[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

First impressions after migration

Comments

• kosmoskosmos
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    Cons:
    NA management
    my favorite title was renamed to something dumb
    people from ip blocked countries who made accounts before ip block cant play anymore
    incrased enchant rune price
    maintenance during the day
    now I have to afk 10 min to accept mail
    Pros:
    At least they know how to make a joke
    Why was the European service migrated?

This migration is part of our ongoing commitment to better service the Western market.
  • AkoszAkosz
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Next game ?
  • Controller001Controller001
    Vindictus Rep: 1,920
    It likly that they wont lift block on old accounts seeing how they ignore people with that problem, time to look for a new game or just finally get ps4 since it seems it has some decent RPGs...
  • BerserkkkBerserkkk
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Pro's

First active GM's I've seen in years
    No more dash teleport Vellas
    No more useless XE skills
    Nice events to welcome us, hopefully we'll have more as time goes on

Con's

Poorly optimized, had no FPS issues on EU unless I went to Channel 1
    Will be a bit hard to get used to with no permanent auto-run
    Reset times are weird, same goes with some of the event times, totally different from EU
    Some of the items in the NX shop had their price been increased for no reason when we had them that way for years
    Many of my titles are missing or have been changed to ones that are not related to the old ones at all
  • LordSuizidLordSuizid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    Berserkkk wrote: »
    Pro's

Nice events to welcome us, hopefully we'll have more as time goes on

Con's

Some of the items in the NX shop had their price been increased for no reason when we had them that way for years
    Many of my titles are missing or have been changed to ones that are not related to the old ones at all

1. Uhm we had the SAME event few months ago if you cant remeber.
    2. there are just like one or two items that are increased the rest is cheaper now. and they did that bc they need to find a middle between the different nx prices they had before, there is even a post abt it.
    3. we got the NA titles now & they arent missing just get name changed
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    edited February 17, 2017
    Pros:
    No data being lost after the migration can be considered a pro, I guess?
    New events are more than decent.

Cons:
    Attack Speed is, on both of my characters, (Staff Evie and Delia) extremely reduced. I think I've lost at least 30 Attack Speed on Delia, as even with Rose Crush I feel slower than how I was before merge (note: 78 base Attack Speed).
    Damage feels much lower than 0 combo. On Royal Laki, a 0 combo Last Shooting Star dealt an average of 31k (10% Awakening, Crit, 3 charges Vigor). Let's not talk about the 50k+ with Max Combo Bonus.
    Bugs. Excluding the two above as they may be features, in less then 24 hours I've been hit by different bugs. First of all the LMB while Focus is chargin, which I already reported; then, always on Evie, Spells seem to have lost their homing effect; on Delia, hitboxes appear to be very weird, as if I guard on the very moment a hit should connect, the guard itself will be delayed. This last one happened on XE as well, but only with a very specific attack from Neamhain. Here it seems to be the norm.
    Stamina drains at an alarming rate. Guess that's where the lost Attack Speed went?
    New Channel bug. It's back. In black.
    Reset times are awful and nonsensical.
    Current forum graphics hurt my eyes, please make a white theme.
    fqw2g.gif
    cool. and nice
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    First impressions (after one day or so) :
    -Gotta get used to walking, but at least the responsiveness is way better now (not when running tho, but just need to adjust to it) so it's nice
    -Enjoying the sprint cancel dodges on some bosses
    -Some bugs here and there, but it was to be expected with so much data going from one version to another. Hope it gets fixed soon
    -Where is Master Baiter ? :rolleyes: (rip emote, forever in our hearts)
    -A dedicated and talkative GM that is actually ingame, been a while haha

Overall i feel like playing a revamped char all over again. It's refreshing and i like it.
  • DefyDefy
    Vindictus Rep: 345
    So far here's my impressions:
    1. Game is just as buggy if not buggier then it used to be (I still remember people crying about how PRE is the perfect version without any bugs)

2 .Combat feels slow af and awkward, I used to just "walk" away some attacks on XE but now I'm a pregnant whale and I can't move that fast, I need to sit and block some boring attack...much fast paced action combat much wow

3. Unresponsiveness of the slotted skills, I have shield dash on Q and the darn skill just doesn't activate unless I smash the hell out of that Q key

4. Ironically hyperresponsiveness on the freaking smash key, ex: did a shield dash...pressed right click twice for camelia (or focal point w/e) but I had sp just for one spin, I get the "you don't have enough SP bla bla" message but noooo my fiona had to do that stupid Rose Thorns cause apparently the game doesn't cancel my command if I'm out of SP, not to mention combined with point 3. and some lag makes for some really good exercise in frustration

5. The PG just feels freaking random, so yeah skills just seem buggier

6. The attack animation feels slow af, I don't know if PRE has different formula for the speed animation but there's that

7. No combo, this was the least of my concerns because I thought we would get a plain boost in our damage, but nope we just do the same damage as we did on XE with 0% combo

8. Lots for try-hards on the forums, telling people to "gid gud", please you are talking about getting good at a version that allows facetanking :D. The problem is not about "gid gud" the problem is that the game just feels slow compared to the xe version. It feels like going from Quake on PC to Call of duty on Xbox.

9. That's about all I guess

LordSuizidAkoszScheherazadeLoreataBowner
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited February 17, 2017
    This migration could have taken a much worse turn in my opinion, I'm kind of glad things are going like this after all.

Pros :
    - Active GM(s ?) at least.
    - After all this time, the whole NX "selling" problem was a misunderstanding, and what us EU saw as "selling" was "trading" for NA, which is actually allowed. (unless Ehgess lied, but what's the point ?) So, everyone is happy now.
    - Having inners/hairs that EU NEVER got at all, thank you.

Cons :
    - No tirs coins for my Single Sided Tail hair, pls.
    - I have to admit some NX prices feels kind of retarded.. like the good old Enchant runes skyrocketting in prices for Europeans. At least NA has to pay less after 6 years, feel happy.

Both Pros/Cons :
    - Translation.. while I'm ok with Eochaid and new raids names, what the absolute f*ck are those names for Berbhe ? The Kobolds don't even have Kobolds names at all.. and how is furymace/farymace/whatever is translated to -> Lograch ???????????
    No comment on Obamanation/ze Abomination weapons. (at least still better than HABIDENT SIDE)

I don't mind :
    - I saw some avatar have been removed, some were good, some were unnecessary and bad anyway.. mixed feelings. You dare to remove the Dark Revolutionary set tho, really bad move. However, perma Steampunk set on the shop, not bad at all.

Haven't tried the support yet, but it might come sooner than we think :^ )

About the whole PRE/XE :
    -> Frankly ? Whatever. I definitely miss combo bonus yeah, because wasting 20 years to beat fodder Berbhe bosses is annoying, but other than that, it's "fine". Lost some damage compared to people due to their high-enhancement but oh well, I cannot deny that the game is, in some way, stress free. How annoying getting a hit for bullsh*t made me rage much because it'd reset my combo for nothing. (Thor turning will always be my best example yeah)

Jump wasn't a great loss as well, definitely cool but absolutely not game changing. Now we have twerk moves tho.. so, if I pick between a jump and a booty, answer is simple.

Next, walking/sprint : I guess it'll depend of the char you played but for Evie it didn't even changed a thing. Tho I feel like Blink gets stuck to the ground more often with walking, but that's mostly happening in Abomination, which is the worst raid ever made anyway.

Oh and stamina consumption, I did know that smashes consumed more due to normals being stamina free but.. were dodges always consumming more stamina than in XE as well ? I swear my Blink in XE was 11 stamina, and 16 for the second one. It increased by 5 now, 16 stamina for 'normal' Blink, and 21 if I use another one after :l
    Also the damage, confirmation that PRE never had more base damage than XE, you gotta listen to the man I am when I say something next time :^ )

Can't lie, I kinda like the merge.. to hope it keeps on for the future, which is what I'm actually afraid of.
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    I have to agree with almost everyone on the fact that pressing shift in order to run is just an horrible pain in the @$$!

On the first battle I tried, I thought I had too much weight in my bag, but actually, I was just "walking".

I could write a whole book about it, but to make it short, I'd say it's (aside from absolutely useless) completely stupid. You're supposed to "walk" but actually you're just running slower.
    If it was, at least, making your character REALLY walk in town, why not? But, no!

Seriously, what kind of stupid joke is that? Not jumping anymore and thus unable to get to certain places in a battle? Well, I'll get used to it.
    BUT, running at such a slow pace?? HELL NO!

It pisses me off a lot because I don't find the game as funny as before. I found it almost boring, and a lot more bothersome. What's the point in "walking" when mobs are trying to rip your head off? NONE.

I didn't even try Irukul, but can easily imagine the results if you hapen to forgot pressing shift.... especially when already so many people die in "sprint mode".

Of course, I immediately felt like my Vella and my Evie were incredibly slow in battle. Perhaps it's only my imagination, but after reading some of your posts, seems like not.

*Also, I noticed that you can't display the names of every mob like before. Beware of explosives ones!

*And obviously, one other really annoying thing: The fact that you can't see the boss' life.
    Again, it makes the game less pleasant because, if it was already quite hard to get the heart of a wisp by launching a spear at the end of its life, now you just don't know when to launch it! Knowing the number of spear you can take with you in a battle, it's... SIGH.

It's not funny to play, it's:

1.hard to get used to some changes which I don't even understand why they exist
    2.annoying to see how much the game seems to be lagging (guess the number of people logged in 24H/day in order to get Migration rewards doesn't help)
    3.Boring to play, almost frustrating

*I also have to wait 10min because of my IP changing randomly without me asking for it.

Great. So far, really love this migration~ ha ha ha~
    Bowner
  • Crash_BandicootCrash_Bandicoot
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    Pros:
    -Control are responsive now.

Cons:
    -All the rest... Start from bugs and ending with a keyboard controls for piano player.
    Ofc you can get used to the new cancels post-animations move for some characters. But if I wanted to play the piano, I could do it somewhere else.
    -Whre are u multiprocessing? Don't leave us.

-And the main disadvantage is louncher (not to mention TIR)... Why I need to instal this launcher? Only for "start button"and update client? I miss for EU login system...
  • AurelijusAurelijus
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    This is terrible basically nothing got better, everything else got even worse, community now is going to be even smaller since people from banned countries are not allowed in anymore even though they had their accounts before the ip bans, bugs, sprint, jump, no multicore, meh...
  • MacDBMacDB
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    My first impressions:

Performance: Contrary to the statements of almost everyone here, my FPS actually improved to the point that I keep hosting full boats without multiprocessing feature, which didn't work for me on XE server anyway, on max possible detail (apart from 4k resolution, UI becomes small due to my monitor's max resolution) with all the particle effects and physical destructions of terrain. FPS ranges from 45 to 64. Players get about 3-4 blue bars which is always nice to see. I couldn't have achieved such performance on XE server however, I was running boats at minimum settings there, including config changes such as "threads" "8" and so on, most of which didn't work anyway.

Gameplay: I see people lose their minds over lack of jump, no XE move, and a sprint button. About XE move I couldn't care less, the damage was laughable and health loss on executing such move made the skill redundant, not to mention that Kai players had some trouble using the skill in the first place and struggled with bow aiming animation upon XE move's end (had to dodge to reset animation). Lack of jump does not bother me at all, barely used it on XE anyway because it left me vulnerable during fights. I couldn't see the use for it apart from dodge-attack-jump which made you progress through levels much faster. Shift button does not worry me because I'm Kai, and I have walking speed during aiming anyway, but I see that other characters having massive issues getting used to it. I like this change, it makes positioning yourself harder, as it should be.

Spicy part.
    Community: Merge greets us with amazing events and lots of free items every day, not to mention the +2 raids and +2 cores but no one bats an eye, and it makes my blood boil even more when I see people complaining about everything in sarcastic manner and I quote "Pfft sure increase enchant rune price but don't carry over the friendlist, figures" - I was close to exploding, considering the fact that all it took to be informed was actually reading the announcements posted on EU site three days before the merge. You should be all glad it's not 8.900 NX as was its original price.
    Of course bugs are there, but instead of complaining, how about sending a ticket? And I quote again "Ticket LOL, won't do GM's job they can't even fix run". And again I imagined myself having very long arms so I could reach out and strangle that person.

I really like the change, it makes the game fresher, learning how to play characters again is a nice change from stagnation.
    Gewellirious
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    I would like to comment some of your opinions.

Firstly, I am surprised how many people actually used auto-aim on attacks. Sure it helped to get perfect-cross, but one of reasons why I play this game is combat system → non-targeting, so using that feature feels completely out of place. Luckily it doesn't affect me as I didn't use it, and now that seemingly so many people used it, there should be bigger variety between players performance.

Normal attacks no longer cost stamina, but smash attacks consume more stamina and it does not regen during sprinting.

I don't understand why You see it as a pro, since there are other characters with high mobility animation abuse, like Delia or Evie, not that it impacted gameplay other than moving around map faster.

RIP forum emotes, but we might use in-game emotes in here soon.

I have experienced this before migration as well, so probably irrelevant. I have transformation on quickslot on my Delia, and it often doesn't work even when pressed 3-5 times when standing idle, until I move.

- After all this time, the whole NX "selling" problem was a misunderstanding, and what us EU saw as "selling" was "trading" for NA, which is actually allowed. (unless Ehgess lied, but what's the point ?) So, everyone is happy now.

Yes, apparently term misunderstanding. I am still trying to get details on some stuff, maybe even bring TIR back.

- Translation.. while I'm ok with Eochaid and new raids names, what the absolute f*ck are those names for Berbhe ? The Kobolds don't even have Kobolds names at all.. and how is furymace/farymace/whatever is translated to -> Lograch ???????????

Berbhe translations were awful, but as I am also surprised how different the names are here.

- I saw some avatar have been removed, some were good, some were unnecessary and bad anyway.. mixed feelings. You dare to remove the Dark Revolutionary set tho, really bad move. However, perma Steampunk set on the shop, not bad at all.

It simply comes to fact we had other pool of avatar sets. Dark Revo was EU contest winner and stayed permanently, meanwhile we had some other stuff temporary. I guess we'll get it back for good in time.

AP Shop got nerfed. Before the migration I could buy 20 merc pots for 100 AP 3 times. Now I can buy 5 !!! pots for 120 AP 3 times. Also blessings are more expensive and you buy one piece of them at the time. I do like the VIP for AP and Epaulet/necklace though.

Never bought these mercs myself, because they last only 2 days, and I don't need them at all. LUCK blessing was 500 AP for x5, now it's 100 AP for x1, with 15 in stock total. There are also more stuff and variety, so I definitely like the changes. Too bad I am keeping the AP for weapon revivals now, unlike back in the days where I had capped 50k AP for 2 years.

-Whre are u multiprocessing? Don't leave us.

It has been temporarily(?) removed due to a bug. Battles wouldn't load on boats/carriages with multicore.

Why I need to instal this launcher? Only for "start button"and update client? I miss for EU login system...

Once You install Vindictus, You can create a shortcut for it in the launcher, that will automatically go through the select-game and click-play process. Or just simply create a shortcut to nexon_launcher.exe and add nxl://launch/10300 to it afterwards.
  • RivaRiva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    +Fps is better, animations feel smoother and I get less framedrops.

+At first the character felt pretty heavy but after a few hours of getting used to it run/walk is second nature to me. Also walking is pretty neat, and I have no problems pushing shift to do it. Actually a pretty nice addition imo

+Titles changed names for the better, translations ( habident)

+Controls are more responsive

-Game went casual. Combo bonus gave an incentive to play well and rewarded for it, though I'm surely not adopting the "Bind mercs to space" mentality

-Forums

• WSH303WSH303
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Here we go... My controls were messed up, I didn't knew how to block. Movement seems more stiff, aiming options were different and I got killed by a trash mobs before I figured out whats going on. My favorite title is missing. The graphic aged even more, new city is just gray, shimmering mess and no amount of anti-aliasing can fix it. FPS is "good", 60 all the time but it stutters like hell. First impression is not so good, but I will give it a try.
  • AmewarashiAmewarashi
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I play vella, what I've experienced so far is:
    -responsive on dodge but not on directional keys and secondary weapon key (after using smash), how many times i had to spam the button until it does something? Never had something like this before in XE.
    -cant get used to the walk/run thing
    -no point in trying to avoid hits now unless you want to save pots and mercs, less fun.
    -my att spd seems faster on Prem though
    -more unstable fps, maybe because we've just migrated and it'll stabilize later.
    -missing multiprocess, fix when?

• RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    There are a few things i noticed.

I'll start with the downsides:
    1. The most painful loss is the multi-processing
    2. Messed up controls. The quickslot (1-9 keys) doesn't work while any of the control keys (shift, ctrl, alt) is held down even if there is no action bound to that key, so the input handling of this version must be really crappy
    3. Friendlists got deleted
    4. Directional keys have a small delay in combat
    5. The stop animation for running looks like it wants to switch to the walking state before actually switching to the stopped state
    6. I can't type letters with diacritics in the chat anymore
    7. When i was on my alt somehow out of nothing my main's chat window popped up
    8. Stamina doesn't regen while running
    9. The title Soul Stealer got renamed to Soul Hoarder on my Evie
    10. Feather slide is a bit more difficult to do because of the double tap :' (

However there are a few good things: (i know it's subjective)
    1. Attacks start faster after walking
    2. It looks like HDR is applied in the shaders (brighter images)
    3. Better organized friend list
    4. And the new event of course because i'll have a chance to get my perma inner coupon ^^

I'm trying to find more upsides to this version.
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    having to hold down the run button is annoying. you have to spam your hot bar for it to work. it seems a lot laggier than normal. the NA names for bosses seem a little childish. the server reset time is completely stupid. the game play seems pretty much the same apart from i have to hold more buttons down which to me seems stupid.
  • ReverieeNoComboBonusReverieeNoComboBonus
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    edited February 21, 2017
    Yeah terrible as expected, no combo bonus = why bother to dodge if you don't get knocked down, quality of play drastically dropped as facetanking becomes the most efficient for some classes

Really low fps in battles, vella dodge bugs still persist - braindead attacks like raze rose in power aswell

And who gives about GMs, not like they are needed, in EU all you had to do was write a ticket and it was fine, ingame GMs are literally useless, I mean okay the GM spammed megafon with nonsense (except the 1 mega which said NX selling is fine), such an incredible addition am I right

There is literally nothing positive and the list of negative things is long, some people wrote it decently well, no need to repeat

Oh and since Vindictus NA is terrible managed, goldbots most likely will swarm in, unless they think the game is so dead it's not worth it