[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Attack Limit Break vs Additional Damage?

ShihoAmagiShihoAmagi
Vindictus Rep: 100
edited February 17, 2017 in General Discussion
Hi all, I've been trying to find how much attack limit break adds compared to additional damage but I've only been able to find old formulas for damage values and aren't sure about how much it's worth. Is there a certain attack limit break that's worth a certain amount of additional damage? Or for instance, comparing a +12 90 to a +15 80, how much attack limit break is needed before the 90 is better than the 80 assuming attack capped for both? Thanks if anyone has an answer or can give estimates!

Comments

• SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    edited February 17, 2017
    To my understanding, the difference between a +12 and +15 is about 180 additional damage, which is about 180*6.25= 1125 worth of attack limit .

Edit: Should also mention that att limit would still be slightly worse at that value since it is factored in with balance. Would need to have 1250 to be consistently better than additional dmg
  • IphitIphit
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    I'm not 100 % sure but i think additional damage is added to each smash so it depends on the character i deal 8k+ per smash so +180 aditional dmg is close to nothing , for a lann spears it might be better
    att limit increases the cap , the current cap isn't exactly 10 k , it's 10.something but let's assume its 10 k this means each 1k of att limit break increases yor dmg in 10 % (this does not depend on the char but on your overall dmg) so chars that atack faster have no benefit over those who don't.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    Keep in mind that additional damage is usually accompanied by AS as well so sometimes a +15 80 would be better just because it has more attack speed.
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited February 19, 2017
    Damage formula as of 2014 was like this :
    Damage = (Effective ATT * Balance Roll + Additional Damage * 6.25) * Multiplier
    Effective ATT = (ATT - DEF) + 900 + DEF / 6 * ξ * sqrt(2 * (ξ - 0.39)^2 + 0.26) (the second part only matters if you're not capped, otherwise Effective ATT = (ATT-DEF) +900 = 10900)
    With ξ ≡ 1 - (ATT - DEF) / DEF (again doesn't matter if you're capped)

I dunno if it has changed since then, also there wasn't ATT limit break back then, but it's safe to assume that it just brings your effective ATT to 10900 + ATT limit break (assuming you reach the att cap + amount of limit break already, otherwise the limit break is useless).

So assuming the BAL roll is 0.95 average, and also that my calculations are correct, you need at the very least 1185 ATT Limit break in order to break even with the additional damage.
    Cheers.

Edit : Just noticed that the difference between +12 and +15 is 120 additional damage and not 180 lol, so you actually need 800 ATT Limit break 'only' (still so expensive you want to cry). Previous calculation still holds true for a difference between +10 weapons and +15 weapons