[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

EU Server - When will 'multicore' work again?

JynXiJynXi
Vindictus Rep: 2,025
edited February 17, 2017 in General Discussion
Alot of people can not host anything properly now.

This results in empty boards, or boats that go with like 4 people or so max.

I wanna host and play, but I can not host without multicore.

Yesterday night some gm said he was working on it, so, how well is it going?
xRobiHooDxZatoxNathyZupseroElsiJackMrGattoLoneWolf96ChaeldarSirRFICoreless

Comments

• PoppyBrosJrPoppyBrosJr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    lol
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    what? multicore worked in EU?

iirc it was useless in NA
    CallistheneWSH303
  • ReverieeNoComboBonusReverieeNoComboBonus
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    Suhpreme wrote: »
    what? multicore worked in EU?

iirc it was useless in NA

Yeah cause XE version was actually good unlike premiere
    RivaRena_Ryugu
  • AurelijusAurelijus
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    edited February 18, 2017
    Well, you know all that NA has better support, less bugs and all that good stuff, at least that is what i heard from all the prem supporters back on EU forums(hhrrghhh)... But where the f is multi cores support for raid hosting? I mean seriously? Game is already badly optimized and lags with high end pc's, but you guys haven't got this option implanted? Since if I remember right ever since EU received this feature raids hosting became a great thing at least for me, and I'm sure not only me.

I reckon this feature wont be in this version anytime soon?

So, yea, cool
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    edited February 18, 2017
    I would like to deny that Na has better support, however i have not experience EU support or any others for that matter. I'm curious, since I want to compare NA support to others. Have they done questionable and annoying things that bothers the players?
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    BoatGod wrote: »
    I would like to deny that Na has better support, however i have not experience EU support or any others for that matter. I'm curious, since I want to compare NA support to others. Have they done questionable and annoying things that bothers the players?

EU restored someone's weapon due to "disconnect" while some others have been refused for the same reason. Enough said. There is a member named iLavonne that once perfectly explained how both support had flaws, but cba finding it again.
  • Crash_BandicootCrash_Bandicoot
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    edited February 18, 2017
    Aurelijus wrote: »
    less bugs

What? Really? Guess I miss something....

• CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    Concerning the support:
    I had a issue back then on EU with buying NX. I sent a ticket and got a reply very fast and the problem was resolved so quickly that I was seriously impressed.

Yesterday, I sent a ticket on the NA support about that whole migration stuff and so. I understand that they probably must be harrassed by toooooons of tickets these last days, but I got a reply today which made me think:
    "DAFUQ? Can't you read what I wrote?"

But then again, my case concerns 2 VERY different kind of problems so it's a bit hard to tell...

Concerning the bug:
    Aside the fact that I was forced to install Window in 64bits in order for my game to stop crashing every damn time I never really had any (and that would have happened with both NA & EU anyway)
    What I don't like with the NA version (but I guess it might have come to the same thing in EU after some time) is the Nexon Launcher.

Why? Because it's basically like every other launcher. It wants to run all the time on your PC while asking for always more RAM/CPU usage and push you into buying/playing other games. I'm an old-fashioned player and I kinda hate this trend about launcher like Steam and so on.

Concerning your poll:
    I like the XE better.

Why? Because of this freakin' "Press-SHIFT-to-run" thing! ARGHHHH!

• DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    edited February 18, 2017
    I like premiere more. I kinda miss EU forum tho.

PS: Run-walk mechanic doesn't bother me although i've played premiere version before.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    Threads merged as they both pertain to the Multicore support issue.
  • AurelijusAurelijus
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    edited February 18, 2017
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Threads merged as they both pertain to the Multicore support issue.

Wow, this is helpful... Thanks BRO
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    I haven't had too many issues using multicore as of late.

I'd say 1/20 times I have an issue with either DCing or people not connecting after launching boat.

Unless Nexon plans on switching to a better game engine I don't think we'll ever get a well optimized game.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    edited February 18, 2017
    Concerning the support:
    I had a issue back then on EU with buying NX. I sent a ticket and got a reply very fast and the problem was resolved so quickly that I was seriously impressed.

Of course Nexon EU would respond in the speed of light when it's a NX\cash related issue. $$$$ €€€€€€
    They did the same when the depot was bugged. Emergency maintenance the next day.

But when Fiona's shield was broken? Who cares...
    Vella's unresponsiveness? Who cares...
    Chain Vella missing half of her revamp skills after the revamp? Who cares....
    Anybody sending a ticket that is not NX\cash related? Who cares...

There was a thread once (I think 2 years ago) in which players posted how many weeks\months they had to wait for Nexon EU to respond to their tickets. Some players reported having tickets open for 2+ years. In fact, a ticket I sent back in October is still unresolved.

Aeria games does that too:
    Cash related tickets = answer within a day
    Non-cash related tickets = "Who are you and why are you wasting our time with your petty requests? You peasant."
    There is a member named iLavonne that once perfectly explained how both support had flaws, but cba finding it again.

"Both managements are sides of the same coin.

NA is too strict and EU is too lenient (to the point you start to question whether there's any management at all).

NA are fair and treat people equally (bad) while EU management is just corrupt nepotism. In NA they give everybody a free GM weapon restoration and in EU they play favorites behind the ticket system.

A while ago everybody were over their heads for whatever guy selling his account, yet the guy who bought that other account is still running around with that Vella. Did I mention favorites already?

Both managements are extreme ends and unprofessional in their own way. I would rather have neither."

As for multi-core. Never used it. Never had problems hosting without it.

But then again, EU was the only version with "Can you host" and "host list" threads. I don't know why, but EU players tend to have really really bad PCs. Like potato\toaster tier PCs.

Maybe try lowering all the settings to extra low and close all the background processes?
    Loreata
  • LoreataLoreata
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    Lavonne wrote: »
    Concerning the support:

But then again, EU was the only version with "Can you host" and "host list" threads. I don't know why, but EU players tend to have really really bad PCs. Like potato\toaster tier PCs.

Maybe try lowering all the settings to extra low and close all the background processes?
    I play on a laptop :---D
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited February 18, 2017
    Lavonne wrote: »

As for multi-core. Never used it. Never had problems hosting without it.

EU has a good few countries you know,with different wealth/wages so I would say an average EU player has less money to throw on a PC than an average American.
    Also count in the price differences,hardware parts in my country are stupidly overpriced.

I also used to host easily w/o multi core 2 years ago when I built this system 'new gpu since' but over the years and some updates the performance went total shet and now my multi core hosting is the same as my single core hosting 2 years ago cause Vindictus:P

Atm I'm unable to host full parties w/o multi core,had like 20 fps @Havan with 7 player.
    I don't even want to know how its like with AMD cpus cause they tend to have weaker single core performance 'which this game relies on'.

I hope they fix this soon and wont just forget about it,I can't host properly and other hosts run's are also pretty bad.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited February 18, 2017
    Shared with a few ppl, they said the "modify the multicore value to 3" worked.
  • AmewarashiAmewarashi
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Does it count as modidying the game and bannable?
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Amewarashi wrote: »
    Does it count as modidying the game and bannable?

I don't think so. It doesn't modify the game by any means. It simply change the game's configuartion.
    If you play in NA and lauch the game via Steam, you could also find similar option on Steam's setting
    LoreataAmewarashi
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    I have heard that multicore causes horrbile frameskipping/stuttering for the people connecting to the host.
    In the cases for staff Evie it can be impossible to charge up her spells because the focusing just gets canceled/skipped partway through and you end up just casting pointless spells.
    For others you end up being unable to block or dodge properly as your character ends up skipping through animations.

Can anyone confirm this?
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    Cessa wrote: »
    I have heard that multicore causes horrbile frameskipping/stuttering for the people connecting to the host.
    In the cases for staff Evie it can be impossible to charge up her spells because the focusing just gets canceled/skipped partway through and you end up just casting pointless spells.
    For others you end up being unable to block or dodge properly as your character ends up skipping through animations.

Can anyone confirm this?

Well I don't know how it was on NA but on EU it was bad when they first introduced it then later became better.In the past 1 year or so I had no issues with multi core at all,for both hosting and joining others who used it.