[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

First impressions after migration

SirRFISirRFI
Vindictus Rep: 7,360
edited February 16, 2017 in Europe Chat
As stated by the title, post your first impressions after migration/unification process. Obviously 2-3 hours since the servers are back up is not enough to judge anything, therefore - first impressions.

Myself I redownloaded the entire client for fresh start, and reconfigured everything. Despite all the settings being about the same, I think I noticed a slightly FPS performance increment, and the special effects (such as blur) are now smoother and more consistent. I also like the Naemhain main screen, which is some variety.

After so many years it's not surprise that lack of auto-sprint is simply bothersome, and battles feels significantly longer without combo. I haven't been able to test the gameplay a lot either, because it took me just 1.5 hour to join a working Habident Abomination battle (apparently hoster's multi-core doesn't work).

A lot of stuff changed their names, so got to get used to them. Luckily for me, I didn't pay much attention to Berbhe content names, as they were horribly translated in the most part.
Anthonytonyboy

Comments

• KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    edited February 17, 2017
    I've noticed a lot of FPS drops while playing, especially when starting or ending a dungeon, but also while in dungeons or in towns. I updated the client from the EU version, though, so maybe it would be a good idea to redownload it entirely.

Gameplay-wise it was bit awkward with the missing auto-sprint at first and I'm definetely missing jumping around in town or while waiting, but battles didn't feel any longer for me. I don't think the missing combo bonus actually decreased the overall damage, rather it would make sense that we now basically have a permanent combo bonus and the XE version simply had less damage without the bonus. Anything else would be a rather strange move from the developers.

Everything else seems to be working rather well. Finally I don't have to struggle with the marketplace loading errors anymore and I haven't noticed anything negative so far (apart from my FPS issues).

EDIT: I've reinstalled my game completely and it runs MUCH smoother now, thanks for the tip!
  • LordSuizidLordSuizid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    the marketplace issues are just under control couse nothing is in it atm, since we did start with a clean Marketplace.

Well multicore isnt workin so far, i hope that will get fixed soon.

I still dont know if i like prem., its always hard to focus on a new playstyle when u used to annother.
    I still try to jump in town that will last for a long time i think.

Somehow i think there is some Dmg missing even without a combo i made more dmg then now. Its weird.
    Also Auto atk isnt workin or compleatly deleated, i dont like that at all
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    Karijuna wrote: »
    Rather it would make sense that we now basically have a permanent combo bonus and the XE version simply had less damage without the bonus. Anything else would be a rather strange move from the developers.

Actually,based on my own tests our current dmg is the same as 0% 'aka no' combo bonus back in XE.

I did the test with my Evie and Bloody Thread on a capped raid boss,wrote down the ~min-max numbers I could see till the boss died.
    My XE no combo Thread dmg was this:
    7500-7900 non crit and 15-15.9k crit

150% combo dmg was:
    11.3-12k non crit and 22-23.5k crit

And now currently in Pre,same boss and everything same on my char and I'm doing exactly the same dmg as my 0% combo dmg.

Didn't play much so far but Pre is not relly new to me anyway so I will just do more 'testing' tomorrow in general,like hosting and stuff.

• acticeactice
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    edited February 16, 2017
    beside the combo system and walk/run switch that i already knew.

1 vvip disappeared.
    2 MC is not working for host, suffering low fps atm.
    3 items posted on market are back to mail, no items were lost during migration. (i tho we would have problem here but no).
    4 GM online exist. and doing their job.
    5 auto aim disappeared
    6 not confirmed but i feel my attack speed is 10ish slower than in xe version.

the last two changes greatly changed my game play, hope i can get used to it asap.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    MrGatto wrote: »
    Karijuna wrote: »
    Rather it would make sense that we now basically have a permanent combo bonus and the XE version simply had less damage without the bonus. Anything else would be a rather strange move from the developers.

Actually,based on my own tests our current dmg is the same as 0% 'aka no' combo bonus back in XE.

I did the test with my Evie and Bloody Thread on a capped raid boss,wrote down the ~min-max numbers I could see till the boss died.

150% combo dmg was:

And now currently in Pre,same boss and everything same on my char and I'm doing exactly the same dmg as my 0% combo dmg.

Didn't play much so far but Pre is not relly new to me anyway so I will just do more 'testing' tomorrow in general,like hosting and stuff.

+wow then the devs did a terrible job with that, I'm impressed

The multicore support was temporarily removed and is being worked on, said a GM. Maybe we'll have it back in a week or two. Regarding the slower attack speed, I didn't notice anything on my Delia and Arisha so it might be something specific to the character you're playing? The auto-aim disappearing seems to be deliberate, but I'm not entirely sure. Never played with it on, but I understand that it's annoying for those who did. Maybe it's possible to forward that request to the developers.
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Only issue for me is the new run-walk mechanic.
    Other than that, i kinda like it here and it's been a long time since i've seen a GM in the game. Game feels pretty smooth and i haven't faced any unresponsiveness yet. Although multicore hosting is bugged apparently.
  • SMsakctSMsakct
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Well the fps drops didnt chance the same us before and i notice some latency on raids . We knew about the jump i miss it but i can manage it with out it ..... i didnt know about the run button and actually i hate it . And what i hate most is the auto target not work anymore dont know if is a bug or it should be like that the think is when hit a boss my character dont stay on the boss and this make the game not fun. what is harder some times is good and other times isnt for exable i like the sinister raid cause is hard but when i cant control my character how i want then is not fun anymore
  • RagnaゼロRagnaゼロ
    Vindictus Rep: 1,065
    edited February 17, 2017
    One of my favorite newst additions to the game is this beautiful feature:
    43582336208101406442.png

Since I'm frequently changing my IP adress, I will always have to wait 10 minutes to accept mails, use the market and stuff.

Edit: Also the event and reset times...
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    actice wrote: »
    4 GM online exist. and doing their job.
    So that Ehgess from yesterday's smega was the true one? Can't really trust people with random gear ;)

I kinda feel this too on both Vella and Delia, but not on all attacks. Perhaps some attacks are slower, or it's the on-hit slow effect being bigger.
  • ChaeldarChaeldar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,465
    I kinda feel this too on both Vella and Delia, but not on all attacks. Perhaps some attacks are slower, or it's the on-hit slow effect being bigger.[/quote]

Fionas feel it a lot. A few of my friends were complaining about how slow she felt compared to XE, as well as being unable to cancel certain animations, such as blocking after amaranth to shorten the full animation and save time. They also complained about there being a 1sec delay on PG, making it extremely difficult to re-guard for some attacks.
  • PurePure
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    I feel like I'm playing badly because there is no combo written on the right.
  • LordSuizidLordSuizid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    MrGatto wrote: »

150% combo dmg was:

I can't confirm that, i did loose arround 10k dmg on my smashes, just talkin abt the non combo smashes.
    also normal atk dmg output is jumping like hell. with 10 normal hits i make 10% the dmg i used to do in the xe version and 90% random numbers i never saw before.

• MarahuTeMarahuTe
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited February 17, 2017
    glad to see i'm not the only 1 who used autoaim! cant play lann atm...actually cant play at all becouse i m experiencing lag with every good hosts i know now...i can deal with running/sprinting...i can deal with not buyng NX and having to wait for events to get runes...i can deal with no combo damage bonus.....but i CANT deal with lag when i play! my connection is working and since i changed nothing on my end, i'm sure it s something different about the server/client! will try to check if it get s better somehow eventually but for now...good bye for me! ah dont worry NX i never gave you 1cent i'm sure you wont miss me! :D and sorry for my english!
  • MVGAMVGA
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    1st Impression on Lann Twin Spears:

- wouldn't mind using TAB key to activate Fury Infusion it should be optional (no reason to remove it)
    -Auto-Aim at enemies helps so it should be optional as well (no reason to remove it)

on Evie Scythe : playing any raid any battle it felt the STA was draining pretty fast , pretty to sad to know even with Insane Reaper activated I took a hit in Einrahur 'cause no Stamina (several times).

on Kai Crossgun: Minigun confirmed (Ton of damage)
  • xFreDxxFreDx
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    AP Shop got nerfed. Before the migration I could buy 20 merc pots for 100 AP 3 times. Now I can buy 5 !!! pots for 120 AP 3 times. Also blessings are more expensive and you buy one piece of them at the time. I do like the VIP for AP and Epaulet/necklace though.
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    edited February 17, 2017
    Chaeldar wrote: »
    I kinda feel this too on both Vella and Delia, but not on all attacks. Perhaps some attacks are slower, or it's the on-hit slow effect being bigger.
    Fionas feel it a lot. A few of my friends were complaining about how slow she felt compared to XE, as well as being unable to cancel certain animations, such as blocking after amaranth to shorten the full animation and save time. They also complained about there being a 1sec delay on PG, making it extremely difficult to re-guard for some attacks.

You need to HS(not guard) after amaranth in order to skip animation in premiere AFAIK.
  • ShinChillerShinChiller
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    edited February 17, 2017
    For me (Vella)
    I miss the autoaim. Did not know it will be removed and was used to it. Its pretty hard to land a LLRR Smash on the boss directly. And sometimes i just forget to aim and smash into nowhere... Also some crosscuts go in the wrong direction.

I was aware of the removal of the combo system, but i still expected a higher base DMG.
    I was told that XE got about 75% base dmg without combo compared to Premiere, but it seems like its simply 100%

Also i am wondering: other players are telling me they do 20k dmg doublecross on a capped boss. For me its 11k o_O (with high balance rng)

Sprint button does not bother me at all, i was moving around with dodge anyway most of the time.

It feels like i am getting stamina problems. Already got hit sometimes because of exhaustion. Never happened on XE... did they remove the stamina buff from bladehearth?

Problems joining party battles short after merg but i guess thats because everyone using multi processing.
  • VernandiVernandi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,165
    edited February 17, 2017
    First impressions ? Heyo casual server.
    Speed up bosses easier, stamina easier, normal attack faster. Almost same time for complete fights (150% difference damage XE? pfff)
    If be a little more serious:
    1) 20-30% less game perfomance in towns
    2) All "XE only" bugs still here on PRE too
    Gameplay detail:
    1) Reaction on press attack button after slow walk much faster than XE, reaction on press attack button after run much slower than XE
    2) Button attack direction have huge delay, with 90 ats you need press direction 2x attacks before needed attack.
    3) "stop run" animation weird, slow and bugged, in real fight you never use run mode just because impossible full control with those bugs.
  • TeryGTeryG
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    edited February 17, 2017
    Vella chain.
    Missing auto aim,auto run the most so far.
    The whole run/stop animation is weird...run also weird if you spam it. :)
    More to follow for certain...only just starting combat.
    Ah and vvip has vanished for many people,including me (see bug report section of the forum).
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    When I realised I have to press Shift to run.

QoE4eEf.gif
    P3lli