[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

100 brynn enchanting

2edgy4u2edgy4u
Vindictus Rep: 2,915
in General Discussion
I think I've heard people say that it's possible when the display shows 100 brynn and the percent chance of success is maxed, that the actual brynn number could have gone over in decimals and the success chance is reduced to minimum even though the display doesn't show it, leading to 100 brynn Passion failing for example. Is this true?

What would happen if I used 5x 20 brynn elixirs like those we got from that recent event? Did people who did that see an implausibly high failure rate?

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    100 brynn works just fine. I wouldn't chance aiming for 100 if you are already at ~96 or higher, but never seen anything that would indicate odds decrease at 100 brynn. (And yes I use 5x on the 20 brynn elixirs all the time now. )
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    That moment when you fail Passion ES at 97%, but succeed a Fast ES at 40% (100 Brynn)

._.
  • TheMoofTheMoof
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited February 14, 2017
    To answer the original question about 100 brynns potentially causing a reset, yes. The type used by your computer to represent these values can have aproximation errors. This will cause a value of "100" to have a real value of "100.0000000001" when the error occurs, causing the success percentage to reset.

Python's documentation has a less math-proofy explanation if you're really curious.
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited February 14, 2017
    TheMoof wrote: »
    To answer the original question about 100 brynns potentially causing a reset, yes. The type used by your computer to represent these values can have aproximation errors. This will cause a value of "100" to have a real value of "100.0000000001" when the error occurs, causing the success percentage to reset.

Python's documentation has a less math-proofy explanation if you're really curious.
    In that case, wouldn't the %success chance the game shows you drastically drop to 25%, warning you something was wrong?
  • TheMoofTheMoof
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    jjX wrote: »
    In that case, wouldn't the %success chance the game shows you drastically drop to 25%, warning you something was wrong?

Not necessarily. It can show 100 Brynns and Max% in the display function, but the enchanting function actually triggers the approximation error causing the reset (for all intents and purposes, think of it happening during the pop up with the status bar/cancel button).
    2edgy4u
  • ChrysChrys
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    So can 5x 20 Brynn elixirs trigger the overflow? Has anybody tested this scenario with a Significant or Passion?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited February 14, 2017
    TheMoof wrote: »

The same thing can be argued for 99.99999999%

There is no proof of this unless someone has a vid showing 100% fail. I have seen 99% fail, but not a 100%.
    Chrys wrote: »
    So can 5x 20 Brynn elixirs trigger the overflow? Has anybody tested this scenario with a Significant or Passion?

I have used ~5 5x20 Brynn on passion with no issues.

That said if you are this concerned about burning 20x brynn bottles for a passion, just save it for a ES that is actually worth money.

• DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    People actually fall for brynn's scam? Havn't used a magic elixir in years with the same results.
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    How can you know it's the same result though?