[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Abomination

GewelliriousGewellirious
Vindictus Rep: 2,945
in General Discussion
Please fire immediately the persons that were in charge of this raid. This is the worst garbage I have ever seen.

/angry rant
Goddamn it, I'm even 100 times more fine to deal with broken Glas hitbox than this sh*t trash raid.

Also, as I come from EU I realised in PRE, he does that "grab the legs" move EVERYTIME after his membrane is destroyed like what ? So yeah, going PRE had to make this boss even more cancerous.

This and lack of combo, o boi.
._.

Tetsujin

Comments

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Strange because seems like I every party I join, he does NOT do the "grab the legs" thing. Probably because the party kills him in 5 or so minutes that he cannot do it. If you hate Abomination, you'll most likely hate the upcoming raid that is in Korea; Dullahan. The mechanics are somewhat similar since you have to bomb it's head 6 times in order to remove the protective layer so you can do damage.
  • GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    Meh. Ain't the first time Devcat made a dumb raid with dumb mechanics.

Though I am confused about how you say he does that ceiling climb to attach to his legs. The most I've ever seen him get that off is twice. In a run that took 15 minutes. So out of 15 minutes he only did it twice. Normally in runs that take like 6-8 minutes it's rare for me that I even see him get one off.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    edited February 20, 2017
    10-15 mins parties here, and he does that everytime for some reasons. It's terrible when you know even Bark is a better raid than Abomination. I don't know if I'm upset about the move itself of the fact it happens everytime that you ALREADY used the hooks to ring the bell. Literally takes the players for idiots..

Back in XE, he was barely doing it :v
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Strange because seems like I every party I join, he does NOT do the "grab the legs" thing. Probably because the party kills him in 5 or so minutes that he cannot do it. If you hate Abomination, you'll most likely hate the upcoming raid that is in Korea; Dullahan. The mechanics are somewhat similar since you have to bomb it's head 6 times in order to remove the protective layer so you can do damage.

This is partly because when you completely remove his barrier, he'll automatically attempt to go to the center and hang from the ceiling. He doesn't do it because there's so many players blocking him from even going there so the AI is programmed to fight and bypass it.

• MacDBMacDB
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    A boss that actually has some difficult minigame? God forbid.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    MacDB wrote: »
    A boss that actually has some difficult minigame? God forbid.

If you consider dying because of a glitchy mechanic "difficult"
    2edgy4u
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    You burn through graces as you learn the timing on the platforms, sure, but the "grab the legs" move you are complaining about is the easy part. No platforms move and you can just bum-rush it. I typically just duo this raid with a friend.
    MacDBVoldaire
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    wait ppl still care about "grab the leg" thing?
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    MochiSweet wrote: »
    wait ppl still care about "grab the leg" thing?

Only for title hunters.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    edited February 20, 2017
    The minigame is fine as long as people pay attention, it's just too glitchy for non-hosts and attacking the legs isn't even worth doing unless you want the title. Even on my friend's hosting which I get a stable 5 bars with, my characters occasionally hit invisible ceilings or swing way too low to get on the last platform if I try the shelf trap ones. I've even teleported to the top of the first platform a few times.
    96k3kB4.jpg

I don't enjoy the raid all that much because Abomination himself doesn't have a very challenging moveset. He just flops around and spams that weird slow walk that leads into nothing, getting himself melted because of how non-threatening he is for most of the raid. I only really see people get rocked by the red attacks and multihit attacks due to being stuck under him or having a teammate spin the attacks towards them unexpectedly.
    Gewellirious2edgy4u
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited February 20, 2017
    It's terrible when you know even Bark is a better raid than Abomination.

That's a good one. I don't think it's humanly possible to make something worse than Bark. They'd have to try really hard to come up with a higher level of s**t.
    Cashews wrote: »
    That's a good one. I don't think it's humanly possible to make something worse than Bark. They'd have to try really hard to come up with a higher level of s**t.

Bark is the worst. Then, Abomination happened but yeah.. yeah.. Bark is still the second worse if anything.

And it's exactly as Noburo said, the moveset is bad and make the raid even more boring.. because it's like it's based 75% of the time on the mechanic rather than bosses attacks.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Well, he's called Abomination for a reason, isn't he?
    MacDBAnthonytonyboy
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    And it's exactly as Noburo said, the moveset is bad and make the raid even more boring.. because it's like it's based 75% of the time on the mechanic rather than bosses attacks.

So, exactly like Bark. Only with actual recognizable patterns. I'm not the biggest fan of him either, but at least it's a fight and not running laps in high school PE.
  • ChrysChrys
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    In a party the double swing glitches out for me at least 50% of the time. Say what you want about Bark or Braha but those raids don't have the possibility to instantly kill you every other minute because of latency problems (Braha's crossover is much more generous than Abomination's platforms imo).

So far my experience with Abomination is that he's simply a retooled Juggernaut, with a far worse gimmick.
  • MiseryindexMiseryindex
    Vindictus Rep: 1,455
    Please fire immediately the persons that were in charge of this raid. This is the worst garbage I have ever seen.

/angry rant
    Goddamn it, I'm even 100 times more fine to deal with broken Glas hitbox than this sh*t trash raid.

Also, as I come from EU I realised in PRE, he does that "grab the legs" move EVERYTIME after his membrane is destroyed like what ? So yeah, going PRE had to make this boss even more cancerous.

This and lack of combo, o boi.
    ._.

It's not even a raid, Juan. It's %80 a hook mini-game %20 fighting.
    Gewellirious
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I've died on the platforms four different times and had to get a Party Feather or a Guild Feather to unstuck me.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited February 21, 2017
    Abomination is nowhere near as hard or annoying as Bark.

Platforms : They tend to glitch due to fps or lag spikes. Most of the time, they dont glitch. But its odd that they hooks are so ping dependant. Its not hard, but sometimes you end up with a party full of people who glitch on the platforms and not having 3 people to hook the barrier in one go really slows the raid down.

Ceiling part : If your party pays attention to what the boss is doing, this is REALLY easy. When he starts walking to the center, people should be getting ready to rush to the platforms just in case. The problem is, most players simply keep dpsing even when the warning message popups and then the party fails the grab due to not enough people hanging onto his legs. Then most people on the ground gets wiped because they cant dodge the projectiles and someone has to party grace.

Compare that to Bark, where you spend most of the fight waiting for Bark to SLOWLY move to the other side of the map. Coupled that with the switches being too far for most melee characters to reach in time and the missile spam...

The worst part of Bark is that even if you do a perfect run and ward him every time possible, he is still scripted to move at certain intervals AND he will go berserk because of AOE damage hitting his main body. Certain characters simply cannot avoid doing damage to his main body while attacking the components, like scythe or hurk. And trying to destroy components while he is berserk and spamming missiles every 3 seconds or so is insanely hard.

Bark could be easily fixed by changing it so that he moves less + he never goes berserk until ALL his components are destroyed, but devcat has a long history of refusing to fix old content because they focus on creating new content for money. Like, making ein lacher instead of fixing resenlian lab, etc.

Another annoying one is jugg bomb throwing because of how fast the lightning pools spawn, bad parties can easily fail the bomb throwing phase.

Lavsat : Most parties fail at hooking the horns. There is no on screen warning message and most people miss the red glowing effect with all the special effects obscuring the boss.

Druid : Most parties fail at defusing the bomb, either because they "ceebs" or accidentally crit and go above 100%. The water bombs also respawn too slowly, and Druid is super annoying for slow characters when he stands there spamming his projectiles that hit you just as you get a smash off. Not to mention the very long invul times (that serve no purpose except to make the raid drag on)

Cromm : Aside from the fact that he has more hp than s3 bosses (unless that got nerfed at some point), he moves way too much and last phase is cancer and takes too long. Its like several minutes of pure dodging for the last phase. Dumb.

Ulchas : Way too tanky, even a party of 6 attack capped players takes a really long time to kill him compared to s3 bosses. Most players dont save their disables for his healing phases either, which makes it worse. Oh and his sword projectiles can go through walls to hit you while you are trying to res someone.

s3 bosses are way more fun than most s2 bosses.
    No one said Abo was hard, just trash, it's different. It's as Misery said, you play Vindictus for its gameplay but I end up using the chain hooks 80% of the time during this lame raid.

That doesn't mean other s2 raids aren't dumb as well, how is it hard to make a boss like Keaghan, that just keep attacking you while using just A SINGLE player to do the shitty gimmick ? Raids like these is what this game needs.

And s3 bosses are way more fun ? I don't know.
    Regina : dumb mechanics, she forces you to go to the safe zone while using ground mines if you're too far away, pick your poison.
    Braha : lol
    Glas : actually good if not for the broken hitboxes. See ? When there's an actual good raid, devs still end up ruining it. These guys are unbelievable.
    Lugh : too much warping, else it's good. The only decent s3 raid.
    Yohaad : oh actually this one isn't that bad... too bad there is barely any incentive for doing it. (rare drop or gtfo in short) I wished scrolls or even masterpiece boxes would have a tad higher rate there to compensate.
    Abomination : this thread...

And s2 so far ?
    Laki : zzz
    Kraken : zzz
    Iset : too much warping as well
    Havan : decent
    Juggernaut : decent as well, too bad the gimmick bomb wasn't planned for lower parties
    Bark : 2nd worst raid ever

Annwyn is a waste of time, except God of Fun if you want to have pleasure playing this game.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited February 21, 2017
    He only uses the barrier maybe 3-4 times? And the ceiling move once or twice at most?

What broken hitboxes does lord glas have? I notice no problem with scythe.