[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

EU Server - When will 'multicore' work again?

Comments

• ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    pretty new, dont know how it was a while back. all i know is there is way less raids to join. and the people i paly with cant hsot without multicore option.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited February 18, 2017
    Samalenko wrote: »
    Shared with a few ppl, they said the "modify the multicore value to 3" worked.

Tried,doesn't do a thing for me.Still 15-20 fps in malina raids and I even lowered settings +completely disabled other ppl's skill effects.

Core i 3 4160 '3.6Ghz' =>Vindi is mainly reliant on single core performance and this is not that bad at it actually.
    2x4 GB DDR 3 1600 in dual channel
    GTX 950 Xtreme 'heavily oced version' =>1080P display res,even overkill for Vindi.
    Win 7 64 bit

Fairly budget system but I never had issues with it in Vindi till now,multi core gives me a good 20-30 fps boost.

• NovalitusNovalitus
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    HAHA

So becuase EU Was on XE version multicore worked?
    That just made every argument pro premiere invalid.
    Zupsero
  • LordSuizidLordSuizid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    I srysly dont like the attitude Eu players have.
    ITS ALL BAD ... no matter what case it is.
    Back in EU the bugs werent playable ... no active gms... Bugs all over the place.. an Support team out of 2 ppl.

Now we moved to NA support and everyone can say after a Day the Support is already bader then it was back in EU. OFC couse we had way more ppl workin 4 nexon in EU ... not!
    XE was way better... prem sucks .. sayin that after 2 days ... i totaly saw that commin.
    THE RUNES got more expensiv blabla ....
    Iam so slow...
    I cant play ...
    Guys pls dont cry me a river.

Its not like we didnt saw that commin and if anyone would have gathered infos they knew what would have changed.

As it seems Multicore didnt worked for NA ever so it seems that there is an huge prob which is not changed in 1 day.
    Controller001
  • VernandiVernandi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,165
    edited February 18, 2017
    Lavonne wrote: »

As for multi-core. Never used it. Never had problems hosting without it.

But then again, EU was the only version with "Can you host" and "host list" threads. I don't know why, but EU players tend to have really really bad PCs. Like potato\toaster tier PCs.

Maybe try lowering all the settings to extra low and close all the background processes?

20-40 fps without multi on toptier PC is ok? lol
    Show record with 8ppl hosting raid(for example Jugger) without multi on your powerfull PC. With more than 50 fps ofc.
    If slideshow (less 30 fps in action game is slideshow, sorry) is a "never had a problem" for you, then no questions. But not for everyone is "ok". Hosters want play with good perfomance too.

Cessa wrote: »
    I have heard that multicore causes horrbile frameskipping/stuttering for the people connecting to the host.
    In the cases for staff Evie it can be impossible to charge up her spells because the focusing just gets canceled/skipped partway through and you end up just casting pointless spells.
    For others you end up being unable to block or dodge properly as your character ends up skipping through animations.

Can anyone confirm this?

This problem happens first 2 week after release multicore. All other time multicore was fine. 60 fps host with multi much better, than 30 fps no multi host for all players in party. Just because bad host perfomance shared on other players in party(not smooth boss animations, freezed mobs on other...)
    SamalenkoVladino
  • PurePure
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    Don't be surprised people are disappointed. Some can't access the game at all now.

I won't say anything other than this myself and I won't complain, but I don't like the attitude players from Premiere have towards XE.
    RivaLoneWolf96Loreata
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited February 18, 2017
    LordSuizid wrote: »
    I srysly dont like the attitude Eu players have.
    ITS ALL BAD ... no matter what case it is.
    Back in EU the bugs werent playable ... no active gms... Bugs all over the place.. an Support team out of 2 ppl.

Now we moved to NA support and everyone can say after a Day the Support is already bader then it was back in EU. OFC couse we had way more ppl workin 4 nexon in EU ... not!
    XE was way better... prem sucks .. sayin that after 2 days ... i totaly saw that commin.
    THE RUNES got more expensiv blabla ....
    Iam so slow...
    I cant play ...
    Guys pls dont cry me a river.

Its not like we didnt saw that commin and if anyone would have gathered infos they knew what would have changed.

As it seems Multicore didnt worked for NA ever so it seems that there is an huge prob which is not changed in 1 day.

I'm cool with Pre,actually glad that we finally have it as I used to be a NA player before EU even existed.
    Currently my only issue is the hosting performance and the stamina on my Scythe Evie but that I will get used to anyway.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Vernandi wrote: »
    Lavonne wrote: »

As for multi-core. Never used it. Never had problems hosting without it.

But then again, EU was the only version with "Can you host" and "host list" threads. I don't know why, but EU players tend to have really really bad PCs. Like potato\toaster tier PCs.

Maybe try lowering all the settings to extra low and close all the background processes?

20-40 fps without multi on toptier PC is ok? lol
    Show record with 8ppl hosting raid(for example Jugger) without multi on your powerfull PC. With more than 50 fps ofc.
    If slideshow (less 30 fps in action game is slideshow, sorry) is a "never had a problem" for you, then no questions. But not for everyone is "ok". Hosters want play with good perfomance too.

I have heard that multicore causes horrbile frameskipping/stuttering for the people connecting to the host.
    In the cases for staff Evie it can be impossible to charge up her spells because the focusing just gets canceled/skipped partway through and you end up just casting pointless spells.
    For others you end up being unable to block or dodge properly as your character ends up skipping through animations.

Can anyone confirm this?

This problem happens first 2 week after release multicore. All other time multicore was fine. 60 fps host with multi much better, than 30 fps no multi host for all players in party. Just because bad host perfomance shared on other players in party(not smooth boss animations, freezed mobs on other...)

Exactly.. ffs, since when do we start to blame players because the game is badly optimized.. lol
  • LordSuizidLordSuizid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    Pure wrote: »
    Don't be surprised people are disappointed. Some can't access the game at all now.

I won't say anything other than this myself and I won't complain, but I don't like the attitude players from Premiere have towards XE.

Im not a NA player at all. I Play since 2011 on the EU servers.
    MrGatto wrote: »
    I'm cool with Pre,actually glad that we finally have it as I used to be a NA player before EU even existed.
    Currently my only issue is the hosting performance and the stamina on my Scythe Evie but that I will get used to anyway.

Yea we all are effected on that tbh. And it suxx defenetly.
    I just wrote my post couse this thread totaly went into a mess of hate. Like they would fix it in 2 hours.
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475

Can anyone confirm this?
    The multiprocessing feature that hosts could use back in XE Europe server could do that, if, the PC of the host wasnt good enought to host in the first place.
    If the pc is good enough, multiprocessing would drasticaly increase FPS perfomance for the hosting player, by creating a separate process that handles the player movements, boss attacks and etc, leaving the vindictus client only the task of rendering the game (over-simplified, but you get my point).

The only drawbacks of MP is that sometimes the party would crash at start, but that hapens 1 in 200 or so, so I think it was worth using.
    I have used multiprocessing for hosting for about a year, without it I can't host at all, and with it I have 40-60 FPS on most raids.

• HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited February 18, 2017
    I tried hosting a raid without multicore a few days ago (because multicore failed to launch boat twice in a row), I went down to 6 fps, lagged everyone in the boat. I had no trouble keeping 60 fps 4 months ago... =,=

An update seems to have broke things recently, making hosting awful if you don't use multicore.
  • MylewMylew
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    +1 fix please.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    More info on when we are getting this stuff back again?

Alot of great hosters are getting ****f*** atm.
  • UgroPNZUgroPNZ
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited February 21, 2017
    EU>US masterrace

btw right now im playing on i56600k 4.4gz 16gb ram gtx1070 back in the days i play on 560ti i5 2500 8 gb(on eu) and i didnt notice any difference to be honest and even back back in the days when i play on core 2 duo laptop in 2011 all was fine maybe thats all cos im playing solo HEH
  • ElsiJackElsiJack
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I am able to play Games like "Total War: Rome 2" with the best graphiksettings on verry large battles without any laggs
    (If you play total war u know that large battle with many units may cause havy laggs if your hardware cant keep up)
    I can play Black Desert on maxsettings with no laggs.......

But if i want to host raids in vindictus without multicore i have max 20 fps at best.
    Used to host verry often for guildtrains or ramdom boats but no more. I hope multicore find its way back to us, i have better things to do than wasting my time in slideshow raids.

And cause of that the number of Boats open are drastically decreased its a pain to see how "dead" compared to last month the Questboard has become
  • BubolinaBubolina
    Vindictus Rep: 330
    Well i dont know if what i'm about to say is good or bad news, but i did my own "investigation" of what is goin on and this is what i find:
    I created a char on East server. First impresion - 60fps in town and in dung....ofc if you move the camera very fast it will drop for a moment, but still better then in EU server. Second one but not by important - Multicore function is up and work just fine. I can't host any raid yet with low lvl char but with guildy who joined me no problem at all till now (lvl 23 both chars).
    So the good news is: multi work fine in PRE this is not the problem.
    The bad news is: we dont know why isnt working in EU server. Do we become the " Cinderella" in this merge?
    Is anyone working to solve this?
    No GM statement at the moment made me ask this questions...
    I hope its not like that.... i realy hope!
  • EhgessEhgess
    Vindictus Rep: 2,910
    Member, Nexon
    We know about the multi-process issue and it was announced in-game on the day of the merger. It is only affecting the EU server at the moment, and we have disabled the feature for the time being until we can fix it.

Also, the VVIP issue with the EU migration is known, and we postponed this week's maintenance as we will attempt to resolve this issue. More details to follow.
    AnthonytonyboyZupseroLoreata
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited February 22, 2017
    Yesterday i hosted a lv 70-79 Kraken story dung. First i'll note that i'd always had 40-50 fps when hosting an 8-man raid and i've never had a problem with multicore before Premiere.

Now i'm having 5-10 fps when hosting a crappy S2 raid with 8 people. It's totally unplayable. I'm sure it's not my machine's fault when it worked before!

So when is it going to be fixed???
  • NovalitusNovalitus
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    Guys its not gonna be fixed.

the team doesnt care about EU.
  • KuraiHotaruKuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,435
    Novalitus wrote: »
    Guys its not gonna be fixed.

the team doesnt care about EU.

How can you be this oblivious, the GM literally said they're trying to fix it, they can't just wave a magic wand while saying abrakadabra to fix it. Have patience.
    MacDBGewellirious