[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Counterdrain Awakening - minus cooldown or damage?

MochiSweetMochiSweet
Vindictus Rep: 3,050
edited February 12, 2017 in Arisha
Well since I've started an argument with my friend about this topic. Tbh I go to damage up, because I calculated that -5s cooldown doesn't give you any extra counter drain in short battle, at least around 9 mins for 1 extra counter drain (most raids nowadays end in much shorter than 9 mins), assuming you use counter drain at start of the battle and always use it whenver it off cooldown. Besides, not everytime when your counter drain ready, the boss is attacking you so 5s cd faster doesn't give you much benefit.
So what you think? and pls care to explain if you choose -5s, because I failed to get my friend's point, oh and better with some calculations. Thanks.

*calling all pro Arishas* +call

Comments

• RivaRiva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Since when does Ruin Blade have damage awakening?
  • RaijinnRaijinn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    It doesn't have an option for damage. Just cooldown reduction and knockdown. I personally go knockdown because the utility of it is good for raids like Kraken and Bark, for flinching purposes to free grab tents, flinch head to cancel AoE, and to flinch Bark from moving to another part of the map.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Oh mb it's counter drain lol. Just read the entire post.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    edited February 12, 2017
    Fixed.
    And pls share your opinions on this.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    I'd pick damage over the -5 sec because that -5 sec off cooldown isn't really going to make that much of a difference vs doing +10% more damage.
    MochiSweet
  • RivaRiva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Both awakenings are pretty trivial. If I remember correctly a counter drain crit goes for about 9k damage and 10k for the second counter (XE, but I'll look at the numbers later).
    Add to that 10% damage and you get an additional 900 and 1k damage. In the long run it's pretty much useless.
    Same goes for cooldown, that 5 second downtime isn't going to affect much when you can just block, but I often look at the timer to see when I can use it and quite often I use it the moment it goes off cd, especially during Neam's phases.
    MochiSweet
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    My CD on crit does about 10 to 12k damage depending on RNG with balance pet hit. Damage is better for CD since where you would want to use it is very situational. Waiting 5 seconds means little when some boses could be winding up for 5 seconds to begin with and if the boss even decides to hit you in the first place.
    MochiSweetOrder5
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    A counter drain has a 70 second cooldown. Removing 5 seconds, would allow it to become 65 seconds, a 7% decrease. In ~15 minutes, you can do an additional counter drain compared to 10% damage, from 14 to 15. Meanwhile, you would have already done additional damage worth of counter drain from the 10% damage on the 10th hit, and accumulating increments even if you dont reach the 10th, while you need 15 min for the -5 to be worth it.

10% damage all the way, its a no brainer.
    MochiSweet
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    so happy many ppl think same as me +yay
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Where is Tariro? D:
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited February 15, 2017
    Personally, I'd vote for leave it be and not even bother wasting money with awakening.

-5s cooldown does effectively nothing, especially since it is very likely for a s3 boss to not be attacking you the moment it goes off cooldown.
    10% dmg also does nearly nothing due to the long cooldown. Counter drain itself contributes very little direct damage in the first place.

If you need it filled with something to satisfy your OCD.. put dmg.

The difference between counter drain with 10% dmg awakening and not having it, for a typical 5 minute raid is... comparable to using flurry for 2 seconds.
    MochiSweet
  • giapgiap
    Vindictus Rep: 670
    Minus 5sec cooldown is not even an option lol, damage awaken ftw :)