[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Heroes DB / Vindi DB is going down

MenrvaMenrva
Vindictus Rep: 1,475
edited February 19, 2017 in Off Topic Discussion
Another useful fansite going down thanks to Nexon.

http://www.heroesdb.net/items

https://plus.google.com/+HeroesDBnet/posts/WtGbHMKmEXE

Good game! At this point I have to wonder if they're trying to kill Vindi.
GewelliriousJuneFourthTheGreatCreidne

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    *triggered*
  • BirdSpiritBirdSpirit
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    *slow clap*
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    With HeroesDB gone that means that there are no more useful Vindictus fansites left
    JuneFourth
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    What the hell are they thinking?
  • BerserkkkBerserkkk
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    I'm not sure they understand the importance of sites like this. Unless they make something themselves and maintain it, people will be very upset.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    I like how these types of threads always end up in the off topic discussion.
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    Well I hope someone tells them how outdated the official wiki is, I think it is 3 years behind at this point - it even still links to the old forums which give you a 404. Its up to Nexon to do something now.
  • MiseryindexMiseryindex
    Vindictus Rep: 1,455
    Menrva wrote: »
    Another useful fansite going down thanks to Nexon.

http://www.heroesdb.net/items

https://plus.google.com/+HeroesDBnet/posts/WtGbHMKmEXE

Good game! At this point I have to wonder if they're trying to kill Vindi.

"Owner is shutting down his website because he finds vindictus not interesting anymore"
    "Somehow this is Nexon's fault"

Okay.
  • JuneFourthJuneFourth
    Vindictus Rep: 460
    edited February 20, 2017

"Owner is shutting down his website because he finds vindictus not interesting anymore"

Okay.

Looks like the affected countries are Israel, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Moldova and Ukraine. I'm from Latvia myself. Those countries were blocked before the migration too, but people who created their accounts before the block were allowed to play, which isn't the case anymore. -HeroesDB creator

If you're going to kiss Nexon NA's ass, at least get your facts straight. Nexon NA has ip blocked anyone from the above mentioned countries AFTER the migration. So yeah, it is Nexon's fault.
    AnnerNakrast_Freecss
  • KrezzzKrezzz
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    edited February 21, 2017
    JuneFourth wrote: »

Okay.

Looks like the affected countries are Israel, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Moldova and Ukraine. I'm from Latvia myself. Those countries were blocked before the migration too, but people who created their accounts before the block were allowed to play, which isn't the case anymore. -HeroesDB creator

If you're going to kiss Nexon NA's ass, at least get your facts straight. Nexon NA has ip blocked anyone from the above mentioned countries AFTER the migration. So yeah, it is Nexon's fault.

Israel for example has never been blocked in EU, If you find the thread where they posted the blocked countries, Israel isn't on that list, and further proof was that friends in Israel could still make accounts years after the IP block happened and were allowed to play
  • MiseryindexMiseryindex

"Get your facts straight" That goes for you Ms. Let's blame Nexon for everything.
    i13jwlY.png

I find really intriguing how everyone suddenly realize Nexon isn't so great, just after 7 years of the game being alive.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited February 21, 2017
    I happen to know the creator of HeroesDB. There are few factors that resulted in this decision, some of them are mentioned in the reddit post. One of them being concern about region-block, which came to live. Why would one upkeep a fan website for a game he CAN NOT EVEN LOGIN TO any more, not necessarily from his own choice?

I knew about HeroesDB most likely going down for months now. I have been thinking about taking over the project - decision is yet to be done, as I am still busy with my diplom. There's one major issue though - I could share similar fate as other fan site creators, which is definitely something I don't want to.
    Nakrast_Freecss
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    I like how these types of threads always end up in the off topic discussion.

Because discussing about the game's fansites has nothing to do with the game at all?
    OR, Nexon literally trying to squirrel away and hide the fact that there are damning issues with the game.
    Aequipondium
  • JuneFourthJuneFourth
    edited February 22, 2017

"Get your facts straight" That goes for you Ms. Let's blame Nexon for everything.
    i13jwlY.png

I find really intriguing how everyone suddenly realize Nexon isn't so great, just after 7 years of the game being alive.

LOL the post literally states that upcoming changes and the migration (which places the ip block) are what "pushed me over". Many of us have been tiring of this game and various things that Nexon does become the deciding factor. Thanks for proving my point.

Also, I'm not too sure how you got the idea that people have started hating Nexon just now. When the game aired their first promo trailer, the first comments were, "Oh god it's published by Nexon." All throughout the game people have been complaining about the RNG, the gatcha, the servers, the overbearing Volunteer mods, etc. Everyone and their mother has known Nexon hasn't been great. It took you 7 years to finally hear the hate. Intriguing.
    MenrvaMiseryindexPixelPantsuNakrast_Freecss
  • FluentFluent
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    I think this only heightened people's hate for Nexon because it really jabbed the community. Hate always existed, but has the hate gone this far? Not until now. I haven't seen the community shown this much disdain before.
  • MiseryindexMiseryindex
    LOL the post literally states that upcoming changes and the migration (which places the ip block) are what "pushed me over". Many of us have been tiring of this game and various things that Nexon does become the deciding factor. Thanks for proving my point.

Also, I'm not too sure how you got the idea that people have started hating Nexon just now. When the game aired their first promo trailer, the first comments were, "Oh god it's published by Nexon." All throughout the game people have been complaining about the RNG, the gatcha, the servers, the overbearing Volunteer mods, etc. Everyone and their mother has known Nexon hasn't been great. It took you 7 years to finally hear the hate. Intriguing.

He clearly states ' he was boring of the game long ago, it felt like a work more than a game'. He was already done with the game before the migration happened, he just needed an excuse to finally leave. Even his website was really behind, stuck on Eochaid content. His website will be hardly missed it.
    You seem to lack common sense and critical thinking, so believe what you must. Keep believing Nexon is killing all the fansites, not the playerbase itself. Blowing things out of proportion.

Here, I'll give you a 'like' since you enjoy being right all the time

Fluent wrote: »
    I think this only heightened people's hate for Nexon because it really jabbed the community. Hate always existed, but has the hate gone this far? Not until now. I haven't seen the community shown this much disdain before.

That's the thing though, People keep believing Sanitee is the first person banned for "datamining" when there was another player before her Holden already banned for sharing his blog with upcoming outfits. Did anyone care about ? Nope. People just kept datamining, knowing the risk. It was never allowed in the eyes of Nexon. The community seems to believe Sanitee did nothing wrong, when there's lack of proof, it's just her word , she's not even showing her tickets to her fanbase. Also she failed to mention she was banned before. There was another player a well-know fiona used HFS modding to create an advantage towards her, easy powerleveling, getting easy titles and even winning a zecallion contest with easy. But I guess that's fine.
  • JuneFourthJuneFourth
    edited February 26, 2017

He clearly states ' he was boring of the game long ago, it felt like a work more than a game'. He was already done with the game before the migration happened, he just needed an excuse to finally leave. Even his website was really behind, stuck on Eochaid content. His website will be hardly missed it.
    You seem to lack common sense and critical thinking, so believe what you must. Keep believing Nexon is killing all the fansites, not the playerbase itself. Blowing things out of proportion.

Here, I'll give you a 'like' since you enjoy being right all the time

Fluent wrote: »

That's the thing though, People keep believing Sanitee is the first person banned for "datamining" when there was another player before her Holden already banned for sharing his blog with upcoming outfits. Did anyone care about ? Nope. People just kept datamining, knowing the risk. It was never allowed in the eyes of Nexon. The community seems to believe Sanitee did nothing wrong, when there's lack of proof, it's just her word , she's not even showing her tickets to her fanbase. Also she failed to mention she was banned before. There was another player a well-know fiona used HFS modding to create an advantage towards her, easy powerleveling, getting easy titles and even winning a zecallion contest with easy. But I guess that's fine.

It's sad to see you relying so much on being condescending in order maintain some sense of authority in a forum post. It's clear to everyone that the website creator left and that the catalyst was the migration. The turning point. Isn't it a little too coincidental that he posts the announcement right after the migration? Food for thought.

I'm also quitting Vindictus and leaving this forum behind, but before I go I'd like to set the record straight.

- Holden was never banned in-game. He was banned on forums, but that was because he was very condescending and inflammatory.
    - The HFS modding Fiona in question, DaphneTaffy, was banned.
    - Sanitee did share her ticket. I believe Shippuu even shared it on his website later on.
    - Sanitee's previous ban also had to do with BlackCipher being faulty.

Again, do your homework before spouting more crap 'cause you look like a moron otherwise.