[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

February 16th Scheduled Game Update

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
in News Archive
Dear Players,

We will be performing a scheduled game update and European service migration on Thursday, February 16th at 5:00 AM PST. During this period, all servers will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 8 hours, concluding at around 1:00 PM PST.

- Start and End Time -

Pacific: 5:00 AM - 1:00 PM PST

Eastern: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST

Europe: 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM CET

Australia: 12:00 AM - 8:00 AM AEDT (Friday, February 17th)

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- What -

Comments

• ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    you really need to work on your timezone translation :D
    Bowner
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    Well that's rubbish, i was hoping to play before going to work lol
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    what is the incoming new outfit?
  • YulaYula
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    Sooo, the maintenance is still going for another 5 hours right? (It says maintenance when I click play.)

Also, the new launcher tried to download the whole game again to by pass it do the following:

♦ Accept the redownload of the game and then cancel it after a few MB's, just to let it create the folders automatically
    ♦ Open your Nexon/Vindictus EU/en-EU (or DE for germans?)
    ♦ Select everything in this folder, from the top 'bin' folder to the last file 'zlib1.dll' and copy the whole thing. (or use shortcut combinations: ctrl + a and ctrl + c)
    ♦ Go back to the Nexon main folder and you should see a 'Library' folder, click it! Continue to open the folders that follow. (vindictus/appdata/en-US)
    ♦ Now paste the stuff you copied earlier from the EU folder.
    ♦ Open the launcher and try play the game. The 15 GB 'download' will turn into a 200 MB 'update' and it'll finally be done.
    ♦ Click Play !
    Controller001
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Yula wrote: »
    Sooo, the maintenance is still going for another 5 hours right? (It says maintenance when I click play.)

Also, the new launcher tried to download the whole game again to by pass it do the following:

♦ Accept the redownload of the game and then cancel it after a few MB's, just to let it create the folders automatically
    ♦ Open your Nexon/Vindictus EU/en-EU (or DE for germans?)
    ♦ Select everything in this folder, from the top 'bin' folder to the last file 'zlib1.dll' and copy the whole thing. (or use shortcut combinations: ctrl + a and ctrl + c)
    ♦ Go back to the Nexon main folder and you should see a 'Library' folder, click it! Continue to open the folders that follow. (vindictus/appdata/en-US)
    ♦ Now paste the stuff you copied earlier from the EU folder.
    ♦ Open the launcher and try play the game. The 15 GB 'download' will turn into a 200 MB 'update' and it'll finally be done.
    ♦ Click Play !

It probably happens when the EU client's uninstall entry is removed, because the new launcher automatically found my client's folder for me and it updated with that approx. 224 MB data.
  • Controller001Controller001
    Vindictus Rep: 1,920
    edited February 16, 2017
    I've done that, but now iam getting
    "Game Launch Blocked You are attempting to acces from outside of our service area. Please go to..."

also had ~300mb patch.
  • Meerkat007Meerkat007
    Vindictus Rep: 370
    edited February 16, 2017
    I done complete uninstall of Vindictus EU and fresh install Nexon Launcher and game.
    Message when tried to start game was is under maintenance.
    I've done that, but now iam getting
    "Game Launch Blocked You are attempting to acces from outside of our service area. Please go to..."

also had ~300mb patch.

Issue reported on account support section and I hope will be fixed as soon as possible.

Dealer wrote: »
    Currently the game is in maintenance, so the message you are getting may be related to that.

The NA maintenance should end at 22.00 CET. Please keep an eye on the official notice for updates

if you are still having errors after the maintenance is complete please post a screenshot of the error you receive.

All the best

• DevauerisDevaueris
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I'm receiving the same message after update "Game Launch Blocked You are attempting to acces from outside of our service area. Please go to..."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Hi! You will not be able to access the game client because we are still under maintenance. We will let everyone know once we go live. Thanks for your patience
  • SchetilleSchetille
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    One hour left of maintenance
  • RitsuTainakaRitsuTainaka
    Vindictus Rep: 825
    Should I stop downloading? lol
    I dont really care if it downloads 3gb but it trying to redownload the entire game would be a bit much
    B0PHsFc.png
  • AnduriAnduri
    Vindictus Rep: 1,515
    edited February 16, 2017
    ok so is the game still in update Australia: 12:00 AM - 8:00 AM AEDT (Friday, February 17th) it is Friday, February 17th for me right now so
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited February 16, 2017
    Anduri wrote: »
    ok so is the game still in update Australia: 12:00 AM - 8:00 AM AEDT (Friday, February 17th) it is Friday, February 17th for me right now so

I am not entirely sure what you are saying but I just looked up the time in AEDT to make sure the announcement is correct and it says it is still only 7:15am ADET (at the time of this post), so it seems like the announcement is correct for all.

I know AUS has some different time zones so make sure to convert the one specified on the announcement to yours.
  • Meerkat007Meerkat007
    Vindictus Rep: 370
    Game is on !

All the best
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Should I stop downloading? lol
    I dont really care if it downloads 3gb but it trying to redownload the entire game would be a bit much
    B0PHsFc.png

I'm not sure if it works but you can go to this folder C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\NexonLauncher and open the apps-settings.db file. You will find a line in it that's name is "installPath". Check if it points to the old client's location. If not then first close the launcher, change it to the correct path, save the file, and open the launcher again, and see what happens.

And also give me a feedback if it worked or not. : P
  • Controller001Controller001
    Vindictus Rep: 1,920
    its over, but for me and probably other people that used to play in EU-XE from banned countries cant play now. Hope we get added to "go" list soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Hi all,

We are live!
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    I did install/download the game on beforehand (before 'complete) but I get the 'Your cuntry is blocked' (eu person here)
  • RossaryRossary
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    after update 305mb i try play but game gives me "You are attempting to acces from outside of our service area " Is it time to panic? +wow +sad I had feeling about this happening +cry
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    JynXi wrote: »
    I did install/download the game on beforehand (before 'complete) but I get the 'Your cuntry is blocked' (eu person here)

Hi, if you are an EU player please make sure the region you are trying to log in from is listed here:
    European Migration FAQ