[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fastest bosskiller?

mantimanti
Vindictus Rep: 300
in General Discussion
please add the variation aswell and some arguments to back your choice up :)
  1. if you are pro and char is maxed out, which character is the fastest bosskiller overall (solo unbuf)65 votes
    1. Evie
       20% (13 votes)
    2. Hurk
       12% (8 votes)
    3. Vella
       14% (9 votes)
    4. Fiona
       22% (14 votes)
    5. Kai
       12% (8 votes)
    6. Sylas
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Delia
       3% (2 votes)
    8. Karok
       5% (3 votes)
    9. Lynn
       6% (4 votes)
    10. Arisha
       6% (4 votes)

Comments

• MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Scythe evie.
  • SeenSeen
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    Where's Lann??
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Lann is too weak no point to put in here +yes
  • mantimanti
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    hm, all over youtube hurks are like twice as fast as scythie's. looking at "raintear" (best hurk I've found) doing lugh in 3.04 vs lee dino (best scythie I've found) doing it in 5.36.

but not only here but it's several minutes difference between the best hurks and best scythies. yet to find anyone beat this hurk except a TS vella named "jewel mira" and that's only on some bosses
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    This must be karma for when I forgot about fifi.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515

Well Bow kai in this one instant, its 2min even if you cancel out the starting/ending cutscenes and i could of done it faster with my new speed i have now and if i used dodge Arrow Storm rather then just using it manual and if i skiped 2nd trans right.
    2edgy4u
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Considering stats are maxed up, either Hurk or Arisha. I'm going for Arisha.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Arrow95 wrote: »

Well Bow kai in this one instant, its 2min even if you cancel out the starting/ending cutscenes and i could of done it faster with my new speed i have now and if i used dodge Arrow Storm rather then just using it manual and if i skiped 2nd trans right.
    wow you made it through a whole comment without using the word salt! congrats bro you may fight this illness yet

Order5
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Need to take a break, for my hearts sake
    and i do get alot of salt either from the pvp i do, or pve "Kai is such a baby mode char use a real class"
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    edited February 17, 2017
    Scythe evie is strongest overall but in solos it depends on the boss. Some bosses, such as lugh or glas are more difficult for scythie when she has full aggro, same goes for kai. For bosses that don't really do much attacking Kai and Scythie sandbag them with easily the best times.

Arisha and Sword Fiona are probably the best for soloing. They get a lot of damage off of having boss aggro and have the sandbag options to deal with a boss that's not attacking much.

Sword Vella is also good for soloing but overall the character is just a neutered sword fiona:
    Vella has much less sandbag potential
    Fiona can counter everything besides red attacks whereas vella can counter 50% of things
    Fiona's counter is 1.5x stronger than vella's

The only edge vella has over sword fiona is a lower skill ceiling and vella's moves are faster than fiona's but vella has almost no good options in most boss fights.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Sword Fiona.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Scythe Evie.
    In some cases, Crossgun Kai.

That's it.
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    Sword Fiona obviously, then comes sword Vella
  • VoldaireVoldaire
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Sword Fifi. Shield enhancement then counter x2, ama kick then focal point x2. EZ
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    I like how lann is not even on the list +haha . Poor lann +sad
  • FunnyGuy112FunnyGuy112
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    edited February 17, 2017

Can you really call this Lann slow tho? Can anyone tell me any lurking variables? He did do it with paladin and he said he only had 21k attack so I mean is it that bad?
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    In general, Kai.

Almost all bosses now spam AOE moves that prevent most melee characters from doing anything for the duration (exception : sword vella/fiona). E.G. Valus's suction move makes him untouchable by melee characters, while everyone else is sitting outside the red circle doing nothing, Kai can DPS away at no risk to himself. Eochaid's red form spams a multi hit AOE combo that prevents melee from doing anything unless they are very fast moves. Etc.

The only melee character that might be able to outdps Kai, all other things being equal, is Arisha. Maximizing the headshot bonus lets Kai easily top the DPS chart (just look at what happens if a Kai is on kraken head, no other character comes close). Having the best and easiest break off skills in the game and excellent mob clearing skills is just icing on the cake. Having excellent burst damage (EEA/Massive impact) for things like s2/s3 maps is also a huge plus.

Sylas/Delia seems very middle of the road, and not very popular as anything other than an alt, but that might be because they are relatively new.

Hurk seems to do much better in s2 than s3 as s3 seems to have far fewer deflect chances. But the self heal combined with the ability to not need normal attacks makes him one of the best melee characters out there.

Scythe is far too reliant on attack speed/cat statue. A "normal" scythe with only a +10 is going to be really hard pressed to do any decent DPS. For example, if Havan just stands there spamming his ground explosions over and over (which he loves to do), if you dont have sufficient attack speed, you cant land MOD/BT without getting hit by the explosions. Faster characters can keep dpsing, while you cant.

For obvious reasons, Arisha is top melee DPS. She feels like what Hurk felt when Hurk was initial released...completely overshadowing other melee characters. Not sure if they fixed it, but her orb thing has a tedency to miss certain bipedal bosses (like ahglan) so she probably doesnt do as well on those.

Fiona is very meh unless you can consistenly pull off 2x counter attacks + amaranth kick, which is very boss dependant. In general, will lose to sword vella since CA doesnt give i-frames, while cross cut does (and crosscut hits as hard or harder than CA, even with the CA buff on).
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    Question2 wrote: »
    Fiona is very meh unless you can consistenly pull off 2x counter attacks + amaranth kick, which is very boss dependant. In general, will lose to sword vella since CA doesnt give i-frames, while cross cut does (and crosscut hits as hard or harder than CA, even with the CA buff on).

Sword Fiona's counter does give iframes and it gives super armor.
    It also does ~30k with shield enhance while vella's does max ~20k
    :thinking:

• AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited February 17, 2017
    Sword Fiona/Sword Vella for anything counter friendly. Cestus Karok and Scythe for more sandbaggy bosses.

Also that Hurk solo of lugh linked is ein Lacher. So no point comparing it to normal lugh tuns which has 3x more hp.
    Voldaire
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    Kai nuke ones shots hero mode succubus
    DNAnthraX2edgy4u