , aside from title hunters.
  • ERRORERROR
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    Both abom and bark are well-designed raids. We need more like them.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    I've to disagree on Bark being worse than Abomination. Bark is a pretty straightforward sandbag boss, you hit the switch and you go back and forward. Yes it's an extremely boring raid boss but that's it.
    Abomination like others mentioned, suffers from many problems and glitches. You've to go Tarzan mode most of the raid and die trying.
    I've to give it to Devcat though , if this boss didn't have the main material to make the new belt, no one will be running it , aside from title hunters.

You forgot the part where AOE damage causes Bark to go berserk and spam missiles before you can kill all components. Also the very long invul times because he keeps moving back and forth at set intervals.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    ERROR wrote: »
    Both abom and bark are well-designed raids. We need more like them.

Maybe they'll give up on trying to match the difficulty of Neamhain + Neit with one boss in a new Redeemers battle and just make us fight an Abomination from on top of a giant Bark.
    Question2 wrote: »

You forgot the part where AOE damage causes Bark to go berserk and spam missiles before you can kill all components. Also the very long invul times because he keeps moving back and forth at set intervals.

Don't forget the occasional glitches where he takes off way too early, starts going down the tracks sideways, or just becomes straight up unkillable because someone used Temporal Shift on him. Both raids are trash though, I don't think this Abomination vs Bark discussion really needs to be had.
    GewelliriousBloodAngel
  • acticeactice
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    imo you get annoyed because you are experiencing non-mc lags. the hook is actually very easy, unless you are doing it on quick method, the initial position has changed a bit due to the walk/run switch.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited February 22, 2017
    Abomination is so easy, though.

Ekoolaid is the guy that attacks while not looking like he's attacking and doesn't attack while he looks like he's swinging claws right into your face. That's the BS boss that the developing team should be throat-punched for. -_-
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Abomination is actually a pretty fun raid overall if:
    1) There's a good host
    2) The party knows what they're doing
    3) You aren't playing a character that is highly speed-dependent who isn't quite geared up

The platforms are interesting and add a little flavor so long as again, there's no excess lag, though they can be a little tight with the timing depending. Miles better than Bark, though. No glitches leaving you in the run for an extra 20 minutes and with a good party a very fast kill. It's a pretty well done raid overall.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited February 23, 2017
    Except for that fact that he drops a second level 90 plate set which most people could care less about.

Abomination should have been the level 95 plate set, and Dullhan should have been the level cloth version at the same level. That would make more sense, progression wise.

They could have made Eochaid drop the level 85 belt mats too.
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    My only complaints with Abom are the glitchy chains and the battles where he spams that leg challenge and there aren't enough competent people to chain their way up to him in time.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited February 23, 2017
    weird i don't see he does leg grab move so often, only 1 or 2 times at most and sometimes he doesn't do it at all. Anyway no one cares about canceling it though, it doesn't punish you much if you fail.
    About chain, just avoid the 2 sides where you have to double chain if you have 2 bars ping, or just let those aren't lag to do it.
    Have to agree with some ppl that eochaid is more annoying than abom because the red attack spamming screws up melee characters alot.